• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,474 posts

Posted 11 January 2017 - 11:25 AM

For those having issues with HD appearing too small under high resolution screens (when running Windows), an update has been posted which enables command-line flags to set the default font size throughout the application.  To use, you need to launch HD from the command line (or create a batch script) with the following:

javaw -jar HD6.jar [font size]

for example, the following would set the default font size throughout the application to 18pt:

javaw -jar HD6.jar 18

Windows does not appear to pass font scaling along to Java, hence the issue under high resolution screens.  Moreover, there are known issues within Java in attempting to change the font size once the UI has been rendered.  This is the reason that the command line flags are needed rather than a new application preferences setting.

• Tasha, MagePro and bluesguy like this

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#2 kukuli

kukuli

Skilled Normal

• 90 posts

Posted 20 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

Thank you! I miracast to my TV when working with my players and it was impossible to read.  It took a trip to the web to remember how to use the command line, but I did it.

#3 Whatchamazog

Whatchamazog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

For those having issues with HD appearing too small under high resolution screens (when running Windows), an update has been posted which enables command-line flags to set the default font size throughout the application.  To use, you need to launch HD from the command line (or create a batch script) with the following:

javaw -jar HD6.jar [font size]
for example, the following would set the default font size throughout the application to 18pt:
javaw -jar HD6.jar 18
Windows does not appear to pass font scaling along to Java, hence the issue under high resolution screens.  Moreover, there are known issues within Java in attempting to change the font size once the UI has been rendered.  This is the reason that the command line flags are needed rather than a new application preferences setting.

Which version of Java do you need?

#4 Simon

Simon

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 12,474 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

JRE 6 or better....which at this point means any reasonably recent full Java installation.
  • MagePro and Whatchamazog like this

I am but mad north by northwest.  When the wind is southerly, I know a hawk from a handsaw.

#5 pruttm

pruttm

Pete Ruttman

• 399 posts

Posted 29 January 2017 - 04:37 PM

Thanks much Dan.

Please visit my RPG company website at http://www.blessedmachine.com

We are regularly updating the News section with our latest progress.

#6 MagePro

MagePro

Advanced Member

• PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 16 March 2017 - 08:50 PM

Simon,

You are amazing!!  I think we had PM'ed about this some time ago.  I check back to look to see if someone had done a 5th ed version of Plasmoid in HD and I find this.  It's almost 11 at night and I am so happy and now I can't sleep. I can finally use HD on my biz wiz laptop with the insane rez.  

:hail: I come but to serve.