• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,234 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 08:03 PM

Curious Tom how old the kids?
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#62 Tom

Tom

Millennial Master

• 1,410 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 09:47 AM

18 and 20.

They've played off/on (mostly based on my gaming) for years.

Any sufficiently analyzed magic is indistinguishable from science! Agatha: Girl Genius

"Only those who risk going too far can possibly find out how far they can go." - T.S. Eliot

#63 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,234 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 12:19 PM

Ok.curious cause.my kids are 13, 8 & 7. So I was going to offer some.guidelines that I use but it sounds as if you wont need them. : )
  • Tom and bluesguy like this
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#64 GhostDancer

GhostDancer

Axe Hero

• 1,178 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 10:22 AM

marco-polo-2014-5494a10f6c515.jpg

"I did not tell the half of what I saw, for I knew I would not be believed."

-- Marco Polo  I'm working on The Silk Road, a Heroic Martial Arts game starring Marco Polo (pregen) and company.     

• Nolgroth likes this

Warning--unless indicated otherwise, all comments are re: 5th ed rev.

#65 GM Joe

GM Joe

• 488 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 11:50 AM

For 2017, my gaming plans are to:

• Continue having fun running and playing RPGs
  • Be more careful about which board/card/dice games buy; most of the time we spent learning new ones would have been better spent on just playing a one-shot RPG as a palate cleanser, or playing an older tabletop game we already know we enjoy
  • Sell a few more of my classic video games and systems that I don't use (principally the Vectrex, 7800, and perhaps the TG-16) 
  • Continue buying interesting RPGs
  • Develop a fantasy campaign that will hold my interest (I haven't run a fantasy campaign in many years because I burned out on them)

I need to amend the above. Under "Continue having fun running and playing RPGs," I want to add that I've decided to run a one shot of at least one RPG released each year since 1974, starting with OD&D. I hope to have fun, and maybe learn something as I take this walk through my collection. This may be a multi-year project or it may fizzle out early. But hopefully we'll have fun!

• Nolgroth likes this

GMing since 1982.

#66 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,234 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:27 AM

I finished the kids characters and stole some premade agents. I'm going to convert some supervilains for my daughter next.
  • bluesguy likes this

#67 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,234 posts

Posted Today, 04:07 PM

Daughter and I settled on the name of our fictional city. Gem city.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gaming, Projects, Development, Play