Module Conversions

Christopher R Taylor

Someone brought up the Keep on the Borderlands conversion I did, and people didn't seem to be aware of it, so I wanted to give everyone a heads up.  I have converted fifteen different old modules into Fantasy Hero.  Most of them are still 5th edition, as I don't have time to update all of them, but some have been updated to 6th.  They range from the excellent "N" series of novice modules to 2 of the 3 Against the Giants modules to some Warhammer Quest adventures I particularly liked.

I just finished updating the first official Forgotten Realms module "The Forest Oracle" to 6th edition.  In the future I hope to finish off the Giants series with G3, finish off the Desert of Desolation series, and get The Red Hand of Doom converted to Fantasy Hero.  Another in-progress series is the A series of slaver modules as well as Bone Hill.

These aren't for sale, they're just free pdf downloads off my site.  They're not super tight, just fun conversions to use in your game.  I've tried to find the most interesting old school ones I could, particularly lower level modules.  I am trying to focus on the classics, and modules I in particular liked.  The bulk are AD&D, with some older D&D jobs.

Feel free to run them in your campaign or just for a fun trip down memory lane.  They are as close to the original as I can manage, although some have been slightly altered (like, there's no Heinz 57 variety of giants or dragons in my campaign setting).

Uk1.jpg

I haven't read the others yet, but I was really impressed with your Keep on the Borderlands conversion. It felt flavorful and complete enough to run without any additional work on the part of the GM. I especially like the character sheet you included, its very different from the typical CC/FHC/6th edition character sheets.

I still haven't got the characters converted to 6th edition, and since my computer died taking my only copy of Hero Designer with it, might be a bit before I get them done.  I was sure I'd backed it up somewhere but I cannot find it anywhere.

Part of the reason I do these conversions is to help me with dungeon design, getting a good format and layout for my products, and to practice building things in Hero from scratch.