Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NN1

Hero designer 5th ed vehicle export template

I know that there is a known bug involving exporting vehicles in Hero Designer to PDF (or at least there was last time I checked, if this has been patched, that would be great to know). I want to know if there is a good 5th edition vehicle export template. I have found 6th ed vehicle templates, but they have some bugs, such as not displaying defense (I assume that this is a result of a change in 6th edition) and are generally ugly as sin (I can live with that).

Also, is there a good resource as to how export templates can be made. I'm pretty good at coding, so I might just be able to do it myself, but, like all good programmers, I'm lazy and want to see if there is an existing template I can use first.

Not sure why you'd post here rather than the HD forum...

The PDF functionality is only intended for character exports -- it's not a bug that it doesn't work on Vehicles, it was never intended to.

You'll find plenty of export formats (mainly characters, but also Vehicle exports) in the downloads section of this site.

Instructions on how the export formats are built/customized can be found in the documentation for HD.

I somehow missed the Hero Designer forum completely, sorry about that. I had checked the downloads, but the vehicle exports were 6th ed and didn't export the DEF correctly (I think they changed that in 6e). I've been manually modifying the exported file, but was looking for a better way. Thanks for the help.