Civilization/City Themed Hero Team WIP

Enforcer84

So I'm working on a team of heroes, a little quirky. They're (hopefully) a bit different than your average team but can clearly do that as well.

The members I have a fairly firm grasp on are:

Erbauer: The son of a Greek God and a German Civil Planner. An architect in his secret ID this guy is a Thor pastiche but his weapon is an "Omni-Tool" that can take many forms but he defaults it to an over sized monkey-wrench. He has construction based powers which are by and large non combat, though he can summon walls of building material as temporary defenses. He can construct shelters/buildings in hours, as well as repair or upgrade structures and buildings. 

Hygeineomancer: (Almost went with Hygenie...) This man answers the question of What If.... Dr Strange was a germaphobic landscaper rather than surgeon. His spells include the ability to instantly (and constantly) clean his uniform, clean others at a touch and transform a large area into a well groomed landscape. (I thought of this guy on my walks to and from work there are places that need magical cleaning because the city or the owners don't.) He also has traditional spells but he's quirky enough to worry about cleaning. 

The Plowman: Another mystically oriented brick. Not a demigod but from the lands of legend. A large, burly man with over-sized arms and fists who can Summon a giant plow and an even more giant white Ox. He backs typical brick behavior with the ability to churn any earth into fertile soil. 

Captain Innovation: A former soldier turned dancer turned MMA fighter then gifted the ability to constantly sense new ways of doing things. She mostly pushes her combat abilities this way, but has been studying technologies and has added gadgeteer to her portfolio.

Madam Tesla: Steam Punk styled Cyperkinetic, Gadgeteer, and (most importantly)Electricity wielder. Also creates robots.

Code Red: Robot. Created by Madam Tesla. A medical Bot capable of surviving hostile environments. 

Feel free to offer ideas...I've got a few that I'm pondering.

Codex - Master of the Writen Word

Judgement - mentalist

Erbauer:

Wich greek god? Only handiworks god I know would be Hephaistos - the smith. Aprodite was married to him, but she was quite the cheat.

Gladiator:

Back in the old day (Civilisation 2) the Coloseum stayed a viable building and even got more powerfull with electricity.

The Police/The Judge/Truth & Justice:

Back in 2-3 corruption was an issue. Buildings like Courthouses and Police Stations were used to combat it, but the primary factor was the government being used.

Aside from Sid Meiers Civlisation: Beyond Earth and Civilisation Call to Power I have really only played 2.

I did thought about making a Alpha Centauri based setting once. Inlcuding all the new human factions of "Alien Crossfire" there is a quite a bit of material to draw from.

Never played Civilisation. But I have a few thoughts...

Aquafier: Can move and purifie water and use it for mighty deeds.

Lamp Lighter: Master of illumination. Creator of light without heat.

The Knowage Keeper: Can summon books on almost any subject.

Never played Civilisation. But I have a few thoughts...

Aquafier: Can move and purifie water and use it for mighty deeds.

Lamp Lighter: Master of illumination. Creator of light without heat.

The Knowage Keeper: Can summon books on almost any subject.

Good ideas, though Codex is my version of KK. :) 

Erbauer:

Wich greek god? Only handiworks god I know would be Hephaistos - the smith. Aprodite was married to him, but she was quite the cheat.

Gladiator:

Back in the old day (Civilisation 2) the Coloseum stayed a viable building and even got more powerfull with electricity.

The Police/The Judge/Truth & Justice:

Back in 2-3 corruption was an issue. Buildings like Courthouses and Police Stations were used to combat it, but the primary factor was the government being used.

Aside from Sid Meiers Civlisation: Beyond Earth and Civilisation Call to Power I have really only played 2.

I did thought about making a Alpha Centauri based setting once. Inlcuding all the new human factions of "Alien Crossfire" there is a quite a bit of material to draw from.

Erbaur's parentage is probably going to have to be contrived. Hephaestus in my world has a new wife from his time in space. And he's not the sleeping around sort. Vulcan on the other hand, might work. Athena is no longer chaste and I could see her getting behind this group especially if her son was one of them. Diana perhaps as well but she hasn't really been created yet.

• 8 months later...

Prometheus: anarchistic inventor. Believes in information's right to be free. Steals inventions, especially from MegaCorps and Super Villains, and spreads them via Internet leaks.

Irrigator: African water summoner obsessed with the idea of re-fertilizing Sahara and Kalahari.

The Plowman: Another mystically oriented brick. Not a demigod but from the lands of legend. A large, burly man with over-sized arms and fists who can Summon a giant plow and an even more giant white Ox. He backs typical brick behavior with the ability to churn any earth into fertile soil. 

There's actually a guy something like this from the old Russian hero-epics. I can't recall his name right now, but I'll get back to you.

(Also never played Civilization -- it's a video game? -- so working only from context.)

Dean Shomshak

There's actually a guy something like this from the old Russian hero-epics. I can't recall his name right now, but I'll get back to you.

(Also never played Civilization -- it's a video game? -- so working only from context.)

Dean Shomshak

Dean, it is a computer game. A video game assumes you can play it in an arcade or on the NES/Atari 2400/ColecoVision ect...

Got it: Mikula Selyaninovitch. When he plows the steppe, it takes the hero Volkh/Volga three day of hard gallop to catch up to him; all Volga's followers cannot lift his plow from the furrow. When the giant Sviatogor tries lifting Mikula's shoulder-bag from the ground he fails and almost has a stroke, for it carries the weight of the whole world. But Mikula the Plowman can carry it.

Dean Shomshak