bluesguy

Soliciting opinions on next set of features to implement

Features for next release  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Combat (Attack/Defense/END/Recovery) Features

• Track the damage from a constant attack on a target
    • Transform as an attack type
    • Presence Attack
    • Damage Reduction - use the data in the combat record to set the Damage Reduction
    • Handle return rate for Drain and Aid
    • Automatically track END
    • Track End Reserve - Not sure how to do this at all
  2. 2. Character Management

• Change character name
    • Copy character
    • Delete character
  3. 3. Attack Dialog Changes

• When PC the Attack Dialog should open 2nd tab not 1st tab
    • Critical Hits (see Hero System 6th Edition Vol II. Pg 118; optional preference)
    • Fumbles (see Hero System 6th Edition Vol II. Pg 118; optional preference)

Based on feedback the next release will have:

• Damage Reduction - use the data in the combat record to set the Damage Reduction
  • Copy character (might also include delete and rename as well)
  • When PC the Attack Dialog should open 2nd tab not 1st tab

This one presents an interesting UI issue in that the 1st tab is where the selection of attack type or option for AoE/Multiple attacks against multiple targets is made.  This is needed when selecting opponents on the 2nd tab.  Damage is handled differently for AoE vs. Multiple attacks vs multiple targets (i.e. Sweep).  For AoE one damage roll is made and the damage is applied to all who are impacted by the AoE.  In the case of multiple attacks vs. multiple targets (i.e. Sweep) the damage is rolled for each individual target that is hit.

• Bug fixes will also be part of the release

I would love it if it would allow me to track my own PCs stats: END, STUN, and BODY without having to load "dummy" characters in.  I think fixing the "GM Attack" interface would go a long way to doing this (there are topics on this subforum about it--if you want me to go into details, PM me).  I have a spreadsheet to help with this, but it's cumbersome to use.

Yes the GM Attack has a defect which I have tried to resolve for a long time.  I have yet to be able to reproduce the problem while running the application in the debugger to figure out what the problem actually is.  As a developer it frustrates me to no end.

An application a player could use to track their character is something I have been considering.  I will post something to solicit feedback on that.

Yes the GM Attack has a defect which I have tried to resolve for a long time.  I have yet to be able to reproduce the problem while running the application in the debugger to figure out what the problem actually is.  As a developer it frustrates me to no end.

An application a player could use to track their character is something I have been considering.  I will post something to solicit feedback on that.

I am not a wealthy man, but I think I could throw in a few bucks for such a thing.  :)

I can say that Damage Reduction is done.  I am going to have to use in some game play to see if I like the implementation or if I want to change it some more.

Next up is copying characters, which is going to get rename along the way.

Current status:

• Damage Reduction - use the data in the combat record to set the Damage Reduction : Implemented, Minimal testing has been completed, ready for release
  • Character Management - Rename, Copy, and Delete (all three) : Implemented, Minimal testing has been completed, ready for release

I am going to look into some of the bugs I have documented to see what other fixes I can get done before Dec. 2016 so I can have a release before the holiday.

I am going to start a separate thread on why I won't be implementing this feature "When PC the Attack Dialog should open 2nd tab not 1st tab".  The simple answer is that the workflow would become much more complicated for the user (IMO).

Hi,

This thread is unofficially closed.  I have opened a new thread for new features which you can find here.  Thank you for prompting me to create the new thread, I have been really lazy lately :winkgrin: