Help finding Comic book write ups, please!

Duke Bushido

My youngest want to learn to play (superheroes, of course). They are much more familiar with comics than I am, and that gave me a bit of inspiration:

I can help my kids with character generation the same way some of my players help new players:

Consider what you want and compare it to an existing character. For example: do you want to be as sting as Spiderman? Not as strong? As strong as Captain America?

Do you want to be as fast as--

that sort of thing.

I know from past experience that many members of this board have seen write-ups of published superheroes. Does anyone know where I can find some written for 5e and before? Honestly, 4e would be ideal: I've got the most experience translating 4e backwards.

Thanks for anything you can point to!

:D

Duke

While they are for 6e these may still be useful for ideas.

http://www.herogames.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=user_activity&sid=f0bd3788634f9732a34cb218cd44793a&mid=2288&userMode=all&search_app=downloads&search_app_filters[downloads][searchInKey]=files&search_app_filters[downloads][files][sortKey]=date&search_app_filters[downloads][files][sortDir]=1

The download links for each include an html attachment so all can be viewed without needing to own a copy of Hero Designer.  I just have never had the patience to learn how to create my own website to host this small amount of stuff I create.

HM