GoldenAge

So, I've had an internal debate about starting this thread since the original was destroyed years ago when the HERO forums rebooted. Finally, I decided that I will restart the TGU thread from days of old. Mostly, because I miss the conversations and insight of you all here at HERO. I received some of the best ideas and most pertinent help right here. So, call me selfish. I'm starting over. I hope that there are a few things you can find here that are amusing or interesting and that our conversations can be helpful to everyone...

Welcome to the EPIC UNIVERSE!

As some of you may know, I play a rotating set of HERO games (Superheroes, Fantasy & Star Hero). We call this triad the Epic Universe, as each campaign is set within one glorious universe.

It wasn't always that way, though. Originally, our space opera game was a stand alone game campaign based on the comic book ALIEN LEGION. We played characters in a suicide squadron, not unlike the Dirty Dozen, called NEMESIS SQUADRON.

Nemesis Squadron was a fun, episodic, hack & slash, overpowered romp throughout the Tophan Galactic Union (see Alien Legion for more details) and we loved playing the baddest of the bad space criminals. But, as things do, Nemesis Squadron came to an end after years and years of play.

Fast forward to the summer of 2012 when I restarted not only a space campaign, I built the entire Epic Universe (the Fantasy [9 Realms of Epoch] and Superhero [Epic City] games are for other forums). Since Nemesis Squadron had been so well received in the past I based my new episodic space opera on that foundation, simply calling the new game the TGU (Tophan Galactic Union). Gone was Nemesis Squadron (maybe), replaced by 3 galaxies full of as many space genre sources I could find. From Star Wars to Dune, MechWarrior to Hero’s own space races plus 40K, Halo, Firefly and much more, all could find a place in my game. Believe it or not, the crazy “anything goes” approach worked wonderfully.

So, I’m going to start off this thread with the foundation:
NEMESIS SQUADRON
Here you will find the original space game played in the ‘80’s and ‘90’s, as it was distributed to my players (complete with typos and misspellings). This game was never meant for distribution and takes from or pays homage to so many different licensed entities that I can’t even begin to list them. It was and is always intended for fun only!

NOTE: Please keep posts on this thread focused on NEMESIS or the new TGU game. Thanks!

Can I play in your campaign ... This would be fun.

Did PCs generally die during any adventure they went on?

PC's DO die. Not too often, but it tends to happen in clumps (two or three at a time). That happens when you combine things like the Force and Warp in one game. :D

In fact, tonight at 7:00 they will be tasked to ward off a Space Pirate incursion!

Unfortunately, this game isn't currently open to new players. But you're more than welcome to visit this page (and the soon to come 2 other Epic Universe threads) whenever you need inspiration or to borrow something for your own game.

• 2 weeks later...

...As the ruby-striped consular-class cruiser fills the viewport, suddenly on your ship’s viewscreen, in all his preposterous glory, is a pointyeared, male near-Human with sharp, dark eyebrows, a patch of fur on his jutting chin, and a razor-thin mustache that would be the envy of any holodrama villain. He’s wearing an open crimson shirt, strapped down at the waist by a gold sash, and he brandishes a menacing vibrorapier. His gloating smile says it all.

“Let’s not waste time, you starforsaken spawns of space slugs,” the man says. “By the authority of the Red Fury Brotherhood, you’re now Captain Reddjak’s prisoners. Cut all power to your weapons and shields, and the Blood Brother won’t blow you out of the stars.
Prepare for the pleasure of being boarded.”

post-3005-0-31326300-1480517620_thumb.jpg