Penetrating vs Damage Reduction

JohnnyAppleseed098

Question

1) Does Damage Reduction reduce the damage dealt by Penetration?

1a) Let's say that Andrew the Assassin stabs Thugbuster in the chest with a Knife. The Knife is built as a HKA Penetrating. Thugbuster has enough rPD to resist all of the damage but the penetrating damage. He also has NORMAL Physical Damage Reduction. Does he reduce the effects of the damage or does he need Resistant Damage Reduction to block out some of the damage? (Answer only if 1 is "Yes")

An overread on my part, Thanks!

1 answer to this question

I don’t currently have access to all of my books and materials, which have been packed up as I prepare for a major home renovation project, so I reserve the right to edit or change this answer at a future time. ;)

As stated in 6E1, in the “Advantages And Adders” section under Damage Reduction:  “Damage Reduction does not affect the minimum damage caused by a Penetrating attack. For example, if a character with 50% Damage Reduction is hit by an RKA 4d6, Penetrating that does 12 BODY, 36 STUN (roll of 5, 3, 2, 2), and his defenses plus Damage Reduction would reduce the BODY damage to 2 BODY, he takes 4 BODY — the minimum BODY damage the Penetrating attack can cause with that roll.”