Gemphyre

Looking for Champions in Saint Louis, MO area

First up, welcome to The Loo.  I live out in St. Charles, just west of the city.  I've lived around StL my whole life (though mostly on the Illinois side), so if you have questions about the area, PM me and I'll answer what I can.

My group plays out of Alton, IL, just north of StL but we haven't played Champions in a bit (currently FantasyCraft with Harn up next).  Plus, we're pretty full up at 8 players + GM. 

However, you might have some luck checking out the local area Meetup groups:

https://www.meetup.com/RPG-GUILD/

https://www.meetup.com/STL-Role-Players-Gamers/

Also check out the local game stores as some offer table space and I know there used to be a handful of Champs players aside from my group located in the StL area.

Also check out the local game stores as some offer table space and I know there used to be a handful of Champs players aside from my group located in the StL area.

OK.  What are some of the local game stores?  The last town I lived in (Albany, GA) did not have any that I knew of.  And before you ask, no that is not close to Atlanta.  Tallahassee, FL is closer.

Depends on where you're at. The biggest local chain is the Fantasy Shop, which has several locations scattered around.

http://www.fantasyshoponline.com

Game Night is near the Town & Country area.

http://www.gameniteshop.com

Miniature Market also has its brick and mortar stor on the south side of the city (though they're more board, card and miniature games than RPGs).

http://www.miniaturemarket.com

Also check out the sponsors pages of the two meetup groups I mentioned.

My fellow GM and I are attempting to get a Champions group going.

This has been posted on Meet Up.

Our initial meeting will be at Fantasy Books in O'Fallon, IL on Sunday July 30th at 2:30pm.

We're planning on a house ruled 5th edition game with 250 base points + 100 in Disads.

Hope to see you there.

Well this is interesting. I'm in Carbondale, which is a little over an hour away, but without a HERO scene. How often do you think you'll meet? Do you want us to show up with a character, or touch base first and learn about the campaign first?

Hello Brian,

No need to work up a character beforehand. I'll have my laptop with HERO Designer on it so we can bang out a character pretty quick.

We'd like to meet weekly but we're waiting to see what schedule works best for everyone & our venue.

The Meetup group is RPG Guild of Greater St. Louis. My fellow GM has already had contact thru Meetup with a Brian from Carbondale so if that's not you, you'll have a potential carpooling partner.  :snicker:

We will be at Fantasy Books & Games in Fairview Heights. 1977 West Highway 50 O'Fallon.

We'll see you there. Drive safe.

Scott

Brian- No worries. Stay tuned here & on Meetup, we'll post subsequent meetings. Is there a day that works better for you? In a couple of weeks Sundays are going to be a no-go.

Charminghome- You're welcome to come on down & meet with us. See if you like us or not. The more the merrier.

Scott

Brian- No worries. Stay tuned here & on Meetup, we'll post subsequent meetings. Is there a day that works better for you? In a couple of weeks Sundays are going to be a no-go.

Charminghome- You're welcome to come on down & meet with us. See if you like us or not. The more the merrier.

Scott

How did Sunday go?

Brian,

Thanks for asking. It went so-so. I'm not super comfortable around new people so it was a little weird at first, but maybe that was just me.

Everybody's characters met & I had it set up so they didn't have to fight first. :winkgrin:

Ran a quick combat vs. some terrorists to shake the rust off.

Gemphyre, the guy that started this thread, was there. I hope he had fun & is willing to come back.

Right now it seems scheduling may be a more dangerous opponent than Dr. Destroyer...

Scott

To whom that actually care (Brian, Gemphyre & Charminghome),

We are planning to play again at Fantasy Books & Games in Fairview Heights Friday night Aug. 18th at 6:00.

All are welcome & the more the merrier.

Scott