Characters wanted: Superhero Gallery + Champions Powers

Chris Goodwin

I'm looking at getting a group into Champions, and would love to have some pregenerated characters to hand out.  To that end, I'm looking for some fun concepts that you can come up with just using the Superhero Gallery (from Champions 6e) and Champions Powers.  You can optionally use the Grimoire and Equipment Guide as I have both of those.  (Heck, the Bestiary too, if you want.)  

If you really want to include writeups you can, but you can just as easily say something like "Aquatic, Water Controller, powers X, Y, and Z, Complication set Q, Skill Set M, add power ZZ from Champions Powers."  

I'll try to post some as well in the next few days.  

The last time my wife and I played Champions, she didn't want to go through the work of building a character, so she had me use the Gallery to build it with minimal inmput from her (then she went to take a nap before the game)...

The character built:

"Light" (Superhero Gallery Expanded 12)

She selected Characteristic Set was "Speed of Light"

Her selected Attack Powers were:  "Flare Bolt I" (except as a variable slot), "​Laser Blast" (except as a variable slot), and "Zone of Blinding Light" (which I later reduced the radius of to add Uncontrolled to it at her request).

Her selected Defense Power was "Light-Field I"

Her selected Movement Power was "​Light Flight I"

​Her selected Secondary Power was "​Light-Bending"

Her selected Skill Set was the "​Playboy Set"

Her selected Complications set was "Mutant Light Complications Set"

The character named herself "Flare", she was the daughter of a media mogul, lived in the penthouse suite of a hotel in millennium city, wore a different costume every time she went out, and spent most of her time invisible filming other supers fighting on her smart phone.

This is a character in my current Champions game, although we've been playing for about 10 months and they still don't have their powers...

This guy is a Green Lantern Homage named Blacklight

I used the Blaster Stats for well-rounded

With the "Power Skill" Blacklight Energy - that they will use to learn to do different things with their powers.

Blacklight Energy:  Multipower, 120-point reserve,  (120 Active Points); Requires A Roll (Skill roll; Blacklight Energy Power Skill; -1/2); all slots Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

All the following are slots that are Variable for the MP

Force Manipulation:  Telekinesis (40 STR), Alternate Combat Value (uses OMCV against DCV; +0) (60 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

Force Blast:  Blast 12d6, Alternate Combat Value (uses OMCV against DCV; +0) (60 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

Force Weapons:  Killing Attack - Ranged 4d6, Alternate Combat Value (uses OMCV against DCV; +0) (60 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

Force Barrier:  Barrier 20 PD/20 ED, 1 BODY (up to 8m long, 4m tall, and 1/2m thick), Dismissable, Non-Anchored (89 Active Points); Costs Endurance (to maintain; -1/2), Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

Force Shield:  Resistant Protection (30 PD/30 ED) (90 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -1/4), Perceivable (-1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

Force Propulsion:  Flight 40m, x32 Noncombat (60 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

Warp Flight:  Faster-Than-Light Travel (15 Light Years/hour) (44 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

Forced Support: Can Survive the Rigors of Space:  Life Support  (Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing) (19 Active Points); Conditional Power Power does not work in Common Circumstances (Power cannot exceed Egox5; -1/2), Unified Power (-1/4)

Suit:  Resistant Protection (5 PD/5 ED) (15 Active Points); OIF (-1/2)

Attached is the Hero Designer file

I also have him using a VPP but figured a new player would find that more confusing...

Blacklight (MP Variant).hdc

I have to thank you for posting this thread.  I discovered a couple of unfinished builds that I decided to finish to cure my boredom.  Here's the first, based off of the Aquatic/Underwater Denzien package taking into account the Atlantean package from Hidden Lands to again tie it back to the CU.  Sort of Aquaman/Namor lite.

Underwater Denzien.hdc

Earth/Stone utilizing the Sand/Mud stat package, Body of Sand/Mud attack power set and some stuff from Champions Powers, with a Generic skill set.  The Susceptibility uses the optional damage rules, character is hit with a 2d6 Entangle if a Heat/Fire attack does body, representing being fused into glass.  The character is essentially a stretching Brick with some different SFX. 

Stone 6.hdc