Champions Saint Louis

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Gemphyre

Gemphyre

Competent Normal

• 148 posts

Posted 21 January 2017 - 11:53 AM

I recently moved to the Saint Louis, MO area for work.  Looking for a Hero Systems/Champions group to join.  I may also be interested in some other games as well.

#2 Netzilla

Netzilla

SETAC-Powered Hero

• 1,295 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 11:37 AM

First up, welcome to The Loo.  I live out in St. Charles, just west of the city.  I've lived around StL my whole life (though mostly on the Illinois side), so if you have questions about the area, PM me and I'll answer what I can.

My group plays out of Alton, IL, just north of StL but we haven't played Champions in a bit (currently FantasyCraft with Harn up next).  Plus, we're pretty full up at 8 players + GM. 

However, you might have some luck checking out the local area Meetup groups:

https://www.meetup.com/RPG-GUILD/

https://www.meetup.c...Players-Gamers/

Also check out the local game stores as some offer table space and I know there used to be a handful of Champs players aside from my group located in the StL area.

Deric Page
"There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it." -- Larry Niven

Currently Playing: FantasyCraft
On Hiatus: Dark Champions - Monster Hunters
Wanting to Run: Feng Shui 2, Traveller Champions
Wanting to Play: Middle Earth - 4th Age, Gamma World/Post Apocalyptic Hero, Mekton

Gaming since '81. Hero gaming since '86.

#3 Gemphyre

Gemphyre

Competent Normal

• 148 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:21 PM

Also check out the local game stores as some offer table space and I know there used to be a handful of Champs players aside from my group located in the StL area.

OK.  What are some of the local game stores?  The last town I lived in (Albany, GA) did not have any that I knew of.  And before you ask, no that is not close to Atlanta.  Tallahassee, FL is closer.

#4 Netzilla

Netzilla

SETAC-Powered Hero

• 1,295 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 06:49 AM

Depends on where you're at. The biggest local chain is the Fantasy Shop, which has several locations scattered around.
http://www.fantasyshoponline.com

Game Night is near the Town & Country area.
http://www.gameniteshop.com

Miniature Market also has its brick and mortar stor on the south side of the city (though they're more board, card and miniature games than RPGs).
http://www.miniaturemarket.com

Also check out the sponsors pages of the two meetup groups I mentioned.

Deric Page
"There is no cause so right that one cannot find a fool following it." -- Larry Niven

Wanting to Play: Middle Earth - 4th Age, Gamma World/Post Apocalyptic Hero, Mekton

#5 Gemphyre

Gemphyre

Competent Normal

• 148 posts

Posted 04 February 2017 - 09:54 AM

Maryland Heights.  I work near the airport.

#6 Netzilla

Netzilla

SETAC-Powered Hero

• 1,295 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 10:13 AM

You're not far from the St Charles branch of the Fantasy Shop (my main store) and Newcastle Comics and Games (http://www.newcastlecomics.com).

Deric Page

#7 SAW2

SAW2

Incompetent Normal

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 01:07 AM

My fellow GM and I are attempting to get a Champions group going.

This has been posted on Meet Up.

Our initial meeting will be at Fantasy Books in O'Fallon, IL on Sunday July 30th at 2:30pm.

We're planning on a house ruled 5th edition game with 250 base points + 100 in Disads.

Hope to see you there.

• Brian Stanfield likes this

#8 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Low-Powered Superhero

• 323 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:27 AM

Well this is interesting. I'm in Carbondale, which is a little over an hour away, but without a HERO scene. How often do you think you'll meet? Do you want us to show up with a character, or touch base first and learn about the campaign first?
  • SAW2 likes this

#9 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Low-Powered Superhero

• 323 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 05:36 AM

One more question: are you going to be at Fantasy Books & Games in Fairview Heights, or Fantasy Books in Belleville?

Oh, and what's the name of your Meetup group?
  • SAW2 likes this

#10 SAW2

SAW2

Incompetent Normal

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:43 PM

Hello Brian,

No need to work up a character beforehand. I'll have my laptop with HERO Designer on it so we can bang out a character pretty quick.

We'd like to meet weekly but we're waiting to see what schedule works best for everyone & our venue.

The Meetup group is RPG Guild of Greater St. Louis. My fellow GM has already had contact thru Meetup with a Brian from Carbondale so if that's not you, you'll have a potential carpooling partner.  :snicker:

We will be at Fantasy Books & Games in Fairview Heights. 1977 West Highway 50 O'Fallon.

We'll see you there. Drive safe.

Scott

#11 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Low-Powered Superhero

• 323 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 08:20 AM

That was me. Unfortunately, I spoke before checking my calendar. Of all the bad luck, I already have some commitments on that Sunday. I hope it works out anyway, and I'd be interested in future meetings for sure!

#12 charminghome

charminghome

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 July 2017 - 04:21 AM

My group plays out of Alton, IL, just north of StL but we haven't played Champions in a bit 

#13 SAW2

SAW2

Incompetent Normal

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 12:42 AM

Brian- No worries. Stay tuned here & on Meetup, we'll post subsequent meetings. Is there a day that works better for you? In a couple of weeks Sundays are going to be a no-go.

Charminghome- You're welcome to come on down & meet with us. See if you like us or not. The more the merrier.

Scott

#14 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Low-Powered Superhero

• 323 posts

Posted 25 July 2017 - 08:28 PM

Saturdays would work best, or maybe Fridays. I have a longish drive, so Saturday afternoons would be ideal.

#15 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Low-Powered Superhero

• 323 posts

Posted 31 July 2017 - 05:23 AM

Brian- No worries. Stay tuned here & on Meetup, we'll post subsequent meetings. Is there a day that works better for you? In a couple of weeks Sundays are going to be a no-go.

Charminghome- You're welcome to come on down & meet with us. See if you like us or not. The more the merrier.

Scott

How did Sunday go?

#16 SAW2

SAW2

Incompetent Normal

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:48 PM

Brian,

Thanks for asking. It went so-so. I'm not super comfortable around new people so it was a little weird at first, but maybe that was just me.

Everybody's characters met & I had it set up so they didn't have to fight first. :winkgrin:

Ran a quick combat vs. some terrorists to shake the rust off.

Gemphyre, the guy that started this thread, was there. I hope he had fun & is willing to come back.

Right now it seems scheduling may be a more dangerous opponent than Dr. Destroyer...

Scott

#17 SAW2

SAW2

Incompetent Normal

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 August 2017 - 07:27 PM

To whom that actually care (Brian, Gemphyre & Charminghome),

We are planning to play again at Fantasy Books & Games in Fairview Heights Friday night Aug. 18th at 6:00.

All are welcome & the more the merrier.

Scott

#18 Brian Stanfield

Brian Stanfield

Low-Powered Superhero

• 323 posts

Posted 13 August 2017 - 08:38 PM

6:00 is pretty tight for me, but I'll try to make it there with a character in hand.

#19 SAW2

SAW2

Incompetent Normal

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 August 2017 - 11:18 PM

If you're late, it's no big deal. I'm almost always late for everything.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Champions, Saint Louis