Cannot Heal Magically (+??)

Jkeown

In thinking about it, using Power Defense in the way others have described above would be most straightforward as its own curse attack rather than linking it to a damaging attack. If you give it a few levels of Difficult To Dispel, it could be stuck to a character for a long time. Giving it a Time Limit to wear off could cut the cost.

Throw this sort of attack at the beginning of a combat, have the target take damage and then discover they can't be healed by magic at the end of it. That's pretty nasty all by itself.

It wouldn't affect any Regeneration the target would have though, so this sort of attack wouldn't bother self-healing sorts.

In thinking about it, using Power Defense in the way others have described above would be most straightforward as its own curse attack rather than linking it to a damaging attack. If you give it a few levels of Difficult To Dispel, it could be stuck to a character for a long time. Giving it a Time Limit to wear off could cut the cost.

Throw this sort of attack at the beginning of a combat, have the target take damage and then discover they can't be healed by magic at the end of it. That's pretty nasty all by itself.

It wouldn't affect any Regeneration the target would have though, so this sort of attack wouldn't bother self-healing sorts.

nods. You would need a Suppress Regeneration for that. I don't generally include regeneration as a healing spell option in FH campaigns, but some folks do.

- E

The Hero System Grimoire has a spell intended to prevent a dead character from being resurrected.  The base of the power is Suppress Healing, 0 END, Uncontrolled.  It prevents Healing from being used on the target, even though the target isn't the one using the Healing.  Principle 6 on 6E2 266, I guess.  Don't worry about the "right way" to build something.  Come as close as you can and then declare "this is how it works."

How many Champions players does it take to change a light bulb?

That's a GM call.

Thanks for all the replies! I decided it was a bit too complex. I ended up presenting my players with these two constructs:

Vile
A Vile blade inflicts terrible wounds on creatures, golems, and objects aligned with Apeiron, the Source, the Light and the Eventuality. The BODY from each wound cannot be healed normally. It takes 2 BODY of Healing to repair 1 BODY from a Vile weapon. This is a +½ Advantage.

Inevitable
An Inevitable blade inflicts terrible wounds on creatures, golem, and objects aligned with the Maelstrom, the Void, the Shadow and or the Archons. The BODY from each wound cannot be healed normally. It takes 2 BODY of Healing to repair 1 BODY from an Inevitable weapon. This is a +½ Advantage.

Again, thanks so much!

The BODY from each wound cannot be healed normally. It takes 2 BODY of Healing to repair 1 BODY from a Vile weapon.

I just want to make sure I'm interpreting this correctly: the BODY damage can be Healed with normal Healing, it just takes twice as much, right?

Assuming I've read that right, I like it and the cost doesn't feel out of line to me.

Can an attack power purchase multiple levels of "Vile" and "Inevitable"? Would doing so require additional multipliers of Healing (ie 4 CP of Healing to Heal 1 CP of damage, etc.)?

Is there a counter modifier which Healing can take? Penetrating is countered by Impenetrable, Armor Piercing by Hardened, etc. If there is a counter modifier for Vile/Inevitable, is it a single modifer, or is there one for each, and does said modifer counter 1 level of Vile/Inevitable or all levels of said modifiers?

Can an attack power purchase multiple levels of "Vile" and "Inevitable"? Would doing so require additional multipliers of Healing (ie 4 CP of Healing to Heal 1 CP of damage, etc.)?

Is there a counter modifier which Healing can take? Penetrating is countered by Impenetrable, Armor Piercing by Hardened, etc. If there is a counter modifier for Vile/Inevitable, is it a single modifer, or is there one for each, and does said modifer counter 1 level of Vile/Inevitable or all levels of said modifiers?

So many questions! All good ones!

I never imagined more than one level of Vile/Inevitable, to be honest.

I think a +1/4 Advantage (Defenses are always cheaper, yes?) called Adaptable Healing ought to do it.