The Unofficial Populating The Golden Age Thread

steriaca

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's three Golden Age-rs from my Team Alpha Campaign:

SAGA,The Tomorrow Man:

Created by rebel scientists in a dystopian future,his purpose is to ensure a better future for earth and mankind. 

Transported to the 20th century at the end of the Great Depression, he was raised by a WWI veteran and his wife who now owned a farm

taking the name Ethan Crieghton, he was trained in the use of his powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men.

Because he regards his life as a story that's being told he took the name SAGA,later adding "The Tomorrow Man" after discovering the computer that came with him from that time.

POWER QUEEN

Amazon from the faraway system of Medusa,she fled from the world taking with her the armor and solar sword along with the Crystal Hawk starship.

She thwarted the invasion force sent by the queen of the Gammazons from the system of Draco to help the AXIS forces conquer Earth and protected the world along with SAGA and The Raven as the CHAMPIONS OF America.

The RAVEN

Carlton James Franklin is descended from the founding father and inventor Benjamin Franklin [Yes,that guy who invented the franklin stove and other things]

Trained in the martial arts he took on the raven as his inspiration using devices that are bird themed he fights crime and corruption in Philadelphia as

the dark bird of prey, The Raven!   He usually ends his sentences with a quote from Poe's masterpiece THE RAVEN:  "Quoth the Raven,NEVERMORE!"

Cool. I probably wouldn't make Attila blond, even with the historical illiteracy aspect of the character.

I think that when I did Attila's pic, I was being influenced by some of the programs that ran on the History Channel

a few months back, when it was running shows about the Third Reich -- especially about the mysticism with regards

to the blond-haired, blue-eyed Aryan "master race".

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

Well lets start with enemies

Gorilla Goon  -Big, strong, tough, hairy he was one of the cities top mobsters chief enforcers. Then he tried out an experimental strength serum. Now bigger, stronger,

tougher, harrier, and far more agile he's taken over the mob and wants the city.

Ozarlia The Orange Terror - Having used her power crown to take over the hidden city of Lasia this orange skinned despot divides her time dealing with the resistance at home, ad using her crowns ability to shoot lighting, ice, and paraylisis to gather what she needs to conquer the surface.

Das Fencer -With devilish good looks even the half mask cant hide, acrobatic prowess, and dreamy hard to place European accent one would think he was a hero from one of Nevile Sinclairs swashbuckler pictures. However Das Fencer uses his sword, blinding beam, and array of gadgets to steal government secrets, and assinate important businessmen

The Orb- So long as this menacing figure in his Edwardian suit, long black cape, and sphere of black glass for a head  is using hid gun and darkness orbs, no ancient tome or artifact is safe.

The Saboteur - To hide the fact that he is really a prominent industrialist The Saboteur will wreck anything for a price, and his direct competition for free. Usually he only uses his acid gun, but he has an array of bombs as needed.

Doll Queen- This 3 inch mechanical genius may not be big in stature, but her mannequin walking suit and gun that shoots dolls are only two of the devices that makes her big in organized crime.

You kind of do have to say golden age captain marvel considering the messed up crud that's happened to the marvel family over the last 15 years. It always reminds me of planetary issue 7 to be in England in the summer time

https://thedinglehopper.files.wordpress.com/2016/01/planetary-i7p18.jpg

like what?calling him shazam instead of captian marvel

actually mary marvel has taken the brunt of the post iron age bull depowered whilst flying in a coma, evil, possessed and slutty, depowered again makes a deal with the devil, reinterpreted.

meanwhile billy has been forced to take over the rock of eternity turned evil depowered and then reinterpreted into a scheming no hoper street kid who starts an international incident after killing black adam and taking his remains to be buried in his home nation. opens pandora's box turns evil and opens the way for the crime syndicate to take over the earth. 

this is why we can't have nice things because someone will make it GRIMDARK.

And here's an American who was suggested as a member of the Knights of Excalibur:

post-10891-0-17106900-1478189945_thumb.jpg

The Cowboy

The revolvers in his holsters are the same kind that the Clint Eastwood character in the film The Outlaw Josey Wales

used; while I can't remember what they were called, IIRC, they were considered to be close to rifles in terms of power

and range.

Major Tom 2009