The Unofficial Populating The Golden Age Thread

steriaca

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Blood?  Should be Professor Blood, or Professor Dread, if you don't mind my saying.  Or, if you want him to be a nobleman--which is what I'm getting from the outfit--Count Dread might be a better name.

Hope that helps.

With regards to his name, I refer you to post #24 of this thread; I only used the name that the poster himself used

for the character.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

With regards to his name, I refer you to post #24 of this thread; I only used the name that the poster himself used

for the character.

I never pictured him as being a gentleman. He is basically a vampire hunter turned psudo-vampire. And a Nazi Aryan.

And I am responsible for the name Herr Blut. I did not want to use Professor as he is not a scientist by trade, but a vampire hunter.

I never pictured him as being a gentleman. He is basically a vampire hunter turned psudo-vampire. And a Nazi Aryan.

And I am responsible for the name Herr Blut. I did not want to use Professor as he is not a scientist by trade, but a vampire hunter.

I think that I might have been trying to avoid the typical 'Aryan' stereotype when it came to Herr Blut's design; after all, not

every German -- then as now -- was blond-haired and blue-eyed.

I think that I might have been trying to avoid the typical 'Aryan' stereotype when it came to Herr Blut's design; after all, not

every German -- then as now -- was blond-haired and blue-eyed.

True. But we ARE talking about a Golden Age Comic Book Universe. "Evil" Nazi Germans ARE blond haired and blue eyes then.

Well, since you put it that way...

Presenting the (dare I say it) resurrected version of Herr Blut, in all of his Nazi-Aryan villainy:

Herr_Blut_NHF.jpg Herr_Blut_PVF.jpg

His pics show him in both his normal human form and in his psuedo-vampiric form.

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Thank you. I know it is stereotyping, but unforcently that happens all the time in the Golden Age of Comics. But also don't forget that we have anti-sterotypes all over the book also.

Just be glade I did not ask for a short yellow slant-eyed hunchback.

Here are a couple of Axis baddies from the Far East:

post-10891-0-90692000-1478389264_thumb.jpgpost-10891-0-61460400-1478389342_thumb.jpg

Jade Shogun and Lady Chrysanthenum

The Jade Shogun is a military mastermind who commands a unit of his own, while Lady Chrysanthenum is a

mistress of espionage; when the two of them work together -- which doesn't happen very often, fortunately

for the Allies -- Allied superheroes are certain to have a rough time ahead of them.

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

I'll try to see if I can do a decent build of the Blue Knight. In the mean while.

Lady Penelope "Penny" Dagoon is secretly The Blue Maiden. She was an ordinary lady once, till she was saved by the Blue Knight one night. Inspired by him, she became his occasional sidekick. But bewair, cause she learned quickly to fight like a devil.