What do your Palis look like?

phydaux

I view paladins as an elite, religious class of knights, Charlemagne or Knights of the Round Table, who vow not to their liege but to their faith.  The religious orders try to bring peace and justice and truth to the world, but sometimes they have to draw that sword, and that's when the paladins ride.

But what separates them from another warrior or knight?

First you need setting info, especially metaphysics. But assuming we are talking about a something akin to a D&D paladin. I'd say build a warrior or knight that has a made an oath or pact with a power. Thus receiving the package deal that gives him whatever paladin powers you want him to have. However it should reflect the power he has bound himself to.

But what separates them from another warrior or knight?

Faith and the ability to call upon it for miraculous/supernatural assistance.  A greater power against darkness and evil than mere martial skill

Huh, Paladin shows up fine for me.  I'll redo him so you can enjoy the man who had a gun and would travel

1z6fw9e.jpg

Note: he's not holding a teeny gun.  He's enormous.

Thanks for all the great replies.  I guess i should have stipulated that I was looking for a more metagame answer.

For example, in fantasy campaigns I run, the characters are suppose to be HEROES.  That means that they deal with "nobodies" without a second thought - They brush them aside like flies as the nobodies are no real threat to them.

In game terms that means that all my melee types have some form of Deadly Blow, and a few levels of Combat Luck.  Nobodies don't have either of those, but "Bad Guys" all do.  

Now a sword plus SRT plus Deadly Blow and a few CSLs means that my melee types are swinging 3d6 HtH KAs.  That's 45 active points.  So I have my spell user players make their mage PCs with a 45 active point Magic multipower.  

I was wondering how to fit a hybrid melee & magic PC into these campaign guidelines.  I was thinking of having Palis have a 30 point multipower.  They could have slots like 6d6 simplified healing or a 2d6 RKA "Smite" Demons & Undead Only.  And for melee he could run three 10 point powers, +10 STR, 5PD/5ED Armor, and something else like 5 pip Power Defense / 5 pip Mental Defense or +10" Running "Holy Speed" or something.

Thanks for all the great replies.  I guess i should have stipulated that I was looking for a more metagame answer.

For example, in fantasy campaigns I run, the characters are suppose to be HEROES.  That means that they deal with "nobodies" without a second thought - They brush them aside like flies as the nobodies are no real threat to them.

In game terms that means that all my melee types have some form of Deadly Blow, and a few levels of Combat Luck.  Nobodies don't have either of those, but "Bad Guys" all do.  

Now a sword plus SRT plus Deadly Blow and a few CSLs means that my melee types are swinging 3d6 HtH KAs.  That's 45 active points.  So I have my spell user players make their mage PCs with a 45 active point Magic multipower.  

I was wondering how to fit a hybrid melee & magic PC into these campaign guidelines.  I was thinking of having Palis have a 30 point multipower.  They could have slots like 6d6 simplified healing or a 2d6 RKA "Smite" Demons & Undead Only.  And for melee he could run three 10 point powers, +10 STR, 5PD/5ED Armor, and something else like 5 pip Power Defense / 5 pip Mental Defense or +10" Running "Holy Speed" or something.

I don't think you want the Power DEF or Mental DEF in a Multipower.

Lucius Alexander

I want a palindromedary in this tagline

No two paladins look alike in my home brew campaign world. But they all follow the following definition--"a non clerical agent of a deity or pantheon who functions through force of arms."

So you can have two paladins who look nothing alike even though they serve the same deity. Frex two paladins serve the goddess of light in darkness, one is a traditional knight with lance, sword and horse; granted abilities to detect the Dark, defeat the Dark, heal, and dispel Dark magics-the other is a wilderness warrior (ranger) type, with archery, tracking, and wilderness survival; can turn into an owl, see in the dark, and destroy beings of the Dark. Both serve the same goddess but don't look anything alike.