Champion Resources?

gfrobbin84

Hey I'm thinking about running a Champions game but have limited prep time each week so was wondering if there are any adventure modules and/or NPC codexes or bestiaries out there. Also I'm interested in fan sites and what not where people blog about their games and champions in general, as most of the ones I have found seem to be down for the count.

There are 3 volumes of Champions Villains available on PDF.

Champions Powers is also helpful. Champions 6e includes both Heroes and Villains (the stand alone genre book, not Champions Complete).

There are a number of adventures available in the Herogames.com Store. Those include Villains and other NPCs.

Other Timesavers include Hero Designer (and the many character packs available)

Were you looking for free compendia, or are you up for spending on some of the published sources?

Looking for both actually as i love reading fansites and what not but seems most of them are non longer maintained if not completely down.

There are 3 volumes of Champions Villains available on PDF.

Champions Powers is also helpful. Champions 6e includes both Heroes and Villains (the stand alone genre book, not Champions Complete).

There are a number of adventures available in the Herogames.com Store. Those include Villains and other NPCs.

Other Timesavers include Hero Designer (and the many character packs available)

Thank you I had seen the NPC files but not the adventures, kinda wish they had a better way of sorting through the  store.

Do you read a lot of comic books?  If you do try digging into some story lines from old editions that match the campaign you are going to run and then turn the story a bit sideways.  Use different villains (Champions Villains is excellent for this) but the same basic plot. 

I always run my Champions games centered around the city where the players and I live.  Then I can use the local events and news as backdrops.

For instance:

• Every year the fishing opener is a big deal and the local politicians and media often go to the Gov. open fishing event.  That became the site of an adventure.  The players had fun dealing with the fact they were in boats trying to fight things that could fly and most of them can't.
  • Every year there is a big winter celebration here (go figure as we live in the Twin Cities MN) and there is a large gala/ball many of those nights.  I borrowed the Die Hard plot, with super villains.
  • We (family) had gone to the local museum to check out a Pirate exhibit and on display was a chest of gold coins (size of a small coffee table and mid-waste).  That became an adventure.
  • A different gaming group was in a location where the national DNC leadership was meeting and they were 'kidnapped' by Viper.  I know for a fact that players still talk about that adventure (+25 years later)

The best way for the above approach to work is to read the local paper every day.  Read it from front to back because you may find something interesting that you can use.

I like looking for sources outside of the super hero genre for story ideas.  I especially like sci-fi short stories.  They have a lot of ideas that can be used in a super hero campaign and is unlikely to have been read by most of the players I am likely to run a game for.

There were a number of short Champions adventures published in Hero Games' electronic magazine, Digital Hero (for Fifth Edition).

VIPER'S FOLDING NEST: VIPER has discovered the technology for the highly sought "teleport escape." But the technology did not come alone, and its price is perhaps too high even for VIPER... DH 1, PAGE 48

YOUR HOROSCOPE FOR: AQUARIUS : An ice-themed Champions adventure, just the perfect thing for such cold weather. DH 7, PAGE 26

INFECTIOUS ENTHUSIASM: This complete adventure even includes the heroes, and is suitable to run as a convention game for beginners to Champions. DH 9, PAGE 34

YOUR HOROSCOPE FOR: GEMINI: Super-villains on sale - buy one, get one free. Oh, wait, those villains are actually evil opposites of your heroes…DH 10, PAGE 21

UNEARTHED MECHANA: Villainous toys aren’t the only opponents in this adventure for a team of standard Champions superheroes. DH 12, PAGE 41

YOUR HOROSCOPE FOR: SCORPIO: Giant scorpions terrorize the city, but who is the all-American couple that keeps turning up along with them? DH 17, PAGE 22

FORCED EVOLUTION: A madman is threatening to turn the entire city into animal-men under his control. Can the city's Vindicators team stop him? DH 17, PAGE 28

AND THERE WAS BLOOD EVERYWHERE!: A giant blur on the satellite photo of Africa leads to unthinkable horrors for your Champions team. DH 24, PAGE 12

TSUNAMI: This Champions adventure sets your heroes against a group of villains planning to destroy the city in a gigantic wave. DH 27, PAGE 30

PROJECT: PREDATOR : Amnesiac mutants try to escape their captors and remain free in this mutants-on-the-run convention game. DH 29, PAGE 23

MURDER ON MONSTER ISLAND : Giant monsters of the world have been shipped off to Monster Island, under the supervision of Bureau 17. DH 32, PAGE 31

THROUGH A MIRROR DARKLY: The real Champions have been replaced by their evil counterparts. Your team of heroes is sent to the rescue. DH 38, PAGE 28

WAR OF THE WORLDS: CHAMPIONS : It’s 1902, and the Martians have invaded. Your steampunk superheroes are the last hope of humanity! DH 39, PAGE 34

CHAINS OF DOOM: Nazi gold, alchemy, legendary dwarves, occult schoolgirls, the mafia... What more could a Champions adventure need? DH 40, PAGE 20