Fresh NND defense

Tech

Hi all. I recently created a water villain who's got a NND attack defined as sounding like a Whale Call. It soothes the person to sleep, hence the NND. I wanted to be creative so I gave two defenses for the NND: Life Support vs Hi Pressure and Lightsleep.

I mentioned that to my players and they were surprised but pleased with the two defenses.

I'd be interested in hearing others takes on NND defenses.

I'd imagine the main attributes that make you immune against a whale song would be something like "already in harmony with nature" and "so paranoid even whale songs don't sooth you".
To use an example: If a villain uses this against the Justice League, SUPERMAN and GREEN LANTERN might drift away. AQUAMAN and WONDER WOMAN already are peaceful with animals. And BATMAN of course is to disturbed to be tricked like that. :-)

Here's an example of an AVAD I created for a character that departs a bit from the usual. Although it technically goes against Mental Defense, it has about even odds of eventually affecting even Menton. The real key to withstanding it is either already being a knowledgeable occultist or getting outside intervention to memory wipe the offending revelations before they land one in a rubber room.

Secrets Man Was Not Meant To Know:
Major Transform 1d6 (sentient being into gibbering lunatic; heals back by lobotomy or successful Psionic Surgery [Mental Transform], AVAD (Mental Defense; +0], Area Of Effect (personal Surface — Damage Shield; +1/4), Constant (+1/2), Damage Over TIme (24 damage increments, damage occurs every Hour for 1 Day, target’s defenses only apply once, can’t be re-used on same target until all damage has accrued, can be negated by possessing KS: Arcane and Occult Lore at 13- or greater or by erasing the memory of mental contact with Psionic Surgery; +1), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Works Against EGO, Not BODY (+1/4) (35 Active Points); Limited Target (sentient beings; -1/4) Mental Contact Only (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Requires An EGO Roll (-1/2). Total cost: 13 points.