News From High Rock Press

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,416 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:28 AM

I'm hopeful about VV4: Organizations. Champions has always had a strong spot for paramilitary criminal orgs, and untill 6ed, were extremely strong. May I ask, beyond VIPER, DEMON, IHA, and ARGENT, which other groups will be in it? I made a small list, and could only name eight groups, two of them squarely in the Dark Champions domain, one of them a legality existing branch of VIPER, and another a fractured remains of a once great criminal/terrorist organization which no longer (offically) exists.

Eather sent via Libary Computer or my cellphone. I do not own my own computer. Creator of bad spellings, and stuff both great and stuff only great inside my own mind. Warning: I may be published one day.

#22 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,416 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:00 AM

It is a shame we have to wait till 2018 for VV4

Eather sent via Libary Computer or my cellphone. I do not own my own computer. Creator of bad spellings, and stuff both great and stuff only great inside my own mind. Warning: I may be published one day.

#23 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,512 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 10:28 AM

You might have missed the "new evil organizations" part of the CV 4 announcement above. ;)

Although the current CU is actually doing pretty well on that front. Besides VIPER, DEMON, ARGENT and the IHA, we have the Circle of the Scarlet Moon (which was officially put in CV 2 as a "villain team," but I would argue is much more an "organization"); the Cult of the Red Banner (substantially detailed in Martial Enemies Vol. 2 -- and there are four other cults to the Dragon mentioned in The Mystic World); Bastion Alpha Security and ICON (both written up in Cops, Crews, And Cabals). Then there are the more regional groups, such as Canada's Hunter-Patriots (from Champions Of The North); Britain's Dark Druids (the followers of Cairngorm, from CV Vol. 3); India's Black Tiger Society, and the Pan-African Brotherhood (both described in relation to their supervillain members, in Champions Wordwide).

BTW one of those Draconic cults, Ouroboros, got a fair-sized write-up in The Ultimate Super Mage, and a fully-statted associated supervillain team in Digital Hero #4, so would be pretty easy to update.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

#24 DreadDomain

DreadDomain

Very Powerful Hero

• 267 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 02:29 PM

To my post you replied:

Probably? You make me sad.  :weep:

Well, I am backing the KS so let's call it highly probable?

#25 Susano

Susano

Esper Weapon

• 26,098 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:30 PM

To my post you replied:

Well, I am backing the KS so let's call it highly probable?

Yay!

Michael Surbrook

susano @ guisarme.net
Visit Surbrook's Stuff for all of your HERO needs.

"Provide me with ships or proper sails for the celestial atmosphere and there will be men there, too, who do not fear the appalling distance."

Johannes Kepler

#26 Deadman

Deadman

Rotting Flesh

• 266 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 10:29 AM

You might have missed the "new evil organizations" part of the CV 4 announcement above. ;)

Although the current CU is actually doing pretty well on that front. Besides VIPER, DEMON, ARGENT and the IHA, we have the Circle of the Scarlet Moon (which was officially put in CV 2 as a "villain team," but I would argue is much more an "organization"); the Cult of the Red Banner (substantially detailed in Martial Enemies Vol. 2 -- and there are four other cults to the Dragon mentioned in The Mystic World); Bastion Alpha Security and ICON (both written up in Cops, Crews, And Cabals). Then there are the more regional groups, such as Canada's Hunter-Patriots (from Champions Of The North); Britain's Dark Druids (the followers of Cairngorm, from CV Vol. 3); India's Black Tiger Society, and the Pan-African Brotherhood (both described in relation to their supervillain members, in Champions Wordwide).

BTW one of those Draconic cults, Ouroboros, got a fair-sized write-up in The Ultimate Super Mage, and a fully-statted associated supervillain team in Digital Hero #4, so would be pretty easy to update.

Where is Martial Enemies - Vol. 2?  For that matter where is Vol. 1?

"Is death the last sleep? No--it is the last and final awakening." --Sir Walter Scott

#27 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,416 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 11:01 AM

Where is Martial Enemies - Vol. 2? For that matter where is Vol. 1?

Digital phf only suppliment.

#28 Lord Liaden

Lord Liaden

Pointy-headed

• 19,512 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 12:24 PM

Where is Martial Enemies - Vol. 2?  For that matter where is Vol. 1?

Digital phf only suppliment.

Indeed. Purchasable from the Hero Games website store:

http://www.herogames...s-volume-1-pdf/

http://www.herogames...red-banner-pdf/

Vol. 1 is a nice, inexpensive little collection of thematic villains; but Vol. 2 is more comprehensive than I expected in covering the Red Banner, considering the size and price of the PDF.

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, they will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel."

- Maya Angelou

#29 Spence

Spence

Anime...the other genre

• 6,349 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 06:53 PM

Hmmmm....   why for have I not seen these before?

Hmmmmm

• Hyper-Man likes this

To Assume, To make an A$$ out of U and Me.

No I didn't deliberately make a moronic statement designed to start a flame war. I'm just BBS Challenged.

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid." ~John Wayne

#30 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Powerful Hero

• 242 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 01:54 PM

Any word on this production schedule? All traces of it no longer exist on the interwebs, from what I can find!

#31 Sketchpad

Sketchpad

Sketchpad Studio Supremor

• 4,261 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 02:27 PM

Any word on this production schedule? All traces of it no longer exist on the interwebs, from what I can find!

Brian, you may want to try at the link below...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook...09749&width=500" width="500" height="234" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

DT Butchino | Writer, Illustrator, Designer
DeviantArt|Facebook|Twitter
GM, Midnight Legion Gaming Club | Lead Designer, Sketchpad Studio

#32 steriaca

steriaca

Misspellian Master

• 4,416 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 03:21 PM

I couldn't get it to show up, but I did sign up for the newsletter, so it wasn't a waist.

#33 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Powerful Hero

• 242 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:23 PM

Brian, you may want to try at the link below...

<iframe src="https://www.facebook...09749&width=500" width="500" height="234" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>

That link and the production schedule link are both dead, hence my curiosity and slight concern about these projects. I'm ready to throw them my money, but no news!

#34 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Powerful Hero

• 242 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:25 PM

Edit: Duplicate post

#35 rjcurrie

rjcurrie

Double Millennial Master

• 3,557 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:40 PM

For those wondering about the High Rock Press schedule, I spoke to Jason Walters about it at Origins and essentially, he is currently redoing the schedule. A new version will be up when he is done.
  • Lord Liaden, GM Joe, Hyper-Man and 1 other like this

Rod "The Mad Canuck" Currie
Author of the Hero Designer user manual.
http://www.supersquadamerica.com -- My convention game web site

http://www.rodc.ca -- My freelancing web site

#36 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Powerful Hero

• 242 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 03:46 AM

Thanks for that update. I didn't think to ask you when I saw you at Origins. It didn't occur to me he would be there. I would have loved talking with him. It was good to see you though.