player seeking PBEM game

• Please log in to reply
108 replies to this topic

#101 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,528 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 08:19 AM

If you are interested in joining the game please PM me your email address so I can invite you to it.

My country, the United States of America, died on June 28th, 2012 at 10:15 a.m. R.I.P.

#102 Stagliano

Stagliano

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 06:58 PM

What is "PBEM". (I imagine it has something to do with online as no one has mentioned a location.)

#103 Hermit

Hermit

Resplendent Recluse

• 40,048 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 08:15 PM

Play By E-Mail

“I've looked at the world for quite a few years now and I've found that if I don't laugh, I'll probably end up crying."
- Prince Kheldar of Drasnia aka Silk

Meet the People of Campaign City

#104 MrKinister

MrKinister

• 67 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 12:50 AM

Hey Diamond Spear,

How are things going?

#105 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,528 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 05:39 PM

Hey Diamond Spear,

How are things going?

Slowly but steadily. I have sent invitations to everyone I have an email address for. Once people send me thier characters things will move more quickly.

My country, the United States of America, died on June 28th, 2012 at 10:15 a.m. R.I.P.

#106 Old Man

Old Man

Youth and skill are no match for old age and treachery.

• 40,151 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 09:04 PM

Crossposting here and to the group, the background for Dar the Oakenman:

Known to most as a common traveling woodsman, Dar's ordinary appearance belies the true power he wields.  Daraich Naidhn Chridhe actually descends from the Oakenmen, a secretive branch of the Druids who have lived, hidden, among forest villagers for centuries, their lore handed down from generation to generation.  Legends say that the Oakenmen were once Druids who, around the time of the Magewars, went too far with their sorceries and became part tree.  Dar may not be part tree, but is closely attuned to their energy, and has learned how to channel the essence of the woods into and through his body.  

Dar's easygoing manner makes it easy for him to get along with others in his travels, and he is often appreciated for his wisdom and empathy.  But this friendliness belies a certain loneliness at the back of his mind: the Oakenmen are dying out.  These have driven him out of the forests to take a more active role in the protection of innocent people and vibrant wilderness.  In times of calm, Dar uses his skills behind the scenes to heal and build.  When threats arise, Dar confronts them with axe or spear, calling upon the woods for protection and strength.  All this he does in spite of the opposition of the Druids, who distrust Oakenmen in general, let alone ones who wander out into the world, using their gifts willy-nilly.

Ultimately all Dar hopes for is to find the other Oakenmen and carve out a place where they can live in harmony with men and the wild.  This may be an impossible task.

Ways and Appearance:

As befits a man who is supposedly part oak, Dar is big and stocky, with a lush beard that varies from gold to red to brown depending on the season.  He is of indeterminate age, appearing to be anywhere from three to five decades old; the legends say that Oakenmen enjoy unusually long lifespans owing to their heritage.  Typically Dar wears the garb of an ordinary woodsman--a useful quality when operating with discretion on behalf of a third party.  As a woodsman his axe is usually close at hand, but in times of danger, he may add shield, spear, and a leather byrnie to his accoutrements.

Powers and Abilities:

Oakenmen like Dar have become closely attuned to the trees, and can channel the power of the woods into and through their own bodies.  The manner of this varies--when unhurried, it may require little more than an act of will, but often Dar must fashion a torc out of wood and verbally call upon the woods in the Elder Tongue to ease the process.  Brought up near the wilderness, his magical education was primarily oral in nature, so he may not have the fundamental understanding of all magic that a conventionally educated wizard might.

Quote:  "Sometimes we must cull the bad wood to make way for the growth of the new."

rahn02.jpg

...and that's when the destruction began.

#107 Diamond Spear

Diamond Spear

Public Squirrel

• 1,528 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

If you are planning on joinging the game and have not already done so I will wait until this Tursday, January 19th before I close the game to new players. If you have already joind the game and have not yet done so please post your character to the "Files" section of the group so I can review it. If you have already posted your character I will be sending you feedback on it today.

#108 steph

steph

High Powered Superhero

• 504 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:16 PM

i get nothing from you Diamond Spear...

Steph

#109 steph

steph

High Powered Superhero

• 504 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 07:23 PM