Resourcing Hero games on Roll20

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Shigeru

Shigeru

Jidai-Geki Hero

• 245 posts

Posted 13 March 2017 - 08:54 AM

For TURN orders, I usually load up the pertinent Heroes, villains, NPCs and vehicles for my session in Hero Designer and export the Combat Record, sorted by SPD and DEX, as an HTML file. Then I open that up in a new browser tab, so I can go to and from Roll20 and my participant data. I keep a Notepad file open to manage things like Flashes, Entangles or whatnot. 

"Like a meteor, like darkness, as a flickering lamp, An illusion, like hoar-frost or a bubble, Like clouds, a flash of lightning, or a dream: So is all conditioned existence to be seen."

#22 Christopher Taylor

Christopher Taylor

Hoopty Dude

• 4,900 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 09:34 PM

If I ever manage to run another game it will probably be on this platform.  I liked Maptools but its an enormous expenditure of labor up front for the GM every time.

Author of novels Life Unworthy, Old Habits, and Snowberry's veil, available in print and ebook

Also author of Hero Games licensed products:

The Lost Castle

The Fantasy Codex

Jolrhos Bestiary
Jolrhos Bestiary Monster Pack for Hero Designer

Elenthar's Tower

The Kestrel Arts webpage: art, books, free downloads, and more

#23 Doc Democracy

Doc Democracy

Freedom Fighter

• 4,371 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 05:51 AM

Well, Roll20 does need some effort to get it properly working and it can make you feel you need to do more. However, you can do it all with a couple of very basic maps and tokens and do everything else on the fly...

"A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a sh**house wall
But before I die I'll add my regal scrawl
To show the world I'm left with sweet f*** all"
- Shane McGowan, Sea Shanty