Cancer

Real-World News ripe for Pulp Hero exploitation

I see my take on this being something more in the Strange Tales/Weird Fiction pulp style. The real story has all sorts of interesting lead-ins. A base called "Treasure Hunter." A polar bear (according to Wikipedia, the polar bears on Alexandra Land are genetically distinct from other polar bears). Trichinosis. A captain going mad and having to be restrained for his journey back to the Fatherland. Google Maps shows an interesting undersea topography nearby. Wikipedia lists a peak called Kupol Lunny (Dome of the Moon) as a prime geographical feature. The Soviets set up a northern outpost there and a plane crashed in 1996 while landing on the airstrip.

There is just a lot of potential for pulp or even backstory to a Dark Champions game. I am way intrigued. Murky, unrealized story bits are floating around the ol' noggin. If I can coalesce them into something substantial, this might be a neat adventure idea.

On 11/5/2017 at 3:39 PM, Lucius said:

Cornish child finds sword in pool that legend says was the last resting place of Excalibur.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4848540/Schoolgirl-pulls-4ft-sword-Cornish-lake.html

Lucius Alexander

American finds palindromedary in tagline

"Just 'cause some watery tart lobs a scimitar at you, that's no basis for government" !