Converting from 3e or Earlier

Amorkca

Okay... to continue...

I'm building a character from AC who has Major Transform (Severe) from normal to Berserker...

This gives +10 STR, +1 Con, -2 Int, -2 Ego, +1 Spd, +2 End.  (33 pts) 

Plus

Automaton Power Takes no Stun (60 pts)

Plus some complications...

Does this mean the character must get 2x the Targets Body +93 Points to transform them???

Did some digging...

On 6E1 306 it explains...

When a Transform adds Character Points to a target, if the total of the accompanying Complications equals or exceeds the total points granted to the target, the Transform works normally (it doesn’t become easier). However, one- fifth of any points not compensated for by new Complications adds to the target’s BODY, point for point, to determine how difficult it is for the character to accomplish the Transform. (In short, add [[Points Added-Complications Added]/5] to the target’s BODY.) Transforms that remove existing abilities do not suffer this modifier. 

Therefore the transform I describe above would just need the regular Transform as the complications added take away from the "benefits" of the power...

Did some digging...

On 6E1 306 it explains...

When a Transform adds Character Points to a target, if the total of the accompanying Complications equals or exceeds the total points granted to the target, the Transform works normally (it doesn’t become easier). However, one- fifth of any points not compensated for by new Complications adds to the target’s BODY, point for point, to determine how difficult it is for the character to accomplish the Transform. (In short, add [[Points Added-Complications Added]/5] to the target’s BODY.) Transforms that remove existing abilities do not suffer this modifier. 

Therefore the transform I describe above would just need the regular Transform as the complications added take away from the "benefits" of the power...

In otherwords if I am going to add 100pts to my target and have 90 pts in Complications also added to the target I have to double their Body+2 in Transformation effect rolled.

So for the above transform you are right that you only have to double the targets body to add the abilities. Though Takes No Stun is a VERY VERY Powerful effect and very hard to balance against.

In otherwords if I am going to add 100pts to my target and have 90 pts in Complications also added to the target I have to double their Body+2 in Transformation effect rolled.

So for the above transform you are right that you only have to double the targets body to add the abilities. Though Takes No Stun is a VERY VERY Powerful effect and very hard to balance against.

Granted, however this is just re-creating a character from Adventurer's Club into 6e.  How the villain would progress from there would be fascinating...

But you would have to divide all their defences by three

Why for?? I'm not all that familiar with automaton rules...

their existing defences are PD 2/ ED 3...

Granted, however this is just re-creating a character from Adventurer's Club into 6e.  How the villain would progress from there would be fascinating...

Why for?? I'm not all that familiar with automaton rules...

their existing defences are PD 2/ ED 3...

6E1 293

CC 89