• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Collie 2

Collie 2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:25 AM

Crosshair Collie here.  I got a new computer, tried to log on so I could re-download my old purchases like Hero Designer, and I could not for the life of me get the password recovery to work.  I don't know what I was doing wrong, but I now appeal to a higher power for assistance.

#2 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,406 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 11:28 AM

Working fine as far as the server is concerned -- emails are being sent immediately upon form submission.

1. Make sure that you're entering the correct information (matching an account in the system) 

2. Make sure that any spam folders that you or your ISP use are not blocking/filtering the email

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#3 Collie 2

Collie 2

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 02:20 PM

Evidently, I have forgotten *something* in relation to my previous account.  I'm sure it's working properly, but I can't make it work. 

#4 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,406 posts

Posted 12 October 2016 - 06:03 PM

You'd need to still have access to the email account on record.  If you've forgotten your password and no longer have access to the email address registered to the account, then you're going to need to create (or stick with) a new one.

If you still have access to the email address registered to the account, then the only thing I have is to repeat what I said above: check through your (or your ISP's) spam filters.

• MagePro likes this

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#5 CrosshairCollie

CrosshairCollie

You must be joking.

• 22,443 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:35 PM

I'm an idiot.

Thanks, Simon, I appreciate the help.

• Simon likes this

#6 L. Marcus

L. Marcus

. . . Oh, wait . . .

• 50,335 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 02:45 PM

Yay, CC! Nice to see your avatar again.
"Things would be much better if more things were on fire." -- lemming

"I may not be consistent, but I'm happily schizoid." -- "V"

"Trouble expands to fill the space available." -- Markdoc

Do you know what becomes of dead dreams?

#7 MagePro

MagePro

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 09:16 PM

In the case of forgotten info and starting a new account, does this mean that all the purchase history and ability to download your files of stuff you've purchased, is not possible to match up with the new account?  I am not sure how this particular database system tracks and if it's possible to associate one account with another, but it seems like a pretty standard SQL script for most.  I've done something like that for Exchange and MS SQL servers.

I've seen that function for boards before.  It could be too intertwined to be an included feature and may require the folks who designed the guts to write a new script or two.  That tends to run a pretty penny.  

In this case, I am very glad CC got things rolling again.  Yay!  Also, thanks again Dan for nudging the solution forward. Some of us 'older' peeps need a memory kick-start every now and then.

:hail: I come but to serve.

#8 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,406 posts

Posted 17 March 2017 - 06:27 AM

If you don't know your password and do not have access to the email address on record for the account, then you will need to create a new account and will lose all purchase history and ability to access the prior account.

Personal responsibility does factor in at some point.

• Hugh Neilson likes this