Sign in to follow this  
Balabanto

2017 Gaming Conventions

It's time to start preparing for 2017, and that means finding out where people would like to see me show up, and what I should be doing.

Currently, I'm scheduled to do Orcacon (To visit friends and reward Spence for making me minis) and Gencon.

I could do between two and four more, depending on what time of year they are and what weekends they're on. Big holiday weekends are a gigantic minus. I know for most people they're a huge plus, but for me, they hurt my wallet a lot. 

However I do take suggestions, and have optimal times below. 

February 10-12 would be awesome. (Prying me out of my house on Super Bowl Sunday is really hard)

The first two weeks in March, the second week in April, the week after Mother's Day in May, the Week after Father's Day in June, and anything in the last three weekends in July. Between Memorial Day and Father's Day I can't do anything. 

I do take suggestions. Please let me know.

Wow, I guess I'm ugly and unloved. :)

It's not that. I'd ask you to come out here, but there are just no cons in Boise - which is indeed the point farthest from the center of everything HERO.

I might challenge that theory...

I'm in Alberta...

Do you have even one decent-sized gaming con, within 100 miles of you? If you do then I'm still the farthest out. I believe that the nearest cons to Boise are in Portland, OR; SLC, UT; or maybe the Bay area in CA.

So, Chupacabracon has opened back up, and that means I will be going there from May 12-14 for three wonderful days in Austin, Texas, largely populated by panels, games, and barbeque. Please come to this one, it's really awesome, and I get to run games right next to the prize support! (Thank god.)

All right. I am now locked in to Ghengis Con as well.

Currently, my schedule looks like this:

Orcacon, Jan 13-15

Ghengis Con, Feb 16-19

Chupacabracon May 12-14

Gencon, August 14-17

It's a good mix. I may do Templecon again depending on when they schedule it, unless people have vastly different ideas about what I should be doing. Something in late June/Mid July would be good since Gencon is late, or early April

So, apparently I have not one, not two, but THREE additional badges for Chupacabracon this year. As this is totally insane, if anyone is interested in going, please let me know. 

What do YOU do at the cons?(New to this website, and I do not know you, lol).

My gaming group normally runs a few large Champions events at MidSouthCon ever year. It is normally mid-March, and is in Memphis, TN. We are looking to go and play more events at other cons, meeting some nice people, and beating up the bad guys is always fun. What I am saying is, I may know a guy or two interested in going to Chupacabracon with you.

Well, I write for Hero, my latest project is Journey to the Center of the Earth, which is available here and on Amazon. I tend to run one game a day and do 1-2 panels. The rest of the time I spend selling Hero product and/or playing games, depending on whether or not I'm vending. 

A complete list of everything I've done is below in case folks have forgotten who I am.

Secret Origins (Digital Hero)

Tsunami (Digital Hero)

Chains of Doom (Digital Hero)

Secret Origins II (Digital Hero)

Foxbat for President

War of Worldcraft

Unkindness

Pretty Hate Machines

King of the Mountain

Imaginary Friends

Journey to the Center of the Earth

If you want to go to Chupacabracon, contact me at Championsguru@gmail.com  3 Free Badges is a lot of badges and no one around where I live in NJ is stepping up this year. Yes, I sign my work if you buy it. :) 

The only suggestions I can make, because they're the ones I attend ( :D ) are Cleveland Concoction (March 10 - 12) and Dragon CON (September 1 - 4), neither of which seem to fit into your preferred times. Concoction may be a little small anyway, as we only have a few hundred people attending. Then there's Dragon CON where a small city descends on downtown Atlanta every Labor Day weekend (~70,000 attendees this year). 

DragonCon is Labor Day weekend. I could do Cleveland Concoction. There are advantages to doing that show, like museums and halls of fame, if you get in a day early. 

I also promised I would do that one last year and it became a problem. I really should make an effort. Thank you for reminding me. 

In other news, Chupacabracon has only a day and half left on their Kickstarter, and they're 500 dollars away. Help us make this convention better! 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1158788560/chupacabracon-4

Orcacon Time Slots

riday, January 13

2:00pm

Saturday, January 14

9:00am

2:00pm

Sunday, January 15

9:00am

Those are my time slots for Orcacon

For Ghengis Con, below, this is what's listed

Cold Warriors of Summer: Thursday 7 PM

Friday: Lay of the Land Panel, 11 AM

Villainy Panel, 1 PM

Whatever Happened to Dr. Argon and the Mechanic? Friday 7 PM

Saturday: Revenge of the Krakenite 9 AM

The Long Game Panel at 4 PM

Mike Satran's Big Badass Beatdown at 7 PM. This is a loving tribute to Can of Whupass that is not for the easily offended. 

Sunday: 9 AM Groundswell

2 PM RPG Adventure Design Panel

And after that, dinner, lots of alcohol, and a trip back to NJ at midnight

A couple from our group (they have Hero board handles of The Monster and Dracheneisen, though it's been years since they've been on here; plus at least one other from the group who had never been on here) will be at Orcacon, but that event never works well with my work obligations so I can't attend.

Orcacon was spectacular! It was bucket-tons of fun, and all four Champions games ran!

I'll see everyone there next year!

Also, Ghengis Con is approaching, and all of my games still have space. If you're a fan of hero, please feel free to join me!