• 2,538 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 06:13 PM

$100 backer
I also want the secret files

Beast

Yeoman Robert"Beast" Mitchell Yeoman of the Guard RPFS

Vice Admiral Sir John Perrot Royal Order of the Tudor Rose NCRF

Knotworking for a better tomorrow)

Brutal Harmony (have no idea where that tenor came from I sing bass)

Known superpower :Bodice Lacing

currently playing

Ghost Cat
Precision
Wraith

#103 Matthew Martin

Matthew Martin

Standard Normal

• PipPipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 07:16 PM

Third. :) Backed at $30, may go higher depending on various factors.

Will the SW and M&M stats be included as appendices to the print version?

#104 Steve

Steve

Hero Games Otaku

• 5,855 posts

Posted 18 October 2016 - 11:50 PM

Over 1/3 funded on the first day. That's pretty good. :)
"We can rebuild him... we have the character points..." - Dust Raven

"He's a few neutrons short of a stable isotope." - Forum comment on zerohedge.com

#105 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,765 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:04 AM

I don't think there's much doubt it will be fully funded by the end. Just remains to be seen how far we can stretch.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

#106 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,822 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:22 AM

minichart.png

:)

HM

#107 Darren Watts

Darren Watts

Used ta be sumbody

• 2,226 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 11:00 AM

Hey all! Thanks for the support so far- we're at over 40% funded at just under 24 hours, so it looks excellent so far! Still got a ways to go, though, so I'm looking for podcasts, blogs, and similar places for promotion, interviews, etc. - LMK if you have such a thing or have suggestions where you'd like to see me go on and on about Mac Raboy, Roy Thomas or the portrayal of mentalists in the 1940s! dw

"Who know what evil lurk in hearts of men? Not me, maybe that guy over there!" - Win Eckert as Bizarro-Shadow

#108 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 717 posts

Posted 19 October 2016 - 12:09 PM

That's an excellent start.  We may get to 120% funding by the end, if things go as they usually do.  You never know, though...

I'll take every opportunity to mention the project.

GMing since 1982.

#109 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,765 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 09:58 AM

IT'S OVER 9,000!

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

#110 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 717 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 10:56 AM

Now starts the long, slow period...

GMing since 1982.

#111 Darren Watts

Darren Watts

Used ta be sumbody

• 2,226 posts

Posted 20 October 2016 - 11:18 AM

Yeah. I am hoping we can get some spikes along the way- I'm doing a couple of podcasts and interviews and am looking to get more, and I have two major cons before the campaign ends (Metatopia in New Jersey, where I'm senior staff, and U-Con in Michigan where I'm a guest.) So please keep spreading the word! dw

• GM Joe and Hyper-Man like this
"Who know what evil lurk in hearts of men? Not me, maybe that guy over there!" - Win Eckert as Bizarro-Shadow

#112 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 07:38 AM

We're more than halfway there!

GMing since 1982.

#113 Hyper-Man

Hyper-Man

Caped Madman!

• 14,822 posts

Posted 21 October 2016 - 12:56 PM

Just $32,196 to go!

:)
HM
  • GM Joe likes this

#114 Robert Harrison

Robert Harrison

Honorary Shaw Brother

• 141 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 04:30 PM

How closely tied is this game to the Champions Universe?  In other words, how easy would it be to use this book to run a Golden Age game without any reference at all to the Champions Universe?

-Bob

#115 Darren Watts

Darren Watts

Used ta be sumbody

• 2,226 posts

Posted 22 October 2016 - 07:28 PM

How closely tied is this game to the Champions Universe?  In other words, how easy would it be to use this book to run a Golden Age game without any reference at all to the Champions Universe?

-Bob

Well, it's set IN the Champs Universe, but it's almost entirely new characters for it. So if you wanted to use the characters to start a new separate universe, it shouldn't be terribly difficult. Some characters are tied to specific CU people and places (like Atlantis, for example), but a lot of superhero universes have Atlantis or equivalents. And the campaign advice, historical material, etc. isn't universe specific at all. dw

#116 Darren Watts

Darren Watts

Used ta be sumbody

• 2,226 posts

Posted 26 October 2016 - 06:19 PM

If anybody here is a regular over at RPGNet as well, I'd really appreciate somebody opening up a topic on GAC outside of the advertising venues...

#117 Nemblamenchisus

Nemblamenchisus

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:04 PM

A little disappointed that it's not coming out as a Hero Games product. I know the contents will be the same, but with Strike Force and now this it seems like Hero might never release another official product. 

#118 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,765 posts

Posted 28 October 2016 - 10:39 PM

It would be encouraging if the company was able to publish its own material regularly again, but to be frank, if the quality is comparable and it's set in the official CU, I don't care where it comes from as long as it comes.

• aylwin13, Beast, Hyper-Man and 2 others like this

- Maya Angelou

#119 bigdamnhero

bigdamnhero

Don't try this at home!

• 6,220 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 09:33 AM

As an individual gamer, I don't care either. But it doesn't exactly do much to dispel the perception that "Hero Is Dead" which I hear a lot from...basically anyone not on these boards. Which doesn't bode well for the game's viability going forward.

• Burrito Boy likes this
"If I ever decide to kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."

#120 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,765 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 10:07 AM

Golden Age Champions should help a little with that. Even if by another publisher, it's got Champions in the title and is set in the official universe. But unless some wealthy gamer donates a big mess of capital to Hero Games, I don't see what else the company can do at this point. :(

- Maya Angelou