Pre-Kickstart Thread for Golden Age Champions

• Please log in to reply
151 replies to this topic

#121 Burrito Boy

Burrito Boy

Closet Chimichanga

• 2,244 posts

Posted 29 October 2016 - 03:16 PM

Golden Age Champions should help a little with that. Even if by another publisher, it's got Champions in the title and is set in the official universe. But unless some wealthy gamer donates a big mess of capital to Hero Games, I don't see what else the company can do at this point. :(

Don't worry. It's only a matter of time before one of us wins the lottery.
  • Hyper-Man likes this

RIP David Burton (1960-2011)

Kurt Wilcken's pulp web comic Hannibal Tesla

#122 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,808 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 05:40 PM

Don't worry. It's only a matter of time before one of us wins the lottery.

Im working on it!

Step 1-Win lottery.
Step 2- (Which will be the hardest) Convince wife to invest in Hero games.
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#123 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,469 posts

Posted 30 October 2016 - 06:58 PM

Im working on it!

Step 1-Win lottery.
Step 2- (Which will be the hardest) Convince wife to invest in Hero games.

Really? Win lottery? You have a beter chance of getting hit by lightning. Or getting that $15 per hour minimum wage bump.

Eather sent via Libary Computer or my cellphone. I do not own my own computer. Creator of bad spellings, and stuff both great and stuff only great inside my own mind. Warning: I may be published one day.

#124 Darren Watts

Darren Watts

Used ta be sumbody

• 2,226 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 11:56 AM

Golden Age still needs your support- remember, gang, Hitler's not gonna punch himself! dw

• aylwin13 likes this
"Who know what evil lurk in hearts of men? Not me, maybe that guy over there!" - Win Eckert as Bizarro-Shadow

#125 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,769 posts

Posted 31 October 2016 - 09:56 PM

Have you seen his speeches? It's amazing he didn't deck himself more often.

(Video below is purely for references purposes, and does not indicate support for Hitler or condoning his policies.)

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

#126 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,769 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 09:59 PM

I boosted my pledge 10%. Not dramatic (or onerous to me), but if we all did that it would amount to a big step toward our goal.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

#127 Darren Watts

Darren Watts

Used ta be sumbody

• 2,226 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 11:33 AM

I'm hearing from a number of friends and allies that they've marked the kickstart to remind them later, or are waiting for better financial circumstances like a forthcoming paycheck to back us. While I don't quite get that strategy (after all, KS doesn't charge you until we fund or don't on the 17th), I do hold out some hope for a late rush...

"Who know what evil lurk in hearts of men? Not me, maybe that guy over there!" - Win Eckert as Bizarro-Shadow

#128 Balabanto

Balabanto

The Classic Avenger!

• 4,149 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 02:26 PM

Golden Age still needs your support- remember, gang, Hitler's not gonna punch himself! dw

He will when the PC's mind control him!

Hang onto your Hats, True Believers! Because the Brawling Balabanto is back in action. Many of you have forgotten how to say Excelsior! So I will say it for you!

Author: Foxbat For President, War of Worldcraft, Unkindness, Pretty Hate Machines, King of the Mountain, Imaginary Friends, Journey to the Center of the Earth

Hero Supplement In Production: Imperial Throne
On Deck: Legacies: The Campaign Supplement, because you demanded it!

Novels: Hellbow Rune, A Novel of Dark Fantasy

Novel at my Agent: Alison L

o right to all, and wrong no man.

#129 Scott Baker

Scott Baker

One of The First Ones

• 1,677 posts

Posted 07 November 2016 - 05:24 PM

I'm hearing from a number of friends and allies that they've marked the kickstart to remind them later, or are waiting for better financial circumstances like a forthcoming paycheck to back us. While I don't quite get that strategy (after all, KS doesn't charge you until we fund or don't on the 17th), I do hold out some hope for a late rush...

If money is an issue, then the reminder seems valid since you'll be looking at whether you can afford to back right before the end of the campaign. If you back earlier you run the risk of not being able to afford it when the campaign closes. If you set a reminder and back it anyway, then the campaign can get hit with a drop in pledges as people discover they really can't afford it.

If money isn't the issue, my (admittedly limited) experience is that those who set a reminder aren't sure they're going to back at all.

Personally, I just pledge my top amount up-front and be done with it for campaigns I know I'm going to back. Since I tend to track the progress of campaigns I back, I suppose I might follow LL's example at the end of the campaign if I felt very strongly about making sure it funded.

"Once you consent to some concession, you can never cancel it and put things back the way they are." - Howard Hughes

#130 Steve

Steve

Hero Games Otaku

• 5,855 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:00 AM

83% funded now. It's going to be close, it looks like.
"We can rebuild him... we have the character points..." - Dust Raven

"He's a few neutrons short of a stable isotope." - Forum comment on zerohedge.com

#131 Scott Baker

Scott Baker

One of The First Ones

• 1,677 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:31 AM

83% funded now. It's going to be close, it looks like.

Things (normally) pick up during the last week,  and that's almost 34 hours from now. I wouldn't count on any stretch goals, but I'm not too worried about it funding. And if there really are a lot of people with reminders set as Darren mentioned, all of the real action may be in the last 48 hours.

"Once you consent to some concession, you can never cancel it and put things back the way they are." - Howard Hughes

#132 Steve

Steve

Hero Games Otaku

• 5,855 posts

Posted 09 November 2016 - 02:49 PM

Only $2835 left to go until its funded (85%).

"He's a few neutrons short of a stable isotope." - Forum comment on zerohedge.com

#133 Tom-C

Tom-C

Incompetent Normal

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 12:54 PM

Backed at $20.

My Champions Game - Golden City Guardians: https://golden-city-...idianportal.com

#134 Steve

Steve

Hero Games Otaku

• 5,855 posts

Posted 15 November 2016 - 03:09 PM

We have finally breached $20k! Can we get to $25k in the next 45 hours?
  • Beast likes this

#135 Steve

Steve

Hero Games Otaku

• 5,855 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 11:20 AM

We're now in the final hour.

#136 Steve

Steve

Hero Games Otaku

• 5,855 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:22 PM

Funded at $23k.

#137 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 717 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 12:26 PM

I'm glad we get another great Hero System book!  Sure, I'd prefer it to be a full-color, hardcover book...but the content's what matters, and having a physical book matters a lot to me. So, huzzah!

• Lord Liaden likes this

GMing since 1982.

#138 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,769 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 01:24 PM

Agreed. The bells and whistles would have been nice, but what's coming is what I really want.

- Maya Angelou

#139 TrevorG

TrevorG

Standard Normal

• PipPipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 09:42 AM

Is there a tentative release date on this product yet ?

#140 bigdamnhero

bigdamnhero

Don't try this at home!

• 6,224 posts

Posted 08 July 2017 - 11:59 AM

Last update from Jason (a day or so ago?) was they're finishing up the layout and expect to have an initial draft in a week or so. He didn't give a projected release date.

"If I ever decide to kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."