Doc Democracy

Resourcing Hero games on Roll20

what about going super Low tech, and just putting a graphjic of a speed chart line and an extra set of tokens on it? i know the real estate is kind of limited, but some sort of a floater might work, or something in the side bar?

It all depends on what you want.  I am now thinking that it would work purely through the chat bar.  I could have a macro that gave me a graphic that had the information I have on the cards - it would simply mean instead of tapping on the turn tracker, I tapped on the macro, chose the right segment and then the chat bar would come up with those characters with an action on that segment, and those who would have an action on the next one...

Doc

If you don't have the chat bar on top, for example looking at macros or characters etc, it bongs when someone enters some chat.

As it happens, one of the things we are interested in is capturing a game log. As such we do a lot of chatting and meta gaming in the video links but everything in character is done in the chat bar. It keeps our eyes on it and so would work for my lot.

I reckon it should be possible for always bonging when chatting, though that could get tiresome.... :-)

I reckon it should be possible for always bonging when chatting, though that could get tiresome.... :-)

MapTool pops up a little Chat bubble icon on the map when somebody chats, rolls dice, etc. Any options like that for Roll20?

I have not seen that but it would be a great idea. Will suggest it on their forums. Would be nice for the last character to have spoken to have a speech bubble appear from it and a GM bubble near the top...

Well MapTools is not so comprehensive, being just a clickable icon to show the chat window if it is out of focus. I like your idea though.