Gadgeteer

Cassandra

Here is the Characteristics Template I use for Gadgeteers (also for Mentalist and Mystics).

Male Char Female

20 STR 15

18 DEX 20

20 CON 20

12 BODY 10

13 INT 13

18 EGO 20

15 PRE 15

18 COM 18

6 PD 5

4 ED 5

4 SPD 4

8 REC 7

40 END 40

32 STUN 28

Total Characteristics Cost: 100 Points

I originally had Green Lantern as a Gadgeteer, a Superhero who used a Single Weapon operated by his force of EGO (and a Power Battery).  I recently questioned the decision until I caught a scene from Justice League Action.  The Toy Man captured Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and Cyborg, and using Mind Control devices to have them fight each other.  I know that an 13 INT is low for someone who build weapons using a Variable Power Pool, but that can be rectified with a SL: Overall +1.

I'm not really sure how to explain a GL but he's not really a gadgeteer. I guess he would be a blaster but he would have some type of sub-template. Did you just use the power ring from Champions Complete?

I don't have Champions Complete.  I use a 100 END 10 RED OIF (-1/2) to simulate the Power Ring.  That worked out for me because my Energy Projector has less Ego to make up for more REC and END.

Cassandra,

As you don't have access to CC (or possibly the HSEG for 6E), the power ring is shown as a whopper OIF MP (120 active points) with a whole load of variable slot powers.  It uses the personal END of the character but an END Reserve works just as well.  The EGO element could contribute by placing a limitation on the pool size that maximum active points for the power is EGO x 3/4/5 etc and/or characteristic roll limitation (which would also apply to the slots).

PaladinAg

Cassandra,

As you don't have access to CC (or possibly the HSEG for 6E), the power ring is shown as a whopper OIF MP (120 active points) with a whole load of variable slot powers.  It uses the personal END of the character but an END Reserve works just as well.  The EGO element could contribute by placing a limitation on the pool size that maximum active points for the power is EGO x 3/4/5 etc and/or characteristic roll limitation (which would also apply to the slots).

PaladinAg

I only use the 5th Edition, and with my characteristics templates most characters are pretty easy to build.