jdounis

player seeking PBEM game

I'm looking for some players to start a 5th Ed Champions campaign.  This will be somewhat in the spirit of Heroes TV show--present day, suddenly a small number of people develop mysterious powers.  They don't wear costumes or pick superhero-y names (your character can do that if you want, but expect people to keep asking, "Do you think you're in a comic book?  :bounce: ).  Rather than having powers of all sorts randomly, I want all the powers to be of a "psychic" special effect, and to thave that kind of feel.  Initially more toned down than flashy four-color comic powers.  I'll be doing mostly PBEM, might do some combats on Roll20.  If you're interested, drop me a line.

Hello, i am seeking for a PBEM game as a player, i prefer fantasy and i am well versed in HERO 6th edition.

Thank you in advance for your time!  :bounce:

What kind of game are you looking for? Heroic? Dark and gritty? Save the world? Any particular setting in mind?

hey jdoudis i can be really interested by a PBEM. Never play like that i will need a little briefing. I use 6 edition and prefer fantasy in general

Steppe

I am interested in a PBEM game. I normally play 5th edition, and have not played fantasy or dark types of campaigns, they are mostly champions hero/superhero campaigns.

If you find a group, please let me know, and I will do the same for you.

Hey guys .... If someone want to communicate with me  hume2000@hotmail.com and explain to me how a PBEM game work, I can propose something. I have my homemade fantasy world. 

Steph

Hello Diamond Spear,

Thank you for offering to run a game. I have to admit that I feel quite surprised, but pleasantly so. I have been a practicing, card-carrying Hero System member for many years now, and I'd love to try a PBEM game if you feel you want to take another player.

Fantasy Hero is something I dearly enjoy, so this would be very welcome.

The reason I haven't posted yet is because I've been having an argument with myself. The issue is that the game I want to run has a high probability of not being the game most of you want to play. The argument I was having with myself was if I should offer to run the type of game I think that most of you are looking for or not. I decided not because I don't want to start a game that I have a high probability of quickly losing interest in running.

The type of game I'm interested in running is in a setting where humans are the only playable race, where magic is mostly ritual with a limited number of "quick cast" spells, where fantastic beasts and humanoids exist but aren't absolutely everywhere and that focuses as much on politics and intrigue as exploring and looting.

So there we are. Just let me know if you're still interested or not. And rest assured, if what I want to run isn't what you want to play I completly understand.

Hey Diamond Spear,

I don't think you really need to worry about a single thing for your game idea. And you certainly don't need to fret or get into conflict with yourself. I think what you might be worried about is acceptance of your creative abilities and ideas. As long as you are open, I think you will find a plethora (Three Amigos, anyone?) of players to enjoy your game.

When I first heard your description, what came to mind was a dystopian world, something a little dark and not as fantasy laden. But then as time passed, I realized your description also fits Robert E. Howard's "Conan The Barbarian" world, a place that is a low tech, but still rife with fantasy and intrigue. I thought that would a great world to adventure in.

Still, your description is very "broad brushstroke", and I think it would be great if you just presented what you want to run. The right players, with the right interests, will make themselves known. =)

Why don't you tell us more about it and don't worry about any opinions we may have or not. If we like or dislike the ideas, it's not because of you, but because of us. Don't take any approval or disapproval personally. Opinions are always fully owned by their holders, not the subjects they are opining about. =D

So, don't keep us in the dark. Perhaps I'll like your world, or perhaps not. But I won't know until you show it to us. =)