Sign in to follow this  
Logan.1179

Fear the HFFL!

How does one play ?

How does one select players ?

New players are required to pay us veteran players $50 each as entrance fee.  Also, during your first year you are required to pick as many players as possible from the really bad and embarrassing NFL teams like, say, the Vikings.

How does one play ?

How does one select players ?

Extreme nutshell version: Shortly before the season starts, we all draft real NFL players for our fantasy teams--obviously each player can be on only one team.  We draft approximately twice as many players as we really need.  During the regular season, each week we pick which of our players will play on our teams that week (using a web interface that looks a little like a spreadsheet).  Each player scores fantasy points based on yardage and touchdowns, and hopefully your fantasy team's total will be higher than the total from the opposing fantasy team's total that week.  It is possible to add, drop, or trade players on a limited basis during the season.

It's really astonishing how hard it is to find a good beginner tutorial for fantasy sports after twenty years.  Here's an ESPN-specific one that's not bad, dude is kind of annoying though: http://games-ak.espn.go.com/s/ff101/ff101.htm

ESPN also has mock drafts for people who need practice (like myself) at http://games.espn.com/ffl/mockdraftlobby ; just click on one of the non-auction drafts in the list and away you go.

I'm in. Are we using the same league?

No, I needed to create a new league. I need to send invites, so if all interested could pm me their preferred email addresses we can move faster.

Join us, Tribble, and see why Gridiron Football is better than your Association Football ;)