The Sentinels

PaladinAg

Having treated myself to Hero Designer (hey, I'm worth it!) over the Christmas break, I've started putting my "Sentinels" team into it.  The Sentinels are the premier UK superhero team...

First up is the "Silver Paladin" who you may have seen previously.  He is pretty much my version of Iron Man, with five different sets of armour (I've portrayed this as "Multiform" which is the way this is done in the Champions 6E source book) and a computer follower called NIKE

Comments welcome.

PaladinAg

NIKE 450.HTML

Silver Paladin 450E (Mode 1).HTML

Silver Paladin 450E (Mode 2).HTML

Silver Paladin 450E (Mode 3).HTML

Silver Paladin 450E (Mode 4).HTML

Silver Paladin Primary 450E.HTML

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As promised, next up is Storm Front.  A mutant with weather powers.

This wasn't planned as a Storm type character, but originally as a more conventional energy projector, but I tweaked her to give a difference from another character coming up later.  I originally aimed at a elemental control character, but the weather powers seemed more interesting at the time.

PaladinAg

Storm Front 450.HTML

OK.  No comments on Sentinel 2.  Here is Sentinel 3.

Valkyrie is a sword warrior of Asgard, an extra dimensional realm inhabited by immortals, sent to Earth, to help fight against the evil of WOTAN (my variety of ex-NSDAP with access to super technology and the desire for world domination).  She, or course, bears no resemblance to any of the other immortal sword wielding ladies that appear in the various Marvel and DC comics; no, none at all...

OK, maybe a little bit, and maybe Hyperman's Diana helped sort some of my thinking as well...  :winkgrin: 

PaladinAg  . 

Valkyrie 450.HTML

OK. No comments on Sentinel 2. Here is Sentinel 3.

Valkyrie is a sword warrior of Asgard, an extra dimensional realm inhabited by immortals, sent to Earth, to help fight against the evil of WOTAN (my variety of ex-NSDAP with access to super technology and the desire for world domination). She, or course, bears no resemblance to any of the other immortal sword wielding ladies that appear in the various Marvel and DC comics; no, none at all...

OK, maybe a little bit, and maybe Hyperman's Diana helped sort some of my thinking as well... :winkgrin:

PaladinAg .

Nice.

I recommend adding something to the NOTES section for the Naked Power Advantages in the first multipower that GM permission is required to be included in a Framework.

:)

HM

And now Sentinel 4:  British Lion, a UK Special Forces officer turned super soldier, equipped with pair of high tech gauntlets ("The Lion's Claws") and a utility belt.

PaladinAg

Edit 1: Sorry there should also have been a hat tip to Legendsmith for his version of Captain America and the "Combat Leader" power.

Edit 2: Why "British Lion"? Well, the Lion appears in the heraldry of all 4 constituents of the UK (including Wales, which most people associate with the Dragon) and sticking a big Union Jack on his chest would be, frankly, very un-British!

British Lion 450.HTML

And this is Sentinel 5. Persinette is a French sorceress, who has come to the UK to fight a terrible evil.

Edit:

For fairy tale buffs, Persinette is the French equivalent/predecessor of Rapunzel.  For this gaming universe, with her curse (her hair grows at least 6' every day), Persinette's ancestor was the original basis of the story.

Parading

Persinette 450.HTML

Anything in particular, part from the particular suggestion above? 

Having another look at British Lion, I think I would reduce the "combat leader" power (either reduce dice or take the loss rate back down to 5 pts/turn) to get some additional running, swimming, TF: SCUBA (he is SBS after all) and then some of the skills inc that above.

PaladinAg

Next Up is Sentinel 6.  Hornet is a journalist whose mutant powers have revealed the ability to be really small, when he is a flying energy projector, or really large, where he is a straightforward titan.  Resemblance to other stinging insects is of course unintentional...

PaladinAg

Hornet 450.HTML

Sentinel 7 is Nebula.  She is a 6'6" tall blue skinned extra-terrestrial energy projector, with a penchant for killer heels and risky fashion. Fortunately, she can shape shift into a human secret identity.

Nebula was one of my first Champions characters and, showing I was always a Marvel reader and somewhat ignorance of DC characters, she was originally called “Starfire”.  When someone showed me a relevant comic, I went hunting for a new, stellar related, name.  Yes, there is another character called Nebula and she even has blue skin, but at least she isn’t an energy projector. J

PaladinAg

Nebula 450.HTML

Thank you for the comments to date. I am reading and updating the characters.  Indeed some of the later characters presented are reflecting the comments and also, the "oh, yeah" moments that they help generate.

My intention is, when finished, to put the two teams into the download section.

PaladinAg

Sentinel 8 is Mercury.  He is a detective with the Met who acquired powers in an industrial accident.  Unsurprisingly with a name like Mercury he is a speedster (in my campaign settings the Roman gods were actually the Greek 'gods', so he isn't in danger of a visit/hunted from a very powerful entitiy!)

PaladinAg

Mercury 450.HTML

And here is the final member of the core Sentinels team, Mighty Girl.  She is a brick with the added power of living hair and also happens to have a history PhD. 

Particular thanks to Deadman for his Locks/Crimson Lake character.  Unlike his character I represented the living hair with a fair level of strength and a power pool to provide a range of special feats, although I did copy one power which I liked.

How many female bricks are out there?  Obviously the inspiration for the living hair component are a bit more limited.

PaladinAg

Mighty Girl 450.HTML

I really like Mighty Girl!!  You might consider giving her Striking Appearance instead of or on top of the Distinctive features...

A game I played in ages ago using Marvel Super Heroes had a character who had hair similar to this toon.  Except it was purple, and she wanted a Secret Id, but it wasn't going to happen... The player tried dying her hair but when she went to use her powers all the dye "fell off"!!

Amorkca,

Thanks for the comments.

Good spot about "selective fire" on Mercury's running punch manoevre.   I'm even thinking of making the running punch have two components - one for the strength (which he could then use to do running grabs and drop off civilians) and one for the hand attacks.

If you look carefully, Mighty Girl has 2 levels of striking appearance naturally (appearing under talents) and 2 more (just v men) in the 'powers' section as this is part of her superpower group.

PaladinAg

OK.  Here is something a bit different.  When the Sentinels formally become a team, they gain a package, including skills, perks, a base, an AI and a vehicle.

Base and Vehicle templates for HD from the download section.

PaladinAg

ATHINA 500.HTML

Knight Tower 500.TXT

Sentinel Team 500.HTML

The Phoenix 500.RTF

Here are the team in the flesh, er, pixel...

attachicon.gifValkyrie.jpgattachicon.gifSilver Paladin.jpgattachicon.gifStormfront.jpgattachicon.gifBritish Lion.jpgattachicon.gifPersinette.jpgattachicon.gifHornet.jpgattachicon.gifNebula.jpgattachicon.gifMercury.jpgattachicon.gifMighty Girl.jpg

PaladinAg

PS   Can anybody tell me how to scale up these images in the post?

Easy.

click on one of the images

click the save option on the bottom right of the pop-up

copy the url from the new window that opens

paste this image url into the post via the 'Image' option on the toolbar.

example:

post-57902-0-88622600-1484740180.jpg

You've already done the heavy lifting by uploading the images.

:)

HM