Looking for any genre game in Metro Denver

Stagliano

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, welcome to Denver!

I do have a bi-weekly Hero game in Denver. (Running FH at the moment.) But we're full up. As in literally there's not enough room at the table to add add another! Sorry! The only other regular Hero home game I know of is in Ft. Collins. Hero usually has a pretty good showing at the local gaming conventions, especially GenghisCon, so I highly recommend that. I think there's a Hero game in every time slot this year, or at least close to it, tho several of them have sold out by this point...

I just checked the Genghis schedule:

• Looks like my games (Scott Field) are all full up. But it's not uncommon to have a couple of No Shows, so if you're at the con swing by at muster and see if you can walk in with a generic.
  • Ross Watson's Shadows Angelus game always sells out about 5 seconds after registration opens, so no luck there.
  • Robert Dorf has room in his Lucha Libre Hero games, which are always a total blast.
  • Mike Satran has room in a couple of his Champions games. I've never played in one of Mike's games (yet!), but he has a great rep.
  • It looks like Mike Surbrook has a seat left in one of his StrikeForce games - it doesn't get better than playing Strike Force with the guy who wrote the book!
  • I think Bill Keyes is only running Savage Worlds this time around, but his games are always awesome anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I forgot to mention: on February 11th, Gamers Giving (a local gaming-for-charity group) is holding a game day to raise money for a local gamer who has cancer and who's also facing major financial problems due to insurance company shenanigans. I'm running a Champions game, and my friend Jake Burgess is also running a Shadows Angelus game in Hero, and there are going to be a bunch of other fun games, and it's all to help a good guy who needs a hand.

It's being held at Crit Castle in Aurora from 9am to 11pm. Sign up for games here, or just show up and we'll find something for you to throw dice at.

I forgot to mention: on February 11th, Gamers Giving (a local gaming-for-charity group) is holding a game day to raise money for a local gamer who has cancer and who's also facing major financial problems due to insurance company shenanigans. I'm running a Champions game, and my friend Jake Burgess is also running a Shadows Angelus game in Hero, and there are going to be a bunch of other fun games, and it's all to help a good guy who needs a hand.

It's being held at Crit Castle in Aurora from 9am to 11pm. Sign up for games here, or just show up and we'll find something for you to throw dice at.

This is so cool!!  Good on you BDH!!

Thanks, but I can't take much of the credit - Gamers Giving is a terrific group and manages to do a lot of good while having a lot of fun. We did one a few months ago for a good friend whose 11-year old daughter has cancer, and managed to raise something like $10 grand to help them with medical bills and other expenses.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I just decided to get back into Champions. I grabbed the 6th edition, (miss my hardback 4th) and would like to find a game either in person or online. I've been out of the convention stuff for a long time too. Any thoughts or help would be great. BTW, the first Champions I had was a 1st edition from a long defunct game store on East Colfax in old downtown Aurora. No, I don't know if I still have it in a box somewhere. 

Look forward to seeing where this goes. 

I'm currently in two campaigns. One Fantasy Hero and one Champions. I host (but don't GM) the Fantasy Hero at my house. Next month I will have a larger table that will accommodate two more players. If you're interested, I'll put you in touch with the GM.

The Champions campaign is full up.

@Stagliano I think I'm primarily looking for a Champions game. But, honestly, I'm still getting back into it. It's good to know that there is a full up game out there. Thanks.

@LegionZero Enchanted Grounds is great. I shot a short film there some time back. The only problem with that is that it's clear across town. Still, I'm going to look into it. Thanks. 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...