POD Covers

toddbanister

A couple of quick questions that I hope users that have bought some of the POD books can answer:

1.) Hero System Skills - I read in an older topic that the POD book came with a blue cover (rather than the 5th edition Ultimate cover shown in the store) so that it would fit in with the rest of the 6th edition core books. Is this correct? If so - can someone post a pic of the cover as I would love to see it?

2.) Hero System Equipment Guide - I finally tracked down a printed copy of this book at a reasonable price and when it came in, I noticed two things about it that made it slightly different from my other 6th edition core books:

A.) The paper was a little bit thinner

B.) The circle/icon on the front cover was white rather than the normal yellow on all of the other 6th edition books

Was this the norm for the printed Hero System Equipment Guides - or did I get a POD copy and the seller didn't let me know?

Thanks guys,

TB

I'm about to order a bunch of POD Hero books, so I'll let you know. I have had GREAT success with OBS/Lightning Source. Good quality, good readability, great color. I prefer the high-quality paper with color prints, but the B&W stuff is also good. Frankly, I don't need color at the table - the reference is more important than the pizazz. :-D

1. Yes, the Skills books is blue and has been blue for a long time now.

2. Yes, the gear symbol is white on the Equipment guide. I have no idea why they didn't make it yellow.

Paper thickness will vary a bit from book to book depending on who prints it and what kind of paper they elect to use. Welcome to the wonderful world of POD!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little heart surgery on the way home, huh? I hate days like that.

It's almost fast enough these days to be done outpatient. In a Drivethru... :-D

Here are some pics of the POD softcovers that just arrived! The quality is superb, well put together, nice paper, crisp print. I think this is a superb option for publishers looking to keep a catalog available forever!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_lJhbSwBglnU3dlTW01QlY2c0k?usp=sharing

It's almost fast enough these days to be done outpatient. In a Drivethru... :-D

Here are some pics of the POD softcovers that just arrived! The quality is superb, well put together, nice paper, crisp print. I think this is a superb option for publishers looking to keep a catalog available forever!

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_lJhbSwBglnU3dlTW01QlY2c0k?usp=sharing

For some reason I can't follow that link from my iPhone?!

I will look at it later from the hospital patients PC when I get a chance. I am curios to see if I overspent on original print runs of 6e stuff.

HM