Hero Virtual Tabletop > Progress

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jeff Anderson

Jeff Anderson

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 08:05 PM

For folks looking for an alternative to maps and miniatures for there super hero RPG battles, have a look at what I have been putting together. The following are screen shots of an app that takes the headless version of City Of Heroes, called Icon, and extends it with some functionality to manage fully animated an interactive miniatures on a 3d desktop. 

After a couple of months of toil, thought I would show what is starting to be some pretty cool features to extend Icon for machima, role playing games, etc...

Application places a tabletop widget to the side of the desktop
Screenshot%2B2016-06-13%2B19.34.53.png

the character explorer allows creating nested crowds of characters that can be linked, cloned and moved like windows explorer.

Screenshot%2B2016-06-13%2B19.36.43.png

Single characters or entire crowds can be pasted into an active roster. Multiple characters in the roster can be spawned, locations can be saved, etc with a single command.

Screenshot%2B2016-06-13%2B19.38.35.png

Each Character can be given multiple identities, Models or Costumes can be browsed, filtered, and previewed. Identites can activate an animated ability on load

Screenshot%2B2016-06-13%2B19.40.54.png

Characters can be associated with multiple animated abilities. A UI provides for associated abilities with a hierarchical structure of FX, movs, and sound, all browseable, with realtime previewing.

Screenshot%2B2016-06-13%2B19.48.06.png

Multiple Characters can be activated at a time which causes the active widget to display, active character can be moved, and abilities can be fired from the widget. 

Screenshot%2B2016-06-13%2B19.49.35.png

Once i get attacks, movements, and scenes done the "desktop" will be done, than Ill move to integrating the hero system RPG ruleset, so all mechanics, knockback, character build are part of the application.

Anyone interested in the application let me know, probably a month away for the first release

• Christopher likes this

#2 cptpatriot

cptpatriot

Friend of the Hero System & Kickstarter Supporter

• 647 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 07:47 AM

I've been trying to follow your progress as best I can. I'm still genuinely interested in seeing how things are going.

#3 pruttm

pruttm

Pete Ruttman

• 400 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

Cool stuff Jeff.

Please visit my RPG company website at http://www.blessedmachine.com

We are regularly updating the News section with our latest progress.

#4 DHKnechtLLC

DHKnechtLLC

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 05:11 PM

Please keep it coming!

#5 Jeff Anderson

Jeff Anderson

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 01:12 AM

Version 1 is finally ready!.

If you want to use COH for your champions role playing games please as a virtual tabletop take a look at the app I have put together. 

Follow the instructions to install at the attached thread (bottom of page). Any questions ask there...

https://www.cohtitan...?topic=12106.40

#6 IndianaJoe3

IndianaJoe3

Mad Hero System Genius

• 2,840 posts

Posted 29 April 2017 - 07:55 AM

Trying to get this to work. I have Tequila downloaded, but it can't find the file it needs on Dropbox.

#7 Jeff Anderson

Jeff Anderson

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:11 PM

Trying to get this to work. I have Tequila downloaded, but it can't find the file it needs on Dropbox.

Did you try the links at the bottom of the page? I just attempted and it works fine. If you are still having trouble please post on the cog thread and we will be happy to support you through it.

#8 Christougher

Christougher

Incorrigeable Tinkerer

• 719 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 04:36 PM

I got this installed and working after a few false starts.

The hour or so I had available, someone was running a makeshift 'game' involving finding people and reading their name/description.

How busy is the server(s)?  

Jake Sweeper: I gotta ask, Chris, anyone ever accuse you of overthinking? :) Narf the Mouse: ...Yes, they have. Chris, you're overthinking it.

#9 Chris Goodwin

Chris Goodwin

Social justice globehead

• 4,400 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 03:12 PM

Why have you not been posting more about this?  You are an absolute genius!

Edit:  Is this the one using Hero Combat Manager?

Chris Goodwin
The Big Thread of Helpful HowtosThe Unofficial HERO System Forum | HERO System Low Heroic Protocols | Old School ChampionsHow to Play HERO System | Robot Warriors to HERO System Current Editions

There are two paths your character can take into the game: the path of the game guidelines document, or the path of the Character Approver 9000. Choose your path wisely.

#10 bluesguy

bluesguy

Very Powerful Hero - Opinions vary :-)

• 1,096 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 09:25 PM

Why have you not been posting more about this?  You are an absolute genius!

Edit:  Is this the one using Hero Combat Manager?

As the creator of HCM - not that I know of....

David Tannen
bluesguy@davidtannen.com
http://www.davidtannen.com

Hero Combat Manager

#11 Chris Goodwin

Chris Goodwin

Social justice globehead

• 4,400 posts

Posted 13 September 2017 - 11:07 PM

As the creator of HCM - not that I know of....

Not from your end... Jeff had written an interface between HCM and Icon to use Icon as a VTT for Champions.  

Chris Goodwin
The Big Thread of Helpful HowtosThe Unofficial HERO System Forum | HERO System Low Heroic Protocols | Old School ChampionsHow to Play HERO System | Robot Warriors to HERO System Current Editions

There are two paths your character can take into the game: the path of the game guidelines document, or the path of the Character Approver 9000. Choose your path wisely.

#12 pruttm

pruttm

Pete Ruttman

• 400 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 04:40 PM

It was originally interfaced with Hero Combat Simulator.  A different Hero System combat manager app.

• bluesguy likes this

Please visit my RPG company website at http://www.blessedmachine.com

We are regularly updating the News section with our latest progress.

#13 Chris Goodwin

Chris Goodwin

Social justice globehead

• 4,400 posts

Posted 14 September 2017 - 05:08 PM

It was originally interfaced with Hero Combat Simulator.  A different Hero System combat manager app.

Ah!  I didn't realize that.  

Chris Goodwin