Hacking People?

I win!   :rockon:   There are so many ways to build a power when you reason from effect it just boils down to what is most cost effective and fits the intent.  That is some of the beauty of the Hero System.  I have never played Overwatch so I wasn't about to try to defend my position.  I just took the OP's description and rationalized from that.  I think that Doc's verbiage is spot on from what the rest of you have shared.

Peace out!

People Hacking: Mental Transformation, Alternate Combat Value (OMCV vs. DMCV: +1/4), Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Mental Defense: +0), Based On EGO (+0), Cumulative (+1/2), Invisible Power Effect (Imperceptible to Sight: +1/2), Line Of Sight (+1/2).

I appreciate the response. I just find a couple of problems with the build for my purposes. 

1) It is not meant to last long, about 1 Turn or so

2) It is more an All or Nothing effect. 

3) She must be close to activate it. 

Thanks for the Mental Transform build though!

1) It is not meant to last long, about 1 Turn or so

A turn can be a very long time.  It mostly depends on the speed of the characters.  If everyone is speed 2 or 3, a turn isn't that bad.  But if they have speeds of 6 or 7, a turn is a long time.  

All the other items can easily be simulated with limitations (all or nothing, limited range).

A turn can be a very long time.  It mostly depends on the speed of the characters.  If everyone is speed 2 or 3, a turn isn't that bad.  But if they have speeds of 6 or 7, a turn is a long time.  

All the other items can easily be simulated with limitations (all or nothing, limited range).

Umm, no.  A Turn is the same amount of time regardless of the SPDs of the characters involved in that Turn ... specifically because a Turn consists of 12 Segments each of which represents 1 second ... and 12 seconds is 12 seconds, regardless of the character SPDs involved in that 12 seconds. 

What I suspect you intended to suggest is that higher SPD characters would feel/notice the impact of something that lasts a turn ... more readily than lower SPD characters... which makes sense since higher SPD characters have more opportunities to act in the same amount of time when compared with lower SPD characters.  But the number of actions one has in 12 seconds ... does not in any way change the duration of a Turn unless a time-based power is used within that Turn to somehow allow for more or less than 12 Segments to take place within the span of 12 seconds....

I think dsatow means the time from a player perspective.  Obviously from a character perspective is that a turn is 12 seconds.  Easy.

If you are a player and you are taken out a game for, or lose the use of an ability, for a turn and SPDs are 3, then you lose out on three chances to interact.  If speeds are 6 you lose out on twice that many chances and for a longer portion of your gaming time...