Gaming Projects Development Play

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#81 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,802 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 05:52 AM

I've been reading Enemies for Hire and I picked a couple of villains for the game. One has a background that can be used for scenerios too. And got two miniatures for the game.
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#82 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,802 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 06:58 AM

I've converted two characters over from 5th to 6th.
The main object of the game is for the players and the GM to have fun. Champions 3rd ed. Pg 130

#83 drunkonduty

drunkonduty

Standard Hero

• 531 posts

Posted 20 April 2017 - 10:45 PM

I've been inspired by the Fantasy Hero for newbies thread and have been working on a doc. for just that. Calling it Fantasy Hero Basic.

• Nolgroth and Ninja-Bear like this

Goodness, when did I get this old?

#84 dsrtrosy

dsrtrosy

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 09:15 PM

I'm in beta testing on a Wonderland-based board game. Not sure it quite qualifies as an RPG, but players play as Wonderland characters, and the Queen of Hearts and Alice are NPCs. I've been invited to bring it to a local game con for intensive beta-testing, and my artists are in place to start on the final design elements. This is pretty exciting stuff as I've been in alpha testing for about 3 years now while I tried to raise money for art!

• Nolgroth likes this

We'll sleep when we're dead.

#85 Nolgroth

Nolgroth

Medium unnatural humanoid

• 9,606 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 08:56 AM

Board gaming is still gaming.  :thumbup:

#86 Ninja-Bear

Ninja-Bear

Millennial Master

• 3,802 posts

Posted 06 May 2017 - 04:39 PM

I'm slowly understanding 6th. It's like me now with an iPhone instead of an android, similar but trying to find where the functions are or what they are named is the challenge.

#87 Nolgroth

Nolgroth

Medium unnatural humanoid

• 9,606 posts

Posted 08 May 2017 - 09:32 AM

I kind of fizzled on Ulum. It is still near and dear to my heart, but I think I have to back up and look at the concept from a fresh angle. I have been straining to work on it and that hasn't helped with the fresh perspective thing. So I am shelving it for now.

Then last night another idea hit me. It is certainly not original and the headline would sound like a joke, but what if an evil witch, a vampire, a werewolf and a vengeful spirit made flesh, decided that they were the last hope for the world. Enter the Monstrous Hunters, a dark fantasy series of short adventures with pregenerated characters. I have the character biographies written up (which is hard for me). Now all I have to do is create the Hero and FAE character sheets for them, map out the the first adventure in terms of actual cartography, and finish making the bad guys. The Monstrous Hunters is going to start in the middle of the action and develop from there. No top-down world creation (or very little).

• Cancer likes this

#88 Nothere

Nothere

Very Powerful Hero

• 875 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 01:41 AM

None and some. I'm always doddling with ideas My villain campaign, writing up a group of villans I have in me head with nowhere to put them, and a setting I'm fleshing out with no villain in it yet. But to say I'm working on them is being generous. With the other hero game site, and me never really getting the hang of rpol, I have no where to use them. Even if I could find players interested in doing 5th.

#89 Tech

Tech

Millennial Master

• 1,598 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:51 AM

Since the campaign's been around awhile, a couple of the players have never been in (or heard of) some of the earliest Champions modules. So, having gotten permission from the older players, the GMs are redoing some modules for the younger players to go through for the 1st time:

Already done: Raid on Blackgulch (from Adventurers Club magazine)

What Rough Beast (from Adventurers Club magazine)

the Great Supervillain Contest (original & version 2.0. Might even do a ver. 3.0)

To do: The Island of Dr. Destroyer

a few others that I intend to pull out.

And continuing to occasionally create... I guess I'd call them teaser commercials... for the introductions to various game episodes. They vary generally from 30 sec to 4 min.

• GM Joe and Ninja-Bear like this

#90 Lyinggod

Lyinggod

• PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 06:19 AM

I am currently developing a Post Apocalyptic campaign Inspired mostly by the old Thundarr cartoons and a little by Palladium's Rifts RPG. The idea is that Man was experimenting with warp drive technology for space ships which damaged the time/space continuum causing random portals to open and close. A horde of monsters and invaders from thousands of these breaches overwhelmed civilization and it collapsed. Additionally, its the 5th age of Man and Elves and Dwarves have been living in the "deep places" of the world, far away from man. They too are overwhelmed by the breaches and end up seeking out the survivors of man in hopes of allies and survival. Magical energies were very low and grossly insufficient to repel the invaders.

Thousands of years later, the breaches are much less frequent. There is a new type of unstable magic that is hard to control but much more powerful or traditional magic without magic rolls that take AP/10 steps down the time chart to cast (low magic levels). Other races, stranded by closed breaches and named by the elves and dwarves for their passing similarities to long extinct races such as gnomes, have become allies of the first three races and all seek to survive in world overrun with monsters and mutants and evil wizards.

It draws inspiration from Fantasy Hero and Post Apocalyptic hero (Shattered Moon setting). The shamans have to bargin with spirits and follow through with the bargains. Magic items are few and crude. Mutants are becoming more common among all races. Why? TBD. The document I have is 270 pages but includes a lot of stuff from other genre & source books that I cribbed to give our game a quick start. I am currently going through every page, adding new stuff and rewriting "borrowed" material to make it actually original material. There is still a long way to go
  • Nolgroth and Ninja-Bear like this

The Lyinggod

"Would you trust someone called the Lyinggod?"

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Gaming, Projects, Development, Play