• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#1 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 01 January 2017 - 02:07 AM

Here are the rules.  

1. Each month I will pick a system that allows me to randomly roll up a superhero or villain.
  2. Each day I will roll up one and only one character from that system and post the results, no matter what with a brief description of the resulting character.

January's System is Villains and  Vigilantes 

Solar Max

Strength: 11

Endurance: 43

Agility: 27 (29 at level 4)

Intelligence: 09 (10 at level 4)

Charisma: 32 (37 at level 4)

7 Powers

Heightened Expertise (One Weapon) +4 to hit with fists

Heightened Endurance B +17

Flame Power (Full Body) PR 3 to activate or attack, 1d12 damage, Range 54, PR 1 to fly at 81 MPH

Hi Agility A +14

Heightened Endurance A +17

Hi Charisma A +17

Physical Handicap: Heals and recovers power at 1 point per day if deprived of sunlight or sunlamps.

Weight: 160

Basic Hits: 4

Mod Hits: 61

Damage: +3

Accuracy: +5

Power: 90 (93 at level 4)

Movement: 81 (83 at level 4)

Healing Rate: 21.6

Carrying Capacity: 451 lbs

Hand to Hand Damage: 1d6

Reaction Modifier: 7 (8 at level 4)

Detect Hidden: 8%

Detect Danger: 12%

Inventing Points: .9 (3.7 at level 4)

Citizenship: American

Background: Research/Technology, Inheritance Age 11 (2.75 million dollars)

(Level advancement)

+1 Charisma and reroll

+1 Agility

+1 Inventing Attempt and reroll (failed)

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Inventing Attempt (failed)

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Intelligence

+1 Inventing Attempt and Reroll (failed)

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Agility

Maximilian “Max” Tyler's parents died tragically when he was only eleven leaving him a large fortune that mysteriously turned into a small fortune in the hands of his trustee. Foggy on just how much he had been entitled to, he chose to dedicate his inheritance and his life toward the invention of alternative energy sources, working hard to become an engineer so he could create a breakthrough. Unfortunately his obsessive aspirations far exceeded his competence in his chosen pursuit, until his most spectacular failure nearly killed him, but endowed him with great power.

Since then, he has moved from failed inventor to spectacular superhero. Although he still occasionally dabbles in attempts at inventing, he has found it more effective to be a propagandist for less ambitious and more capable developers of alternative energy in between his heroics.

Max can burst into a distinctive white flame all over his body and fly at a respectable but unimpressive speed, firing blasts of plasma. He can take an amazing amount of punishment and heals quickly provided he has access to sunlight or at least a sunlamp. His trick weakness is his dependence on sunlight to recharge his “battery”. He's quite strong, but not to a truly superhuman degree, good with his fists and relies on them when he's low on power, up against mooks, or up against a fireproof opponent. He has an overwhelming personality filled with idealistic sincerity and flamboyant display of power, and a record of spectacular successes so far in his short career that has made him widely famous. He's a superb intermediary with the media and politicians. He's also overly willing to assume the best of everyone, unobservant and a bit overconfident.  In short, he's just waiting to be suckered by a manipulator into messing up.  

Notes:  V&V requires you to drop at least one power that you roll.  I dropped Telekinesis.  As a PC he'd typically start at level 1 but I rolled for him as an NPC and got level 4.  

Is, "I'm just that awesome" really an origin?

#2 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 04:31 AM

Guardsman

Strength: 14 (17 at level 7)

Endurance: 12 (13 at level 7)

Agility: 16

Intelligence: 14 (16 at level 7)

Charisma: 13 (14 at level 7)

8 powers

Magnetic Powers Device: Strength 13, Capacity 650 lbs 1d8 damage. (4,550 lbs 2d8 damage at level 7) 14 charges, Range 13 (65 feet)

Regeneration Device: Variant: can heal others, can't be used on self while unconscious, can't heal mental damage.)

Lightning Control Device: 8 charges, 2d8, Range 7” (35 feet)

Heightened Attack: +1 damage (+7 at level 7)

Speed Bonus +40 Speed (Magnetic Flight)

Hi Defense: -4 to be hit.

Weight 190 lbs

Base Hits 4

Mod Hits 12

Damage +1

Accuracy +2

Power: 54

Movement: 42

Healing Rate: 1.2

Carrying Capacity: 375 lbs

Hand To Hand Damage: 1d6

Reaction Modifier: 1

Detect Hidden: 10%

Detect Danger: 14%

Inventing Points: 1.4

Advancement Rolls

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Strength

+1 Strength

Inventing Attempt and Reroll Success

Inventing Attempt and Reroll Success

+1 Endurance

Inventing Attempt and Reroll Failure

+1 Strength

+1 Intelligence

+1 Intelligence

Invention: Magnetically propelled flying saucer (vehicle)

Invention2: Souped up speed on vehicle.

Origin: Lost/Hidden Civilization

Knowledge Areas: Military, Agriculture

Strictly speaking the Guardsman doesn't have any powers and isn't really a superhero. He's just a physically fit human male with the equipment appropriate for a member of the royal guard of an advanced subterranean civilization. When the previous ruler was overthrown in one of many coups in their history, he was ordered by the queen to take her daughter to safety on the surface. He did exactly that, and since then has watched over her from the shadows intervening only to deal with anything he thinks might be a threat to her. As she begins to manifest the superpowers that made hers the ruling family he has been forced to do that increasingly often.

His equipment consists of a ornamental breastplate that doesn't really cover enough of his bare chest to constitute armour but does give him magnetism powers that are inexplicably increasing over time, and a pair of gloves that can shoot lightning bolts either directly or through a metal spear (with a +1 to accuracy), and a small handheld device that can incredibly accelerate the healing of injuries allowing a day's worth of healing in a second. Additionally he has created a “flying saucer” that can fly and hover almost silently that he uses for aerial surveillance.   

Notes:  This time I did not randomly roll his place of origin because the idea his devices suggested to me was "some kind of alien soldier".  The powers I dropped were "Size Change" and "Pet".  One of the problems with V&V's random generation is that it tends to be biased in favour of producing blasters.  That magnetism devices still multiply your level times the base lifting strength is weird.  

#3 Amorkca

Amorkca

Often Incompetent Normal

• 447 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:44 PM

Can you define what the difference in levels, (1 to 4) are in XP for a fellow who really only understands Hero...

#4 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 02:03 AM

Can you define what the difference in levels, (1 to 4) are in XP for a fellow who really only understands Hero...

I'm not sure I understand the question. V&V was one of the earliest superhero games and was influenced by D&D.  So characters start out at level 1.  The reason why I'm giving two values is that the first is "what the character would look like if generated as a starting character by a player".  The second is what the character would look like if randomly generated by a GM for a campaign in which the highest level player character was 1.  (At which point most of the opponents you will face will be at least somewhat more experienced than you are) In terms of game mechanics, "level" has three consequences.  One is that that characters get to "train" up the stats other than Charisma.  The second is that certain powers, increase with character level.   The third is that having a level advantage over an opponent makes them easier to hit and you harder to hit. 

• Amorkca likes this

#5 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:20 PM

Ghost Raptor

Strength: 00

Endurance: 12

Agility: 10

Intelligence: 45

Charisma: 09

4 Powers

Heightened Intelligence B +23

Mutant Power Device: Cybercontrol Helmet.  Allows Ghost Raptor to remotely access any computer with unlimited range if it is online, and a range of 45 (225 feet) if it is isolated.  With a successful Mind Control attack he can take them over, scanning the information they contain and giving them commands.  While he is doing this, his body is comatose and he is unaware of anything happening around him except for what the computer can tell him.   

Bionics 4 replacement parts

Brain Implant +14 Intelligence

Prosthetic Legs: 3 times movement speed, Natural Weaponry+2 Accuracy, +4 damage.

Targeting Eye: +4 to hit with ranged weapons.

Internal Organs: +9 hit points

Reduced Strength -7

Weight 160 Lbs

Basic Hits 4

Mod Hits: 11

Accuracy: 0

Damage: +6

Power: 67

Movement: 66

Healing: 1.2

Carrying Capacity: 96 pounds

Hand to Hand Damage: 1d3

Reaction Modifier: 0

Origin: American

Skill Areas: Social Work, Transportation

The victim of a terrible act of reckless disregard by a corporate executive Ghost Raptor was crippled in his youth but used his genius to rebuild himself.  Now he is about to become a vigilante who targets not common criminals or supervillains, but corporate and government organizations who he considers to be behaving badly.  Meanwhile in his secret ID, he acts as a counselor for other amputees and paraplegics.  He is a criminal, (or soon will be) but still reacts as "Good" to others.  His helmet enables him to mentally possess any cybernetically controlled system.  He avoids face to face combat if he can.  If he can't, he can use an energy pistol with en or fall back on his combat prosthetic limbs, great clawed digitigrade cybernetic limbs that can be swapped out for a more conventional pair when he isn't in costume.  

Notes:  Man, this one was tough.  Mutant power is "anything you can imagine" (within the bounds of what the GM will put up with).  Bionics is "anything you can imagine with a cyborg theme". These are handy enough for throwing the occasional wild card character into the mix, but if I wanted to just rely on my own own creativity I wouldn't be randomly rolling 365 characters.  Rolling two in a row didn't leave me with much to work with.  The power I dropped was Magnetic Control.  Been there, done that with just the previous character.  

#6 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:48 PM

Heartbreaker

Strength: 09 (12 at level nine)

Endurance: 07 (08 at level nine)

Agility: 14 (16 at level nine)

Intelligence: 12 (14 at level nine)

Charisma: 12 (16 at level nine)

Psionics: Sense of Tactile Perception. Can “see” within her telekinetic range through and into solid objects. Defeats darkness and invisibility. PR 1 to activate. Allows her to attack internal organs like the heart and lungs for 2d6 of damage that ignores armour

Telekinesis x 2: 600 lbs carrying capacity, 1d8 direct damage, 1d6 if her telekinetic defense is active (5950 lbs at level 9, 2d8 direct damage even if defense is active), , Range 14 (70 feet), (Range 16 at Level 9)

Willpower +21 “Strength” for the use of Telekinesis

Weight 150

Basic Hits 3

Modified Hits 3 (4 at level 9)

Accuracy: +2

Damage: +1

Power: 42

Movement: 30

Healing: .6

Carrying Capacity: 107 lbs

Hand to Hand Damage: 1d3

Detect Hidden: 10%

Detect Danger: 14%

Reaction Modifier: 1 (2 at level 9)

Origin: Middle Eastern

Areas of Knowledge: Inheritor (2,484), Communications

Advancement

+1 Agility

+1 Inventing Attempt and reroll failed

+1 Charisma and reroll

+1 Strength

+1 Strength

+1 Charisma and reroll

+1 Agility

+1 Charisma and reroll

+1 Intelligence

+1 Charisma and reroll

+1 Endurance and reroll

+1 Strength

+1 Intelligence

"Heartbreaker" isn't what she calls herself.  It's what Western Intelligence agencies call her because of her trademark assassination technique, crushing her victim's heart with a precise application of her telekinesis.  Most telekinetics can't affect things they can't see but her version of the power gives her a kind of x-ray vision so she sees it all making a terrifying assassination who will frequently kill targets from the next room.  Even when she's in the the same room it takes a danger detection roll to notice the way she's staring at a victim. She can use her telekinesis to deflect physical attacks but if an opponent can get one solid hit in on her she'll probably go down for the count.  She stands and fights only in conditions of total or near-total darkness.  Otherwise once spotted, her priority is to escape, using her telekinesis to block the path of pursuers.  If she cuts loose at level 9 though she can inflict a lot of property and human damage by tossing large objects, usually vehicles.  

Notes:  I swear, I decided that "assassin" was the only effective application for her particular power set before I randomly rolled that she was from the Middle East.  In truth if I was making her as a player character, I'd probably have replaced the Psionics ability that I chose with some kind of "telekinetic armour" ability but as an elusive NPC villain she works fine.  The things I dropped were Weather Control (very powerful but not really fitting everything else I rolled and it didn't provide a defense) and Pet (one day I'll keep Pet and have a dragon rider or something.  Not this day).  I dropped the Mute disadvantage just because I had two powers I didn't like.  That her level roll was particularly high was just a bonus

#7 Beast

Beast

Knotworking for a better tomorrow

• 2,463 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 12:28 AM

maybe doing a conversion of your random characters into Hero System along side what ever system you use

might make it more relevant to the Hero Boards
maybe using the standard(400pts) or low powered super(300 pts)

Beast Yeoman Robert"Beast" Mitchell Yeoman of the Guard RPFS Vice Admiral Sir John Perrot Royal Order of the Tudor Rose NCRF Knotworking for a better tomorrow) Brutal Harmony (have no idea where that tenor came from I sing bass) Known superpower :Bodice Lacing

#8 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 12:50 AM

Judgement

Strength: 13 (15 at level 7)

Endurance: 23 (24 at level 7)

Agility: 14 (16 at level 7)

Intelligence: 07 (08 at level 7)

Charisma: 07 (08 at level 7)

6 Powers

Force Field: Can create force barriers at up 46 range (230 feet) (48 range at level 7) PR = half of points of physical damage repelled. PR= 1 to attack for 1d6 damage (1d8 at level 7)

Power Blast: PR=1 to attack for 1d20 damage. Does not work through forcefield. Range-18 (90 feet), (Range 20 at Level 7)

Heightened Endurance B +13

Armor A: 104 points

Wings: +3 Agility, Flight at 520 (118 MPH), (704 at level 7 160 MPH)

Reduced Charisma: -7

Weight 187 lbs

Modified Hits: 11

Healing Rate: 2.4

Accuracy: +1

Damage +0

Power: 56 (62 at level 7)

Movement 40 (44 at level 7)

Carrying Capacity: 421 lbs (540 at level 7)

Hand to Hand Damage: 1d6 (1d8 at level 7)

Detect Hidden/Danger: 08/12%

Reaction: -2

Knowledge Areas: Psychology, Sports

Advancement

+1 Strength

+1 Agility

+1 Strength

+1 Charisma

+1 Inventing Attempt (failed)

+1 Agility

+1 Intelligence

+1 Endurance

Judgement was a woman of strong religious convictions who had an encounter with ever-popular glowing meteority. The glow was a symbiotic energy life form from space, but she interpreted it as an angel and the powers it gave her reflected that. She can generate blasts of energy, create walls of force that can entrap or protect, her skin has hardened to allow her to take a great deal of damage, her strength has increased to nigh-superhuman levels and she can fly at respectable speed  steering with with “angelic” wings made of glowing force field energy.  As she begins to take damage, she'll surround herself with a force field and attack at reduced damage.  

She wants to defeat evil. Unfortunately she's arrogant, judgmental, violent and a bit dim. Questioning her divine blessing, or her decisions, will set her off like a rocket.

Notes:  Villains and Vigilantes has an interesting approach to Armor.  Since it's perfectly possible to have starting PCs who reliably do over 20 points of damage per attack, or under 8, Armor is ablative.  You roll the number of points of armor remaining.  If you miss then the damage goes against hit points.    Even the weakest character contributes to whittling the protection away.  

#9 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 01:08 AM

maybe doing a conversion of your random characters into Hero System along side what ever system you use

might make it more relevant to the Hero Boards
maybe using the standard(400pts) or low powered super(300 pts)

Probably, if I can find enough time to put the work in.  But the point of this exercise is to see whether the claim that random generation produces a lot of useless (due to being either ineffective or irredeemably stupid) characters is valid.  That's the reason why I'm not discarding any characters.  I'm doing one a day so I don't burn out.  

#10 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 06 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Perfection

Strength: 13 (14 at level 2)

Endurance: 30

Agility: 26

Intelligence: 10

Charisma: 07

Heightened Strength A: +4 Strength

Hi Expertise: +4 to hit with Martial Arts weapons (including fists)

Heightened Agility A: +16 Agility

Heightened Endurance A: +15 Endurance

Willpower

Weight: 140 lbs

Basic Hits: 3

Modified Hits: 35

Healing Rate: 3

Accuracy: +4

Damage: +3

Power: 79 (80 at Level 2)

Movement: 69 (70 at Level 2

Carrying Capacity: 364.(402 at level 2)

Hand to Hand damage base: 1d6

Detect Hidden/Danger: 8/12%

Knowledge Areas: Technology x 2

Advancement

+1 Strength

“Perfection” was taken as a child and conditioned and trained to be a “perfect warrior” by the agents of a criminal mastermind after her mother, a heroine died in action. When Perfection was deemed ready she became the old criminal's inseparable companion. She has just one job, engage anyone who comes after her master and give him time to make his escape. She has no powers as such. She is “just” an expert martial artist in impossibly good shape. Because she can't deal out all that much damage bare-handed, she uses a variety of martial arts weapons.   

Notes:  Just a vanilla martial artist.  The first power I rolled was Paralysis Ray and I said "Not another zapper" dropped it and made all of my other rolls in the trained abilities section.  I also dropped Speed Bonus.  She runs fast enough just off her stats and it let me drop Reduced Agility.  Her low "charisma" reflects her lack of genuine commitment to villainy.  She's a punchclock villain who never does more than she's been ordered to and would never take a leadership role.  If she turned face on the other hand, her low charisma would reflect that she was in fact an ex-villain and not to be trusted.  

#11 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:51 AM

Godboy

Strength: 06

Endurance: 08

Agility: 08

Intelligence: 24

Charisma: 11

Psionics x 3: Reality Warping. Godboy can transform the area around him out to 720” (3600 feet) to suit his whims, creating (and temporarily destroying) walls and obstacles out of materials like stone and wood as he desires with each layout change costing him 5 power (and a extra 5 to maintain after an hour). At the same time he can make minor cosmetic changes to things like clothing and gear that don't change their functioning and populate the area with mindless and harmless mock-lifeforms, whose eyes he can see through. He can also do everything Weather Control can within the area he controls. Additionally he can create up to three actually dangerous life forms, each with random stats, Natural Weaponry, and one of Wings, Heightened Strength A, and Heightened Agility A. Creation of a combat monster also costs 5 power.

Heightened Intelligence B +14

Low Self Control

Weight: 110 lbs

Basic Hits: 3

Modified Hits: 3

Power: 46

Movement: 22

Notes:  Honestly I'm not going to bother with the rest of the stats.  This 11 year old obviously can't fight if you penetrate the labyrinths he creates.  It's just a choice of whether you punch him out or take the trouble to try to talk him down once he takes over his school in a massive temper tantrum.  He'll probably be exhausted and powerless by the time you make it to the center anyway. This is the first character out of I've "rolled" who is clearly useless as a player character although he works fine as NPC.  He's also the first character I've cheated on (by reducing his weight to fit the age I envisioned for him).  

#12 Certified

Certified

Insert witty title here

• 2,791 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 10:05 AM

Godboy

Notes:  Honestly I'm not going to bother with the rest of the stats.  This 11 year old obviously can't fight if you penetrate the labyrinths he creates.  It's just a choice of whether you punch him out or take the trouble to try to talk him down once he takes over his school in a massive temper tantrum.  He'll probably be exhausted and powerless by the time you make it to the center anyway. This is the first character out of I've "rolled" who is clearly useless as a player character although he works fine as NPC.  He's also the first character I've cheated on (by reducing his weight to fit the age I envisioned for him).  

First, this is an awesome thread and I support the efforts here. Second, I would totally play this character if the GM allowed it. Rip through the villains base, send hoards of beauties after them along with my compatriots as I lounge in the super jet... only to be knocked out and kidnapped by a henchman to be forced into the main battle.  

"A man who has attained mastery of an art reveals it in his every action."

--Samurai Maxim.

The Three Rivers Academy, a Metahumans Rising Actual Play  

Download Fractured Kingdom, a game of mysticism and conspiracy at DriveThruRPG

Help bring Metahumans Rising to life

#13 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:32 PM

Storm Raven

Strength: 14

Endurance: 15 (16 at level 2)

Intelligence: 14

Charisma: 12

8 powers

Absorption: Absorbs electrical attacks taking no damage and giving herself a Lightning Control defense until she discharges the powers with a 2d8 carrier attack added on to her hand to hand attacks.

Weather Control:

Natural Weaponry x2: +4 Accuracy, +8 Damage

Heightened Strength A: +5

Heightened Attack: +1 damage (+2 damage at level 2)

Speed Bonus: +60

Physical Handicap: Epileptic. Automatically summons thunderstorms during seizures.

Weight 150 lbs

Basic Hits 3

Modified Hits: 5

Healing: 0.9

Accuracy Modifier: -2

Damage Modifier: 0

Power: 51 (52 at level 2)

Movement: 97 (98 at level 2)

Carrying Capacity: 311

Base Hand to Hand Damage: 1d6

Reaction: 1

Storm Raven was born with both her powers and epilepsy, leading to some very strange weather in her vicinity as she was growing up. Usually her epilepsy is managed with medication but it can still be triggered by strobing lights. One thing you can say about her. She knows how make an entrance. When possible she'll create a thunderstorm in advance of stepping into view of her foes then hit herself with a lightning bolt. Many people find this unnerving. Even without the electrical boost to her attack, she punches with inhuman power, effortless shattering reinforced concrete. Despite how fast she hits and runs, however her reflexes are mediocre at best and her training nonexistent. She tends to go down with one hit at this point but will improve radically with a little experience and education.   

#14 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,228 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 06:42 AM

I like this idea Clonus. Another idea in a different thread would be to post what you rolled and then see what other people could make character.
The one random generator I have, also is sue happy if you know what I mean.
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#15 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 09 January 2017 - 02:15 PM

Nikki Blackford aka “Shortcut”.

Strength: 21

Endurance: 08 (09 at level 5)

Agility: 17 (19 at level 5)

Intelligence: 13/27 (14/28 at level 5)

Charisma: 07 (10 at level 5)

Heightened Intelligence B Item +14
Heightened Agility B: +6

Special Weapon: Sword with +4 accuracy bonus and +1d6 damage. Can create portals to any other existing universe as per Dimensional Travel with a percentage change of finding a place she'd never made a portal to of her intelligence plus 1 per point of power she spends on it and a base percentage chance of going to a place she's been before of 4 times her intelligence. Also grants -4 defense against ranged attacks only.

Heightened Strength A: +8 Strength

Heightened Expertise: Sword

Weight 100 lbs

Basic Hits: 2

Modified Hits: 7 (13 at level 5)

Healing: .4 (.6 at level 5)

Accuracy Modifier: +2 (+3 at level 5)

Damage Modifier: +4 (+5 at level 5)

Detect Danger/Hidden:: 20/24%

Carrying Capacity: 503

Base Hand to Hand Damage: 1d8

Power: 73 (77 at level 5)

Movement: 46 (49 at level 5)

Advancement

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Intelligence

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Agility

+1 Charisma and Reroll

+1 Endurance

+1 Agility

Origin: American.

Knowledge Areas: Agriculture, Scholar

Nikki Blackford was abducted by pointy-eared magical beings when still a child, grew up in their home world, and in order to find her way back from their dimension had to steal “The Guiding Star”, a diadem which enhanced her alertness, concentration and ability to navigate, and an enchanted two-handed longsword named the “The White Key”, which would let her travel between dimensions back to Earth and distorts space to deflect bullets and rays. As for her other abilities, she's phenomenally strong for her size if not quite superhuman and quite quick as well as expert in the use of the sword. She really doesn't appreciate being called “Shortcut” a reference to both her ability to use dimensional travel to travel all over the world, and her stature.   

Notes:  I should mention that I am also randomly generating the sex of these characters.  If there's a run of female characters, that just how the dice rolled rather than a deliberate decision.  

#16 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 10 January 2017 - 02:14 AM

I like this idea Clonus. Another idea in a different thread would be to post what you rolled and then see what other people could make character.
The one random generator I have, also is sue happy if you know what I mean.

Well that wouldn't work with Villains and Vigilantes.  There's too many results that you can get that amount to "Do almost whatever you want with this" and you need to come up with a coherent character concept to come up with something passable and decide what to drop.  

#17 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 01:09 AM

Seaborn

Strength: 18 (20 at level 8)

Endurance: 25 (27 at level 8)

Agility: 12 (14 at level 8)

Intelligence: 12 (13 at level 8)

Charisma: 15 (16 at level 8)

Pet: Dolphin

Hi Endurance B +17

Water Breathing B: Instantly recovers all spent power when in water. Unable to heal or rest in out of the water.  After 25 hours

Hi Strength A +11

Heightened Expertise Fist

Heightened Attack: +1 damage

Weight 160 lbs

Basic Hits 4

Modified Hits: 28 (32 at level 8)

Healing: 2.8 (3.2 at level 8)

Accuracy Modifier: +1

Damage Modifier: +1

Detect Hidden/Danger: 10/14%

Carrying Capacity: 667 lbs (856 lbs)

Base Hand to Hand Damage: 1d8
Power: 67 (74 at

Movement: 55

Reaction: 1

Advancement

+1 Agility

+1 Strength

+1 Intelligence

+1 Strength

+1 Endurance

Inventing attempt and roll again: Success.

+1 Agility

+1 Charisma

+1 Endurance

Invention: Gloves of the Electric Eel: 1d6 electric carrier attack

Seaborn is an Atlantean who is unusually tireless in the water, able to "roll with" attacks endlessly as long as he's immersed but becomes weakened after 25 hours out of the water.  He's quite strong.   Additionally he can count on the aid of his dolphin companion to move quickly across the ocean.    As his career goes on he acquires a pair of gloves that deliver electric shocks to those he punches or grabs.  

Notes:  As mentioned, the big weakness in Villains and Vigilantes random generation is that the odds of generating a brick are exceedingly low.  

#18 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:22 PM

Brainstorm

Strength: 10/-4

Endurance: 09

Intelligence: 08/39

Charisma: 08

Transformation

Heightened Intelligence B +20

Heightened Senses: Tripled Detect Hidden, can make a Detect Hidden roll to detect emotions and lies, except versus people using Willpower A to control their reactions.
Paralysis Ray, PR=7, Range 18
Heightened Intelligence A +11

Forcefield Device: 17 charges, 1d6 damage. Range 22. Uses up one charge to attack, and one charge for every 2 points of damage taken.

Reduced Strength -5

Reduced Strength -9

180 lbs

Modified Hit Points: 1

Healing: 1

Accuracy Modifier: -2

Damage Modifier: +5

Detect Hidden/Danger: 74/32

Carrying Capacity: 75 lbs

Base Hand to Hand Damage: 1d3

Power: 52

Movement: 18
Modifier: -2

Brainstorm was originally a highly unimpressive manual laborer until he became an experimental subject of Doctor Genesis. The unexpected result of a technology intended to reshape subjects into strength-boosted mindless minions was the exact opposite. He gained the power to turn into a frail, odd-looking crippled genius who could inflict epileptic seizures on others by concentrating the power of his enhanced mind on them.   

#19 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 01:47 AM

Bête Noire

Strength: 12

Endurance: 13/28 (14/29 at level 3)

Agility: 13/22 (14/23 at level 3)

Intelligence 13

Charisma 07/28/02

Transformation Item

Heightened Charisma B Item +21

Natural Weaponry: +3/+6

Willpower B +9 Agility

Heightened Endurance A +15

Heightened Senses: Dark vision

Heightened Defense

Reduced Charisma -5 (as a monster)

Lowered Self Control

110 lbs/150 lbs

Basic Hits 3/3

Modified Hits 8/30

Healing: 0.9/2.4

Accuracy Modifier: +1/+4

Damage Modifier: +1/+2

Detect Hidden/Danger: 10/14%

Carrying Capacity: 167 lbs/340 lbs

Base Hand to Hand Damage: 1d4/1d6

Power: 51/75

Movement: 38/62

Advancement:

+1 Endurance

+1 Agility

Despite being a physical fitness enthusiast, Betty was plagued by crippling social anxiety until she happened to purchase a cameo choker that the strange little man promised her would help her summon her inner power. It did, in two ways, by endowing her with confidence and charisma on the one hand, but on the other allowing her to turn into a hideous monstrosity with gigantic claws making her beauty and a beast in one package. The longer she goes without letting the beast out the more of a compulsion she feels to go on a rampage, so she does her best to find deserving victims for her fury.   

#20 Clonus

Clonus

Echo of the Past

• 3,453 posts

Posted 13 January 2017 - 11:41 PM

Repulse

Strength 11 (14 at level 10)

Endurance 07 (09 at level 10)

Agility 12 (14 at level 10)

Intelligence 34 (37 at level 10)

Charisma 10

Heightened Intelligence B: +21

Vibratory Powers Device: 12 charges, damage 2d8, Range 24, 22% chance of destroying devices on a special attack, able to pass through solid objects for ½ charge, and use vibratory defense.

Flight Device: 266 mph, 24 charges, one charge per hour

Low Self Control: Compulsion to seek revenge.

230 lbs

Basic Hits: 5

Modified Hits: 8 (15 at level 10)

Healing: 1.0

Accuracy Modifier: +1

Damage Modifier: +5

Detect Hidden/Danger: 24/28%

Carrying Capacity: 234 lbs

Basic Hand to Hand Damage: 1d4

Power: 64

Movement: 30

+1 Agility

+1 Strength

+1 Intelligence

+1 Inventing attempt and reroll Success

+1 Strength

+1 Agility

+1 Intelligence

+1 Invention attempt and reroll

+1 Intelligence

+1 Strength

+1 Endurance

+1 Endurance

Inventions: Motion detecting vibro-mine, does 2d8 damage in a 6 radius (30 feet) 1 charge

Wall penetrating camera.

Repulse is a tragic victim of Malign Hypercognition Disorder, a genius compelled to seek vengeance on anyone who ever angered him. His only power is his great intellect, but his vibration based technology enables him to pass through solid objects, generate vibratory blasts, fly, and defend himself against non electromagnetic attacks.   

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Superhero, random roll