• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

#61 phydaux

phydaux

Very High Powered Superhero

• 863 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:51 PM

her civilian name might be Betsy Bechdel

Then her hero name HAS to be Besty.  And THAT is her super power, AND her catch phrase - "Besty is The BEST!!!"

18 DEX & 18 INT, a TON of skills, decent CV, Martial Arts, a few gadgets (Flash Defense Sight Group, Life Support Extended Breathing, Radio Send & Receive), a multipower with various powers & attacks (Flash, Entangle, NND, APED, AOE EB, AOE Flash, AOE Entangle, AOE NND, Swinging, Gliding, AOE Darkness "Smoke Bomb", that should do it), and finally Four Over All Levels!

In combat the Over All Levels will give her +2 to OCV & +2 to DCV, which will make her REALLY formidable.  I'd say ratchet her DCs down by 2-3 so she doesn't overshadow the other charters, because with Martial Arts and those skill levels she will NEVER get hit.  Also, the FYB powers in the multipower will give her plenty of opportunity to debuff bad guys, but let Star Girl be the one to ACTUALLY finish them off. 

After all, "Star Girl is the Star.  But Besty is the BEST!"

And +4 to any skill roll or Perception check will make her really formidable when she's out of combat.  She'll be the Velma to Star Girl's Daphne.

"General, THIS is what happens when you let rednecks play with antimatter."

#62 assault

assault

Exenor!

• 6,139 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 03:33 AM

So I went to the pub. How else do you make these kinds of decision?

It turns out that you don't see Star Girl and her best friend apart from each other.

Apparently, her superhero name is: "Shadow".

You never see Star Girl and Shadow apart. Well, until Star Girl meets Hot Boy...

Incidentally, in my more serious moments, all of these characters have more serious names. These are joke/work-in-progress names.

• mrinku likes this
The character in my avatar is Captain Atom.

#63 IndianaJoe3

IndianaJoe3

Mad Hero System Genius

• 2,838 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 05:23 PM

One of my CO characters was Biblio-Felia, the catgirl-librarian. I never transferred her to paper, but she had the, "Savage" power set (think Wolverine). Her costume was inspired by the Ertha Kitt Catwoman, with the addition of a tail and librarian-style glasses..

• assault likes this

#64 phydaux

phydaux

Very High Powered Superhero

• 863 posts

Posted 13 October 2017 - 07:47 PM

Well if you're not gonna take Besty then I'm totally stealing her for myself.

• assault likes this
"General, THIS is what happens when you let rednecks play with antimatter."

#65 assault

assault

Exenor!

• 6,139 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 01:29 AM

Well if you're not gonna take Besty then I'm totally stealing her for myself.

Do that!

If I ever get to inspire anyone, it's a win. Doubly so if I'm being silly at the time.

The character in my avatar is Captain Atom.

#66 mrinku

mrinku

Cosmically Powerful Superhero

• 921 posts

Posted 14 October 2017 - 02:57 PM

Hey, I worked out the hyper-social-media thing, so it's a win for me too! :)