player seeking PBEM game

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

#1 jdounis

jdounis

Skilled Normal

• 70 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 07:23 AM

Hello, i am seeking for a PBEM game as a player, i prefer fantasy and i am well versed in HERO 6th edition.

Thank you in advance for your time!  :bounce:

#2 Alder

Alder

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 October 2016 - 05:15 PM

I'm looking for some players to start a 5th Ed Champions campaign.  This will be somewhat in the spirit of Heroes TV show--present day, suddenly a small number of people develop mysterious powers.  They don't wear costumes or pick superhero-y names (your character can do that if you want, but expect people to keep asking, "Do you think you're in a comic book?  :bounce: ).  Rather than having powers of all sorts randomly, I want all the powers to be of a "psychic" special effect, and to thave that kind of feel.  Initially more toned down than flashy four-color comic powers.  I'll be doing mostly PBEM, might do some combats on Roll20.  If you're interested, drop me a line.

#3 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,541 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 12:33 PM

Hello, i am seeking for a PBEM game as a player, i prefer fantasy and i am well versed in HERO 6th edition.

Thank you in advance for your time!  :bounce:

What kind of game are you looking for? Heroic? Dark and gritty? Save the world? Any particular setting in mind?
My country, the United States of America, died on June 28th, 2012 at 10:15 a.m. R.I.P.

#4 steph

steph

High Powered Superhero

• 531 posts

Posted 02 November 2016 - 03:48 PM

hey jdoudis i can be really interested by a PBEM. Never play like that i will need a little briefing. I use 6 edition and prefer fantasy in general

Steppe

#5 cBiscuit

cBiscuit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2016 - 08:37 PM

I am interested in a PBEM game. I normally play 5th edition, and have not played fantasy or dark types of campaigns, they are mostly champions hero/superhero campaigns.

If you find a group, please let me know, and I will do the same for you.

#6 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,541 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 07:33 AM

So it looks like we'll be getting a sixth edition fantasy PBEM game together so if you're interested. In such a game give a shout here so we can start working on details.
My country, the United States of America, died on June 28th, 2012 at 10:15 a.m. R.I.P.

#7 steph

steph

High Powered Superhero

• 531 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:06 AM

Hey !!

#8 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,541 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 08:43 AM

Well that's two so far.

#9 MrKinister

MrKinister

• 92 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 09:53 AM

I have seen this in so many places. Everybody jumps on the bandwagon, but no one wants to run. =D

#10 steph

steph

High Powered Superhero

• 531 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 04:42 PM

Hey guys .... If someone want to communicate with me  hume2000@hotmail.com and explain to me how a PBEM game work, I can propose something. I have my homemade fantasy world. 

Steph

#11 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,541 posts

Posted 17 November 2016 - 10:52 PM

I have seen this in so many places. Everybody jumps on the bandwagon, but no one wants to run. =D

I'm the one offering to run the game.

#12 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 42,036 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 03:05 AM

My interest is piqued. Details?
...and that's when the destruction began.

#13 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,541 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:28 AM

Limited details so far. The game will be sixth edition fantasy and more epic than gritty. We haven't discussed the setting yet but I will most likely use a home brew setting. If you have specific questions please ask away.
  • steph likes this

#14 MrKinister

MrKinister

• 92 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:03 AM

Hello Diamond Spear,

Thank you for offering to run a game. I have to admit that I feel quite surprised, but pleasantly so. I have been a practicing, card-carrying Hero System member for many years now, and I'd love to try a PBEM game if you feel you want to take another player.

Fantasy Hero is something I dearly enjoy, so this would be very welcome.

#15 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,541 posts

Posted 18 November 2016 - 11:25 AM

Looks like we have at least four interested. If I have time tonight I'll try to put a more detailed proposal together and post it.

#16 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,541 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:45 AM

So I wasn't able to get anything accomplished last night (stupid adulthood ). I will try to work on things over the weekend.
  • Maccabe likes this

#17 MrKinister

MrKinister

• 92 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 04:33 PM

Heh,

No worries. This is a good PBEM pace. It is quite slow, so no pressure. =)

#18 Old Man

Old Man

• 42,036 posts

Posted 19 November 2016 - 09:23 PM

Yeah, it'd be pretty impressive if you could plan out a campaign and setting in 24 hours.

#19 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,541 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 10:23 AM

The reason I haven't posted yet is because I've been having an argument with myself. The issue is that the game I want to run has a high probability of not being the game most of you want to play. The argument I was having with myself was if I should offer to run the type of game I think that most of you are looking for or not. I decided not because I don't want to start a game that I have a high probability of quickly losing interest in running.

The type of game I'm interested in running is in a setting where humans are the only playable race, where magic is mostly ritual with a limited number of "quick cast" spells, where fantastic beasts and humanoids exist but aren't absolutely everywhere and that focuses as much on politics and intrigue as exploring and looting.

So there we are. Just let me know if you're still interested or not. And rest assured, if what I want to run isn't what you want to play I completly understand.

#20 Old Man

Old Man

• 42,036 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:16 PM

Still interested.