2017-18 NFL Thread

Pariah

On 11/16/2017 at 1:26 PM, Starlord said:

On 11/16/2017 at 2:10 PM, Enforcer84 said:

That kid is a better legacy than Carruth deserves. 

From the article, it sounds like Rae Carruth remains a sociopath with delusions of entitlement.

I feel bad for his son, but I really shouldn't. His life is, in its own simple way, quite enjoyable and he is surrounded by people who love him and care about him. You can't really ask for more than that, regardless of your perceived level of "ability". Rae Carruth does not deserve to call himself this amazing young man's Father.

43 minutes ago, Cygnia said:

My husband had deluded himself into thinking that the Browns might actually win today...

...and then the game started.

As the resident Jags fan, I thought this might be the Browns day. Thank gods they Brownsed it up in the final two minutes.

The Jags... have issues. But an ugly win is still a win. 

7 hours ago, Pariah said:

A month and a half ago, it looked like the AFC West might be the strongest division in the NFL.

Today, the Chefs are in first place at 4-6. 

What a strange season it's been.

Like many teams the Chiefs have been victimized by key injuries, on defense in their case.  On top of that Andy Reid is doing a better than usual job of outcoaching himself lately.

3 hours ago, Pariah said:

...and the Donkeys have found their scapegoat, firing OC Mike McCoy.

I wonder if they're considering bringing in Peyton Manning as Offensive Coordinator? He's already done it for four years....

Well, I thought he called a horrible game, WAAYYY too many slant routes, our Bengal radio guys were actually predicting playcalls during the game.

Researchers have found chemicals in living brains that may be linked to CTE that is found when the brain is examined postmortem. Previously the only diagnoses of the ailment have been postmortem, frequently after suicides.

If this leads anywhere, the ability to detect the condition while the patient is still alive leaves open the possibility that CTE might well become treatable, even if only in a palliative sense.

7 hours ago, Starlord said:

Well, I thought he called a horrible game, WAAYYY too many slant routes, our Bengal radio guys were actually predicting playcalls during the game.

Why call passes at all when your "quarterback" is Brock Osweiler?

Meanwhile, I hear a lot about how awful Seattle's offensive line is, but actually watching it is truly offensive.  I mean, Wilson's scrambling is exciting, but every single play?