DCV/OCV: 8 to 10

PD/ED: 40

rPD/rED: 20 (60 Active Points)

Limits:

Martial Arts: Western Only?

Followers: How many? How Frequently?

Resources: Vehicles & Bases

Wealth: Max Starting

Contacts: President? Director of FBI? etc...

Perhaps time travel scenarios could be on the table, in one of three ways--

*Modern era PCs traveling back to the Golden Age to stop another time traveler from altering history, teaming up with their own Golden Age PCs and possibly meeting their own ancestors.

*Golden Age PCs trying to prevent time travelers from altering history--and not just Nazi or Imperial Japanese time travelers either. I'm thinking that travelers from the Cold War might go back for an assassination attempt on Stalin, or British time travelers could go back to give Britain the secret of the atom bomb, so the British could end the war almost immediately after it begins, and retain its place as the dominant power in the world.

*Golden Age PCs traveling in time themselves to stop Axis time travelers from altering history or bringing back future technology to win the war.

Hope that helps.

Maybe a little bit about the organizations involved? I mean, I know the national governments in the conflict, but what government agencies and affiliated groups are players in the campaign? Who's responsible for what? Any activity among the private factions of the setting? For example, I know the Circle of the Scarlet Moon were supposed to have assisted the RSvKg.

Starting Points;

Complications:

Archetypes:

Power Level Cap: 80 Active Points Max

Skill Level Cap: 16-

DCV/OCV: 8 to 10

PD/ED: 40

rPD/rED: 20 (60 Active Points)

Limits:

Martial Arts: Western Only?

Followers: How many? How Frequently?

Resources: Vehicles & Bases

Wealth: Max Starting

Contacts: President? Director of FBI? etc...

Sorry, I'm still missing the question here. Are you asking if these are reasonable numbers? They're higher than I use, but sure, why not? dw

Maybe a little bit about the organizations involved? I mean, I know the national governments in the conflict, but what government agencies and affiliated groups are players in the campaign? Who's responsible for what? Any activity among the private factions of the setting? For example, I know the Circle of the Scarlet Moon were supposed to have assisted the RSvKg.

Well, I didn't write much new about the existing groups- the Circle gets some mention because they're bigger then than now, but Demon takes most of the war off and Viper's still the Council of Thirty. The RSvKg gets written up as Totenkopf's support group, and Project Rainbow in the US gets a writeup (and a base.) The Defenders work directly for FDR through Harry Hopkins.

Darren, how many of the NPC heroes and villains you gave totals for earlier on the thread will be getting full character sheets and artwork, as opposed to abbreviated descriptions?

Those are the ones with character sheets. Some sections include a handful of "lesser" characters who just get a short paragraph, and the first part of Chapter 6 is a run-through of characters who have sheets in other CU titles, but there's going to be well over 60 total new complete character writeups.

Just looking for numbers. 

Also looking for Archetypes... Superhero Tropes or our versions of Unique characters?

QM

Aah, I think I get you now. (You really need more complete sentences, if you're going to go around calling yourself QuestionMan!) Golden Age is a "Low-Powered Supers" setting according to the standards set in 6e1. It doesn't use NCM. Most of the characters have 50-60 AP for their main power, but there's a wide variety there depending on their roles. 

And there's a ridiculously-complete list of archetypes and sub-archetypes. I'm not including any definitions here (buy the dang book!) but here's the complete list of archetypes discussed:

I. Bricks

Flying Bricks

Indestructible Bricks

Strange Visitors

Perfected Bricks

Exploding Bricks

Chemically Improved Bricks

Mechanically Improved Bricks

II. Energy Projectors

Elementalists

Focus Wielders

III. Mystics

Inheritors of Ancient Magic

Stage Performers

Occult Detectives

Ghosts

IV. Speedsters

Traditional Speedsters

Flyers

Swimmers

V. Weaponmasters

Archers

Anachronistic Lawmen

Vehicle Masters

VI. Mystery Men (replaces Martial Artist)

Costumed Detective

Femme Fatale

Frustrated Lawman

Great White Hunter

Mystery Man of Science

Trained Fighter

Wild Man or Woman

VII. Others

Gadgeteers

Mentalists

Metamorphs

Powered Armor

Patriots

VIII.Sidekicks

Derivative Kid

Female Counterpart

Comic Relief

Boy In Charge

Aah, I think I get you now. (You really need more complete sentences, if you're going to go around calling yourself QuestionMan!) Golden Age is a "Low-Powered Supers" setting according to the standards set in 6e1. It doesn't use NCM. Most of the characters have 50-60 AP for their main power, but there's a wide variety there depending on their roles. 

And there's a ridiculously-complete list of archetypes and sub-archetypes. I'm not including any definitions here (buy the dang book!) but here's the complete list of archetypes discussed:

I. Bricks

Flying Bricks

Indestructible Bricks

Strange Visitors

Perfected Bricks

Exploding Bricks

Chemically Improved Bricks

Mechanically Improved Bricks

II. Energy Projectors

Elementalists

Focus Wielders

III. Mystics

Inheritors of Ancient Magic

Stage Performers

Occult Detectives

Ghosts

IV. Speedsters

Traditional Speedsters

Flyers

Swimmers

V. Weaponmasters

Archers

Anachronistic Lawmen

Vehicle Masters

VI. Mystery Men (replaces Martial Artist)

Costumed Detective

Femme Fatale

Frustrated Lawman

Great White Hunter

Mystery Man of Science

Trained Fighter

Wild Man or Woman

VII. Others

Gadgeteers

Mentalists

Metamorphs

Powered Armor

Patriots

VIII.Sidekicks

Derivative Kid

Female Counterpart

Comic Relief

Boy In Charge

That's a good list! Will they be converted similarly to the Champions Gallery in Champions (something I thought was cruelly missing from Champions Complete).

Also, any indication of cost of shipping to Australia?

Finally, would you care to name the characters on the cover?

I recognize most of them from references elsewhere. The guy in yellow and green socking Hitler in the jaw is Bulletproof (who reappears in the far future in Galactic Champions).  The fella emerging from darkness on the far right is Dr. Twilight, grandfather of Dr. Ka, the mystic hero from Vibora Bay. The girl punching the giant robot is the Sea Hawk, aka Princess Mara of Atlantis (Queen Mara in modern day, as described in Hidden Lands). Dude in blue and white at bottom left is Optimus, leader of the Defenders of Justice. I'm afraid I don't recognize the energy projector at upper left.

I recognize most of them from references elsewhere. The guy in yellow and green socking Hitler in the jaw is Bulletproof (who reappears in the far future in Galactic Champions).  The fella emerging from darkness on the far right is Dr. Twilight, grandfather of Dr. Ka, the mystic hero from Vibora Bay. The girl punching the giant robot is the Sea Hawk, aka Princess Mara of Atlantis (Queen Mara in modern day, as described in Hidden Lands). Dude in blue and white at bottom left is Optimus, leader of the Defenders of Justice. I'm afraid I don't recognize the energy projector at upper left.

It's the Golden Age Meteor Man, as described way back in 5th Ed Champions Universe.

That's a good list! Will they be converted similarly to the Champions Gallery in Champions (something I thought was cruelly missing from Champions Complete).

Also, any indication of cost of shipping to Australia?

There aren't character sheets for these, just textual discussions of their tropes, typical powers and skills and whatnot. And I wouldn't presume to guess about international shipping, especially months in advance. Jason will put together the best deals he can at the time. dw

Wait a minute! Bulletproof is 800 points in Galactic Champions. That's not low-powered at all! This product is dead to me! Dead, I say!

. . . 

Or maybe it's using the mystic teachings it picked up in the forbidden monasteries of Tibet to pretend to be dead. 

Wait a minute! Bulletproof is 800 points in Galactic Champions. That's not low-powered at all! This product is dead to me! Dead, I say!

. . . 

Or maybe it's using the mystic teachings it picked up in the forbidden monasteries of Tibet to pretend to be dead. 

Bulletproof went through a lot before an encounter with a mysterious cosmic being in 1947 hurled him into the year 3000. He started out as just a tough but normal brawler wearing a protective costume of experimental materials. It wasn't until 1944 that he was accidentally exposed to an experiment by Der Totenkopf which gave him true superhuman invulnerability.

And yes, I realize you were making a joke. But you raise the issue, yer gonna get an answer whether you like it or not. :P

Yup! Eastern martial arts knowledge is pretty anachronistic, particularly in pop culture, but "super" heroes who basically had a gimmick costume and some boxing or wrestling knowledge (Wildcat, Crimebuster, Atom, Guardian) are pretty common.

I believe that the Eastrrn Art of Judo/Jujitsu should be available.to a PC. Cyclone and.Black Cat used it though it should be awfully rare! : )

Yup! Eastern martial arts knowledge is pretty anachronistic, particularly in pop culture, but "super" heroes who basically had a gimmick costume and some boxing or wrestling knowledge (Wildcat, Crimebuster, Atom, Guardian) are pretty common.

Not even a Yengtao-trained fighter from that era, like the Cobra?

Not even a Yengtao-trained fighter from that era, like the Cobra?

While there's no good in-setting reason why not, characters like that don't necessarily fit into the sub-genre.

"Trained in the Mystic East" was a valid origin type, dating back to Mandrake and the Shadow, but it might be better to restrict them to mystic/mentalist types.

Just do me a favor and don't make the germans too onesided.

I admit that even I as a german can have fun bashing Nazis I hate it when we are displayed as too stereotypical.

Thanks

(Will back this)

Most Germans at this time were good Germans, not necessary Nazi party members, but in beliefe that there problems were the fault of the other european counties and the jewish people (this, turning a blind eye to what there goverment did to them, since they were the other). Fortunately there were bad Germans who helped jews and were against there government, but had to do so in secret, or leave and disown there motherland.

There were no german expatriote characters except for the occasional scientist who is available for an orgin story for a superhero and get killed by german Nazi spys.

The closest I can remember of there being bad germans in comic books were The Blackhawks, and they only vaugly count, since they were all from occupied counties held by the Axis powers. One could call the personification of Germany and Persua in Hetalia as a bad Germans, but that series was created way after WW2.

I believe that the Eastrrn Art of Judo/Jujitsu should be available.to a PC. Cyclone and.Black Cat used it though it should be awfully rare! : )

Anything's *available*. It's just not common. Heck, Sherlock Holmes used "baritsu." And it's not that westerners didn't know eastern martial arts existed, we just didn't have much specific knowledge about how they worked, leading to hilariously incorrect portrayals occasionally. Ever see Jimmy Cagney's judo in Blood On The Sun? dw