The Great Book Alphabet Game

Pariah

Startide Rising, by David Brin, one of my favorite sci-fi books.

Back among the N's, Desmond Morris's The Naked Ape, which profoundly influenced my thinking when I read it as a freshman in high school.

The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner, which I had to read for a college English course I didn't have to take.  Not a happy story, but a powerful one, and one that grants insight into some types of dysfunctional family, albeit through a lens now almost a century in the past.  Also an exploration of both a never-capable mentality and a brilliant but broken and self-destructive one, again profoundly thought-provoking.

The first Sherlock Holmes story A Study in Scarlet also The Sign of Four and A Scandal in Bohemia

Salem's Lot by Stephen King. What happens when a vampire comes to town. The Stand

Strip Tease by Carl Hiaason. Also Skin Tight, Sick Puppy and Stormy Weather. I like the author and have a whole lot of books by him. The film is not much cop. All the action should be close to the heart of those on the board as it is based in Florida.

The Spear, The Secret of Crickley Hall, Shrine  and Sepulchre. These are all horror books by the author James Herbert who I met and got one book autographed. the last book was the one which really made me queasy.

The Snake, The Crocodile and The Dog and Seeing a Large Cat by Elizabeth Peters. Crime and archaology

Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. The film is quite a faithful adaptation of the book. I got into this after seeing Manhunter at the London Film Festival.

Three of the Harper's series set in the Forgotten Realms Soldiers of Ice, Stormlight and Silver Shadows. The last of the three is probably the best.

Strangers on a train by Patricia Highsmith. Probably more famous due to the film adaptations

Schindler's List by Thomas Keneally

The Scarlet Pimpernel by Baroness Orczy

The Spy who Came in From the Cold and Smiley's People by John le Carre

The Short Victorious War by David Weber. An early Honor Harrington book.

A Shadow on the Glass by Ian Irvine. This is the first of a quartet and is something I enjoyed

Snuff by Terry Pratchett

A Song of Shadows by John Connolly. This is a Charlie Parker book which I must buy.

Missing books

Pyramids, Reaper Man, Small Gods, Soul Music and Sourcery by Terry Pratchett

Stormbringer by Michael Moorcock. The origin as far as I am concerned of swords with a personality of its own and really, really dangerous.

Lair, Moon, Nobody True, Once, Portent, The Secret of Crickley Hall and The Rats by James Herbert

Riotous Assembly by Tom Sharpe. a funny book which does a great demolition job on the South African Police. After an old white woman kills her black servant the police screw up the investigation in a major way.

Polgara the Sorceress by David Eddings

Sunglasses after Dark by Nancy A Collins. This is an anthology of stories about the vampire Sonja Blue. I liked it.

The Pelican Brief by John Grisham

The Moon is a Balloon by David Niven. An autobiography and quite fun

People's Century Volumes 1 and 2 This is from the BBC show of the same name and was screened at the turn of the century

Red Meat by Max Cannon. This is a collection of the comic strip of the same name.

Seven Pillars of Wisdom by T E Lawrence. The autobiography of Lawrence up to the end of the Arab revolt. It is very good.

Northern Lights and The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman. These are the first two parts of the His Dark Materials trilogy and very good

Perdido Street Station by China Melville

The Princess Bride by William Goldman. The film is a great adaptation of the book

Middlemarch by George Thomas. You start with one character and end up with the whole town

Six Armies in Normandy by John Keegan. One of the seminal war histories.

One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel Garcia Marquez. The novelist is acclaimed and this is one of the reasons why.

The Stars my Destination by Alfred Bester. A sci fi book and simple and entertaining

Margrave of the Marshes this is the autobiography and biography of John Peel. The first part he had written before he died and the latter bit was compiled through his family

The Past from Above by Georg Gestler. This was a museum book purchase based on the exhibition of the same name and wonderful

On the Road by Jack Kerouac. A seminal book and well worth a read

The Pacific by Hugh Ambrose. Taken from the HBO series of the same name but it has added characters to cover the entire war in the East. The one character not in the series is the pilot so that they can cover the air war. I liked it.

Playboy 40th Anniversary and Playboy Centerfolds. These are coffee table books and I like them

Summer Knight and Side Jobs by Jim Butcher. Two more of the Dresden chronicles.

Gaming stuff that we have missed

Ruins of Undermountain and The Seven Sisters for the Forgotten Realms

The Night Below: An Underdark Campaign and Return to the Tomb of Horrors. The latter is an add on to one of the most lethal and best of the Dungeon Modules

Realm of the Kuo Tua and Queen of the Demonweb Pits from the Descent into the Depths of the Earth series.

The original Ravenloft module I6. This introduced Ravenloft and Strahd

Necropolis, Slumbering Tsar and The Rainbow Mage from Necromancer Games

Various Scarred Lands books including Relics and Rituals, Secrets and Societies, the Player Guides to various character classes, The Penumbral Pentagon and Shelzar City of Sin

Various Vampire products including Player's Guide to the Sabbat, Los Angeles, Montreal, San Francisco, New York and New Orleans by Night and Sins of the Blood

For Champions Red Dawn, Shades of Black, Sharper than a Serpent's Tooth and Stronghold (both editions)

For Villains and Vigilantes Most Wanted, Most Wanted 3, Organised Crimes and Super Crooks and Criminals

For Heroes Unlimited Skraypers

For Call of Cthulhu Masks of Nyarlathotep, London Guidebook, Missions of Madness, No Man's Land and Mortal Coils