Have you rolled all 6's in damage?

Tech

Rolling all 6's for damage  

10 members have voted

1. 1. You can pick multiple answers. Have you rolled all 6's for an attack doing:

• 6d6
    • 7d6
    • 8d6
    • 9d6
    • 10d6
    • 11d6
    • 12d6
    • other

Has anyone rolled all 6's for a 6d6 or above damage? I've personally rolled all 6's for 1-5d6 damage. Btw, the 5d6 damage where I rolled all 6's (30 Stun) was a NND gas attack on a hero by a villain; still fondly remember that as GM.

I know there are some house rules where a perfect 3 does maximum damage but I'm referring to simply rolling the damage dice. I've read multiple reports of how a 6-sided die is not balanced so I'm sure that's one of the reasons for personally never having rolled 10d6 and gotten all 6's. I'm wondering if perhaps a RDG program (random damage generator) might be something to buy; it'd be nice to be capable of getting maximum damage for 10d6 (for both heroes or villains).

So, answer the poll because I want to see what you've been able to roll.

As Optimus Prime would say: Roll out!

Totally unrelated, but the first time I ran DC Heroes, back when it first came out, saw the luckiest string of rolls of my career. I don't remember the dice conventions of that game, but there was some rule where, if you rolled a certain thing(doubles, maybe) you got to roll again for a higher value effect. The player had wanted to do the classic sort of Hulk vs. Superman(he was playing The Hulk, and was a huge hulk fan). Anyway, let's assume it was doubles.

Hulk hits supes, we must have been determining knockback, because after set after set of doubles, Superman has been punched into space. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player so pleased.

One of the most likable people I know to game with, who is always playing the sort of utility member that the party needs, but often won't be the most visible, but who always role plays that character, had a five year almost entirely unbroken bad luck on rolls effect. His character survived on pure good role playing. Then, one day, he jumps into the fray when the whole party is in trouble, everybody is like, no, don't, you'll die.

Three rounds of fantastic rolls later, he's standing above the powerful baddie, the only one conscious for the last two rounds. We're all like, the curse has ended, and he's like, "What curse, this is just how I role play. You guys don't understand how to build some suspense with your consistently hitting and damaging things."

The next game, his rolls returned to their previous dismal level. We began to joke that he's probably some powerful interdimensional being studying us, and we got in the habit of referring to him as 'the grey'.

Totally unrelated, but the first time I ran DC Heroes, back when it first came out, saw the luckiest string of rolls of my career. I don't remember the dice conventions of that game, but there was some rule where, if you rolled a certain thing(doubles, maybe) you got to roll again for a higher value effect. The player had wanted to do the classic sort of Hulk vs. Superman(he was playing The Hulk, and was a huge hulk fan). Anyway, let's assume it was doubles.

Hulk hits supes, we must have been determining knockback, because after set after set of doubles, Superman has been punched into space. I'm not sure I've ever seen a player so pleased.

One of the most likable people I know to game with, who is always playing the sort of utility member that the party needs, but often won't be the most visible, but who always role plays that character, had a five year almost entirely unbroken bad luck on rolls effect. His character survived on pure good role playing. Then, one day, he jumps into the fray when the whole party is in trouble, everybody is like, no, don't, you'll die.

Three rounds of fantastic rolls later, he's standing above the powerful baddie, the only one conscious for the last two rounds. We're all like, the curse has ended, and he's like, "What curse, this is just how I role play. You guys don't understand how to build some suspense with your consistently hitting and damaging things."

The next game, his rolls returned to their previous dismal level. We began to joke that he's probably some powerful interdimensional being studying us, and we got in the habit of referring to him as 'the grey'.

It is doubles in DC Heroes.  Unless you get double ones at any point, which is instant fail.

The same guy who rolled amazing on the 15D6 punch above also had a DC Heroes moment.  Somebody was showing us the game, explaining how things worked.  Roll 2D10, look at the chart, etc.  And then he makes the mistake of telling my friend that Deathstroke can beat up Batman in this game.

My friend responds with a "no way" (actually I think it was more of an 'eff you') and he grabs the dice.  "These are Batman's stats right?"  And he rolls.  Doubles.  Rolls again.  Doubles.  Rolls again... ultimately he got a total of 47 for his to-hit roll.  We look at the chart, Deathstroke is way, waaay unconscious.  We joke that Batman kicked him in the nuts.

The other guy says "that's a fluke, in any normal fight, Deathstroke wins easily".

My friend again says "no way" and rolls the dice.  Doubles.  Doubles.  Doubles.  47.  "Back for more, huh Deathstroke?"  Nut shot!

I think he grabbed those 2 D10s from some other guy who was sitting at the table.  He kept those two and went and bought the guy 2 new D10s.

It is doubles in DC Heroes.  Unless you get double ones at any point, which is instant fail.

The same guy who rolled amazing on the 15D6 punch above also had a DC Heroes moment.  Somebody was showing us the game, explaining how things worked.  Roll 2D10, look at the chart, etc.  And then he makes the mistake of telling my friend that Deathstroke can beat up Batman in this game.

My friend responds with a "no way" (actually I think it was more of an 'eff you') and he grabs the dice.  "These are Batman's stats right?"  And he rolls.  Doubles.  Rolls again.  Doubles.  Rolls again... ultimately he got a total of 47 for his to-hit roll.  We look at the chart, Deathstroke is way, waaay unconscious.  We joke that Batman kicked him in the nuts.

The other guy says "that's a fluke, in any normal fight, Deathstroke wins easily".

My friend again says "no way" and rolls the dice.  Doubles.  Doubles.  Doubles.  47.  "Back for more, huh Deathstroke?"  Nut shot!

I think he grabbed those 2 D10s from some other guy who was sitting at the table.  He kept those two and went and bought the guy 2 new D10s.

I won't lie. I would have kept the dice, too.

One of the funniest rolls ever. I was facing a Behemoth in a part of the game in which each player had to fight one by themselves.. I get up to roll my 12d6 Blast and I rolled all 6's. It was also Armour Piercing, so I one shot the thing. My GM was pissed. The calculator shows that getting that roll happens once out of every 2,176,782,336 times. What was supposed to be one of the toughest challenges for my character ended up being one of the funniest gaming sessions in my life. 

I was rolling a 3d6 HKA using 5ER. When I roll KA damage I always roll a different color Stun die at the same time. I rolled 4 6's for that attack. Thank goodness the villain I was fighting had a bunch of resistant defense.

I had a nearly similar incident, though the attack was pushed to 4d6 HKA, and one damage die was a 5.   The villain had ZERO resistant defense and 8 Body.

The other players at the table cheered.

Because the villain in question was permanently desolid with a 4d6 HKA Affects Solid World... at SPD 12.

Now, I have rolled 11 sixes, but that was part of a 30d6 Haymaker, but I don't count that. (Off topic: that was a villain's attack and I'm rather glad I missed the hero with the attack. The attack would possibly have killed the hero.)