Applying a Naked Autofire Advantage

JohnnyAppleseed098

Question

Firewheel has the following power

Flame Star: 6d6 Blast, 0 END (+1/2) (45 APs) Limited Power (Only Works Against Ice Beings; -1) 22 RPs.

And he wanted to apply an Autofire Naked Advantage, I am confused whether or not I would have to use the doubling advantage rule when I apply Autofire or not... So would Firewheel use...

The Stars Align: Autofire (3 Shots; +1/4) for up to 45 APs of Flame Star (11 APs) Limited Power (Only Against The Same Target/Cannot Be Used Against Multiple Targets; -1/2) 8 RPs

or 

The Stars Align: Autofire (3 Shots; +1/4) for up to 60 APs of Flame Star (15 APs) Limited Power (Only Against The Same Target/Cannot Be Used Against Multiple Targets; -1/2) 10 RPs

to apply to his Flame Star Power?

1 answer to this question

The rules for this are on APG2 44. Ordinarily I wouldn't reprint them here, but in this case I'll make an exception so I can post an additional comment. If this doesn't fully answer your question, please post a follow-up.

If a character applies a naked Autofire Advantage to an attack that has the Reduced Endurance Advantage, the following occurs:  Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) affects the base power as normal but has no effect on the Autofire’s END cost; Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) affects the base power as normal but only reduces the END cost of the Autofire to ½ END per shot. Thus, a character who expects to use a naked Autofire Advantage frequently with an attack and doesn’t want to spend a lot of END should consider paying the higher Reduced Endurance cost for Autofire attacks for the base power, even if that won’t have any additional effect when he’s not using Autofire.

Alternately you could, of course, buy Reduced Endurance directly for the naked Advantage. You'd have to pay the "doubled" cost, of course, but it would keep things simpler.