• Static (Virgil Hawkins)
    • Supergirl (Kara)
    • Triplicate Girl
    • Velocity (Cyber Force)
    • Violet Parr
    • White Witch
    • Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)
    • Nobody on this list

No that would be the final. Top Seed in A vs Top Seed in B. That is the way they use it in Grand Slam Tennis for example.

But you might make it the top vote getters. At the moment Supergirl and Ms Marvel have the most votes so they would be seeds 1 and 2. And then you would allot seedings by numbers of votes. You might get a disparity in a group getting less votes than another and that would drastically affect seedings 

Yeah, this is what I'm thinking. I'll seed them by number of votes (using my own top-secret formula for breaking ties) and have them face off in a traditional 24-slot bracket (essentially a 32-team bracket, but with the top 8 seeds getting a first round bye).

We'll give it until midnight EST tonight for people to make any last-minute votes, and I'll put up the first round tournament polls by Monday.

Okay, the voting period is now closed.  We have our contestants!

Participating in the Tournament of Heroes Under 21 classification will be the following heroes, listed in alphabetical order:

Batgirl (Cassandra Cain)

Batman (Terry McGinnis)

Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes)

Bouncing Boy

Buffy Summers

Cannonball

Cosmic Boy

Element Lad

Karate Kid

Lightning Lad

Magma

Mary Marvel

Matter-Eater Lad

Ms. Marvel (Kamala Khan)

Namorita 

Nova (Richard Rider)

Raven

Saturn Girl

Speedball

Stargirl

Static

Supergirl 

Violet Parr

White Witch

Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)

We had a four-way tie for the last qualifying position with only three slots available, so I decided that rather than conduct another poll, I'd just open it up by a slot.  So the tournament will feature 25 heroes instead of 24!

I have some unanticipated logistical stuff to resolve, so it'll take a few days to get the polls up. Stay tuned for more to come! And thank you all for everything so far!

Also interesting, I thought: a 13-12 female/male split. And the top four seeds are all girls: Supergirl, Ms. Marvel, Mary Marvel, and Wonder Girl. The highest-seeded boys will be Batman and Nova(!), and they could end up seeded as low as 8th/9th and both not get a first-round bye.

And ZERO animes.  If the trend continues we might have more Green Lanterns than all of anime combined.  Not that I dont like some DC/Marvel characters, but a near complete DC/Marvel fest does seem a bit boring.  It is what it is.

I wasn't aware of this until the poll was open, or I would have nominated Ichigo Kurosaki and Yusuke Urameshi.

I admit I tend to think of Heroes on a poll on a messageboard devoted to a system that started as a superhero system - and I think  superhero, not something else (and all the trappings: Costumes, code names etc.).

I wasn't aware of this until the poll was open, or I would have nominated Ichigo Kurosaki and Yusuke Urameshi.

I admit I tend to think of Heroes on a poll on a messageboard devoted to a system that started as a superhero system - and I think  superhero, not something else (and all the trappings: Costumes, code names etc.).

Luckily, Ichigo is in unlimited, so we can vote him into the tournament. 

Okay, I've done some research and crunched some numbers, and I've got the bracket set up. (Click here to look at it, if you'd like.) I'll start getting images ready and such, and I think we can start voting tomorrow. More details as they become available.

Man, have we got some great matches in the first round!

Luckily, Ichigo is in unlimited, so we can vote him into the tournament. 

I wouldn't hold my breath, though. Given how this one went, anime characters will need for there to be less non-anime characters than available spot.  Admittedly, this wasn't a good category for them (the nominations), though the lack of support for a decently known character as Gohan is disconcerting  (I thought he'd be the one guy).  In any case, I'm not really complaining, as the process was fair, but am a bit disappointed.