The House That Jack Built

Mark Rand

Way back in Adventurers Club 18 (1983) Scott F. Heine and Steven Holmes gave us The House That Jack Built, which I think is excellent.  I'd like to use this house as the basis for a fastness, but want to do without all of the hauntings and have the gates go to benign places instead of the ones there. 

I'm planning to turn the gentlemen's parlour into the living room (removing the billiard room in the process), turning the ladies' parlour into a rec room, the sewing room into the billiard room, and replacing the trophy room  with a room containing a decorative water fountain.

Any other ideas?

And what was the matter with Ami's Condo or Rei's Shinto Temple?

The only Shinto shrines in the United States are in Washington state and Hawaii and Ami's condo is just too small to serve as the team's headquarters and and the girls landing at its location, probably either in Downtown River City, on the North Shore, or on Mount Washington would probably attract attention, which they don't want. 

The only Shinto shrines in the United States are in Washington state and Hawaii and Ami's condo is just too small to serve as the team's headquarters and and the girls landing at its location, probably either in Downtown River City, on the North Shore, or on Mount Washington would probably attract attention, which they don't want.

Ah...took them out of Tokyo I see.

Must be that they are now based in "Crossroads, Washington", a former containment camp slash city durring World War 2.

Ah...took them out of Tokyo I see.

Must be that they are now based in "Crossroads, Washington", a former containment camp slash city durring World War 2.

Actually, according to Wikipedia, it's near Granite Falls.  Wikipedia also has a list of all the Shinto shrines in Japan, 22 of which are in Tokyo.

"Crossroads" was the name DiC gave to the girl's school.

Okay.  I'm using Shady Side Academy as the game's Ravenswood.  The junior school is on South Braddock Avenue while the middle and senior schools are in Fox Chapel.  The senior school, the only one with dorms, is also the super school.

I've removed the entrance to the catacombs and the two hidden passages between the first and second floors. 

The door to the tower staircase is now opened by a switch hidden in the living room's grandfather clock.

One of the two French doors leads to a motorhome parked on the grounds of the River City International Race Complex.   The other leads to the danger room.

The third floor has a home gym, first aid room, and 12 bedrooms each with its own bathroom.

Where the tower stairs lead to and what's behind the doors in the former hall of horrors is unknown.

• 2 months later...

o

And what was the matter with Ami's Condo or Rei's Shinto Temple?

Maybe having it at the shrine would be a good idea.  I assume Akiko and her grandfather, who is also her legal guardian, live near the shrine.  There could be a door there, accessible only to certain people, that lead to their base.  The layout of the living quarters are based on a hotel floor with the dining area, game room, and training areas extending from it where the elevator lobby, stairs, and service areas were.