Healing, END Usage, and STUN loss (round #2)

Surrealone

Question

I am unsure of something in your response within the previous thread on this topic ( You indicated (red emphasis added by me):

A character has to pay END for a power as soon as he uses it — it’s a prerequisite for being able to use the power, and thus for the power having any effect. So in the situation you describe, the END cost is incurred first. This results in STUN damage that immediately takes effect, Knocking Out the character before he can use the Healing (whether that Healing STUN or Healing STUN and END).

But as always, the GM’s free to change this in the interest of, among other things, dramatic sense. I can easily envision some scenes where a GM would want to let a character make the sacrifice of Knocking himself Out to get that one... last... crucial... bit of Healing effect.

For clarification and the avoidance of doubt:
If the character has to pay END for a power "as soon as he uses it" ... this means the power was actually used (else there'd be no reason to pay END) -- and the STUN healing takes effect -after- the character takes STUN damage from END use that knocked him out?

i.e. The character uses the power, takes STUN damage, is knocked out, and then the STUN healing takes place ... yes?  (Otherwise why was END paid for a power that didn't actually get used?)

1 answer to this question

My previous answer stands. If you prefer, think of it as paying the END to be able to turn the power on in the first place so it can be used, or as the first step in the overall "use of power" process. Regardless of how you want to phrase it, though, the END has to be paid, and any effects of that END usage resolved, before the power can achieve any sort of effect.