Il Ragno Crime Syndicate

The Arc

So I was work on a background for a character when an idea for the bad guys in the background was a group called the Il Ragno Crime Syndicate. Other than the name, I really don't have any idea who the members might be. Il Ragno means "the Spider" in Italian. So I was thinking that there should be eight members, all of whom have super-powers...So any thoughts, and no they don't have to be spider themed, just Italian...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what Steraica means. The second link ties to the fifith story arc

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JoJo%27s_Bizarre_Adventure

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vento_Aureo

You could do something particularly Italian and have a Roman legion stereotype. This could be a soldier or a general like Caeser.

They also have some of the most fervent football fans on the planet. The national team won the world cup 4 times and were second twice and were only overtaken in 2014 as the best European side by Germany. They have also won the European championship once and come second twice.

Italian clubs have won the Champions League/European Cup on 12 occasions and were second 15 times, the Europa League/UEFA cup 9 times and came second 6 times and the Cup Winners Cup 7 times and came second 4 times.

Italians are very Catholic so you could have a religious themed villain.

Then you have the great artists like Michelangelo, Caravaggio, Titian and Canaletto.

Casanova was Italian and a Venetian so you could have a great lover.

Opera is big so some musical villainy is possible, Also Ennio Morricone is Italian.

Talking of the latter Italy has a film industry so you could have something to do with that. Spaghetti Westerns for example.

Italian cuisine and viniculture are other possibilities. Pizza is Italian. Chianti for the wine.

Something based on Dante's work The Divine Comedy. Dante published this in Italian which is why he is so important to their country

Aldready have a Catholic super-villain team so that won't do much. They're the Order of Truth and led by Cardinal Syn. Also have a super-hero names Solar Centurion and a French duplicator called Leggionaire so those won't work. Hrm... I have Welsh super-villain called Mister Right...

The background that I'm working on takes place in Southern Italy in the Calabria region. So maybe I'm not looking for specific Italian themed villains, but villains from Italian.

I was thinking about one member named Volta, named after Alessandro Volta...

There is also fashion.

Versace and Armani both Italian.

Then the actor Rudolph Valentino was Italian.

Italian actresses include Sophia Loren, Claudia Cardinale and Gina Lollobrigida all of whom were regarded as sex symbols of the 20th Century.

You could have an architect like Palladio.

A chef is another possibility.

An explorer. Marco Polo and Amerigo Vespucci were Italians.

You could look at politicians. Cato, Cicero and Gracchus for example.

Or the Medici, The Borgias are Spanish Italian.

Then again Machiavelli. And Garibaldi.

My list comes from this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Italians 

I love the idea of a Vampire mafia Don who was a legionary who was bitten during campaigns against the Dacia in what would be Transylvania. He could claim to be able to point himself out on Trajans column.

Something like Don del Morto?? That might be interesting.

Genoese mercenaries active during the middle ages notably at the battle of Crecy. They used crossbows and large shields called a Parise. I'm picturing a futuristic update a very potent bow caster like blaster with a slow reload time and a potent energy shield to cower behind while it reloads. So he can move but is more vulnerable. fire a devastating shot from a stand still or cover up and be really hard to hurt but immobile.

Have you looked into the fifth storyline of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure? They have an intresting crime syndicate called Passion which you could model Ii Rango after.

Also HunterxHunter had the villainous Phantom Troupe who were also referred to as "Spiders".  Though, they seemed to have always had 13 members  (I think they represented a 12 legged spider, plus the head).

So you could have 9 members, with the head being number 9.

Giallo serves the Don of the Dead as his personal assasion. He wears a completely yellow costume, except for black gloves (giallo means yellow in Italian). He is a skilled martial artist with the power to blend into the background (a limited invisibly power). His gloves are enchanted so that he can pull weapons out of thin air.

Giallo serves the Don of the Dead as his personal assasion. He wears a completely yellow costume, except for black gloves (giallo means yellow in Italian). He is a skilled martial artist with the power to blend into the background (a limited invisibly power). His gloves are enchanted so that he can pull weapons out of thin air.

So I like the name Giallo, so I came up with something a little different, I think, but what do you think?

post-3504-0-12544000-1477373975_thumb.png