Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Boll Weevil

CinCityCon (Cincinnati, OH Oct 1st, 2016)

Hi, Herophiles.

I just signed up for CinCityCon here in Cincinnati. This is the first year for this event, the success of which will probably decide the scale of the one in 2017. This year is expected to be small and is held in the Ramada Plaza Splash Cincinnati Resort. Next year will likely be at the Sharonville Convention Center. Admission is $10 for guests over 12. That is awesome news as I was debating whether to take my 11-yr old son.

Hopefully, this con will be successful and grow up big and strong like its cousin Lexicon. If you are in the area, drop me a message and I'd love to meet up. The con is scheduled from 10a-11p. Now wishing I had a superfly Hero Games T-shirt for representing. 

Boll Weevil

Well, CinCityCon was a great time. Being the first year, the place was pretty small but the attendance was way more than predicted. They had a couple booths, but mostly just tables. They had a really nice collection of games for checking out, some with prizes and incentives to play. They also had snacks and drinks including adult beverages. My son and I went early in the day. They had a more adult vibe after six with Cards Against Humanity and such. My boy was a little intimidated at first, not wanting to join a game or introduce ourselves to others. They had a table set up with a Shadowrun dungeon crawl play set. The guy running the game was really good getting him interested and having the patience to introduce the game play and rules while keeping it fast an fun. 

Next year, the con will be across the street at the Sharonville Convention Center, a MUCH larger venue. I will be there prepared to run a Champions game for passersby looking for adventure. Hope to see you there!!