Need a name!

GCMorris

A player has created a hillbilly gadgeteer who dies most of his work with spare parts. Sort of a redneck MacGyver. He thought about the name Junkpile but it is already a Marvel character. Any thoughts?

I asume you meant "who does most" not "who dies most". Unless you meant Dying (coloring).

If he was a german, I would call him "Trabant", after the vehicle of the same name.They were basically made from scrap-metal and plastic, But damn, you could repair them with a welding torch and in a pinch even take two damaged ones and make a functioning one plus some spare parts out of them.

While it was imported to the US somewhat, how about a similar US made car series?

Another alterantive would be the Wartburg (named after the fortress). According to my dad that cars frame could be 100% rust and it still would not fall appart.

Really? You're going to nit pick over a typographical error? Did you notice that nobody else called attention to this?

It was supposed to be a funny quip. Like Tasha did with me not to far ago.

I am not some inscecure guy that has to distract himself from his own flaws, using any real miniscule and several imagined mistake of other people.

Skip going for a descriptive name somebody else would choose for him. Work on what this guy would call himself.

How does he see himself and his creations? If he's a Southerner with a battle-suit and a sense of history how about Stonewall after the Ironclad ship named after the General.

If he sees himself as more of an action hero how about something like Capt. Science! (ALWAYS spelled with at least one exclamation point!)

A lot of gadgeteer/weird science characters just use their titles and names like Doc Savage, Prof. Haley from the Challengers of the Unknown, Adam Strange, or Dr.Doom.